Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 08:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Sorry I have to disagree. If you are the CinC you don't get time off. If something goes down while you are on your vacation, then you have to be on top of it. It's like managing your household. The pipe under the sink busts, you can't tell it that you can't do anything because you are on vacation, it has to be tended to. Just like a sick child. You can't tell them you are on vacation, they have to be taken care of.
Did you know it's the year 2016? I'm guessing you don't know or understand the technology of today. If you did, you would know that the president is able to be on the job 24/7. I'm sorry you don't understand that, that's kind of sad that you don't actually.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
:

There’s no such thing as a true non-working vacation for the president (Presidential Vacations)

So yes, they really don't get time off. I'm not a fan of Obama, but he does need an outlet to relax. If that is playing a game of golf so be it. If it's clearing brush on your land the by all means do it. Sometimes I do my best thinking cleaning or working in the yard....whatever I'm in the mood to do at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm sure no matter where he goes his team of security officials apprise him of everything going on, Whatever the reason for that seal team mission not happening wasnt because Obama was playing golf thats just what the ultra rightwing publication Breitbart wants you to believe as their whole reason for existence is to Trash all things left Obama being their main target.
Once again....see the above comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Did you know it's the year 2016? I'm guessing you don't know or understand the technology of today. If you did, you would know that the president is able to be on the job 24/7. I'm sorry you don't understand that, that's kind of sad that you don't actually.
I'm fully aware of today's technology...my husband who is in the military works with it daily. I'm fully aware. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:35 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The SEAL Team had the Presidential OK to look for the Hostages, but the Golfer In Chief still had to give the OK for them to move in. He was too busy,busy,busy that day.
Some conservatives actually believe this.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:52 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
So far Obama has taken less than 200 vacation days. While GW Bush took 879 vacation days. Even if Obama spent every day remaining in his term on vacation he still would have taken WAY less vacation days than GW Bush.

Hey Conservatives, Let's Compare Obama And Bush Vacations

Question, could 6th grade students make more accurate, factual, and politically relevant posts than the republicans in this forum? (there's a good chance.)

Old 09-12-2016, 08:05 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
The Breibart source of the Washington Post (the link is included in the Breibart article) is in direct opposition to Breibart's claim that Obama was on vacation and didn't/coulnd't "authorize" the mission....

You should not take Breibart as a "factual" source. They frequently mis-respresent their sources/stories. The WP said the mission was authorized. Not sure why they even used the WP as a "source."

Old 09-12-2016, 10:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:

I'm fully aware of today's technology...my husband who is in the military works with it daily. I'm fully aware. Thanks.
Clearly you're not, otherwise you wouldn't make such a foolish post.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:56 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Some conservatives actually believe this.
Just like some liberals believe Bush blew up the levees.

There are more than enough crackpots to go around on both sides....especially in an election year....they're practically deranged at this point.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:57 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The Breibart source of the Washington Post (the link is included in the Breibart article) is in direct opposition to Breibart's claim that Obama was on vacation and didn't/coulnd't "authorize" the mission....

You should not take Breibart as a "factual" source. They frequently mis-respresent their sources/stories. The WP said the mission was authorized. Not sure why they even used the WP as a "source."
Yep. Breitbart is a crap site just like the Daily Kos. Not quite bottom of the barrell but darn close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies