Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:48 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post

I don't understand the mentality of some. You think that if the president isn't physically in the white house he isn't doing his job. Presidents are never really on vacation but they are allowed to spend time with their families outside the white house are they not.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:55 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
That's our president. The blackish race hustler who spends every bit of time he can with the elite white folks of Martha's Vineyard. But then plays the race card Monday through Friday.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:03 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Our special forces shouldn't be sent to rescue dumbasses that voluntarily go to places like Afghanistan and Syria. These Christian and humanist do-gooder's need to accept the consequences of their actions. These people are not worth the lives of Seals, Delta, Rangers or anyone else who might be sent to to rescue their dumb selves.
You can't be serious. These two hostages were the professors at the university there, one of the only places in that nation that people can obtain a degree, to include mostly women. Typically, that area is well guarded and safety is better than the surrounding area. The kidnappers were dressed and acted as Afghan police which is party why the raid was successful to begin with.

These two professional educators were working towards a better future for that nation. I would love to hear what your contribution to that same cause have been so far. Personally, I can't wait to go back again.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:04 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't understand the mentality of some. You think that if the president isn't physically in the white house he isn't doing his job. Presidents are never really on vacation but they are allowed to spend time with their families outside the white house are they not.
Obviously he wasn't doing his job because they had to cancel the rescue op.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:19 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
You can't be serious. These two hostages were the professors at the university there, one of the only places in that nation that people can obtain a degree, to include mostly women. Typically, that area is well guarded and safety is better than the surrounding area. The kidnappers were dressed and acted as Afghan police which is party why the raid was successful to begin with.

These two professional educators were working towards a better future for that nation. I would love to hear what your contribution to that same cause have been so far. Personally, I can't wait to go back again.
I have made no contribution because I don't give two s***'s about Muslims or their lives. I'm not stupid enough to go to a lawless Muslim hell hole.

Go to whatever Muslim country you want. But if you get kidnapped, you should be on your own. And when the black flag is behind you and the camera is in front of you, you can think about all the good you did while they saw through your neck.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:30 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
.. I don't mean to be insensitive. I am sure the heart is in the right place, I don't know where the brain is.
There is always internet for the locals to learn English.

These two "professors" are extremely irresponsible.

I read an article a long time ago, the author was talking about this type of Travelers.

As soon as a new conflict hits the news, people descend on it: the peacekeepers and humanitarian aid workers and journalists of course, but also the curious and the intrepid and the careless, travelers for whom war is just another form of extreme tourism and who would wear the kind of T-shirt that said "I've done Somalia and survived." Great. You got lucky. Might not last.

Need to think about the consequences before leaving. Special force guys are not somebody's sons? Rescue mission can be extremely dangerous. Example, it could be 8 guys for those two. ANYTHING can happen in a foreign land.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:41 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. I don't mean to be insensitive. I am sure the heart is in the right place, I don't know where the brain is.
There is always internet for the locals to learn English.

These two "professors" are extremely irresponsible.

I read an article a long time ago, the author was talking about this type of Travelers.

As soon as a new conflict hits the news, people descend on it: the peacekeepers and humanitarian aid workers and journalists of course, but also the curious and the intrepid and the careless, travelers for whom war is just another form of extreme tourism and who would wear the kind of T-shirt that said "I've done Somalia and survived." Great. You got lucky. Might not last.

Need to think about the consequences before leaving. Special force guys are not somebody's sons? Rescue mission can be extremely dangerous. Example, it could be 8 guys for those two. ANYTHING can happen in a foreign land.
I'm involved with CASEVAC and other important flight support for rural areas, every little bit helps. Do not put me on any high horse, pay is the main driving factor, as I suspect was the same for those two professors. But the secondary factor is still contributing (hopefully) to a better future for a very unstable, and very impoverished nation. It has become better over the last few years, but with so far to go.

And as a Veteran myself, I know exactly how our operators feel about it. They were trained for a purpose, and are highly professional in performing those actions to a very admirable degree. If they did not feel comfortable performing the task or felt the risk was too great, the mission would never have left the drawing board.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:50 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
I'm involved with CASEVAC and other important flight support for rural areas, every little bit helps. Do not put me on any high horse, pay is the main driving factor, as I suspect was the same for those two professors. But the secondary factor is still contributing (hopefully) to a better future for a very unstable, and very impoverished nation. It has become better over the last few years, but with so far to go.

And as a Veteran myself, I know exactly how our operators feel about it. They were trained for a purpose, and are highly professional in performing those actions to a very admirable degree. If they did not feel comfortable or felt the risk was too great, the mission would never have come off the drawing board.
Well, like I said, I don't mean to be insensitive. I want these two hostages to be safe. I think these two should have thought about the consequences before traveling over there. Is it worth it?

Such specialized and elite assets are required for the task because it is so demanding — a mission even other special operations forces are not considered qualified to conduct. And remember, these missions are last-ditch efforts, usually only given the green light when the hostage is considered in imminent danger. That makes an already near-impossible mission that much more challenging — a swing for the fence in the bottom of the ninth. That they sometimes come up short shouldn't be considered much of a surprise.

I read an article online, (don't remember the source)

But if I remember it correctly, it says Historically, JSOC's hostage rescue track record was one of spectacular failure — such as Operation Eagle Claw, the failed Delta rescue attempt in Iran in 1980 — and spectacular success — such as Delta Force's successful rescue of Kurt Muse in Operation Acid Gambit from a Panamanian prison in 1989. More than anything, however, they were spectacularly rare.

So my question is

DON'T you think these two ENGLISH PROFESSORS should have thought about their actions before traveling?

Not saying their lives are not worth saving, but come on now.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:37 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Not only that, but there are military operations going on every day in every presidency.

I just always try to remember the childish obsession of the right with putting down the first Black president.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:13 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Our special forces shouldn't be sent to rescue dumbasses that voluntarily go to places like Afghanistan and Syria. These Christian and humanist do-gooder's need to accept the consequences of their actions. These people are not worth the lives of Seals, Delta, Rangers or anyone else who might be sent to to rescue their dumb selves.

I acutally agree. This was a job for Blackwater types, private enterprise. That's what kidnap insurance is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies