Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 07:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Yawn. Imagine that they can give that POS TWENTY FIVE MILLION and didn't have to raise a price on a single item yet they supposedly CAN'T do the same thing for the workers that sell,make,transport,stock their crap products.....Its another reason I DESPISE rich pieces of **** and I relish in the fact when one gets taken out....or their house burns to the ground or something happens to their family...they deserve it.

Gawd bless these puke-pusses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 07:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I turned down a CEO job because it interfered with my bowling league.
Yeah...me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The better question is, why aren't you?
For the same reason that you aren't.
Quote:
You lifetime employees will never get it!

Running a business isn't about what you can afford in overhead. It is all about minimizing overhead, to maximize profits.
You are not in business, just to give someone a job at a price well above what the supply & demand dictates the going rates. One takes the risk to start their own business to make money, not friends.
Business is major cut throat. That is why there is the phrase, "nothing personal, it is just business".
Lol..."lifetime employees." Like you aren't one.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:16 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's not even close to what I thought he was making. I figured double that much.

That said, I wonder if he's been worth that salary to the company?
I got an idea, why don't you go to Arkansas and tell the board of directors you can do his job for half the money?

Old 09-11-2016, 07:29 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
dont forget that the CEO does not set their compensation, the board of directors does that. teh CEO can either sign or not sign the contract. so instead of jumping all over the CEO, go after the board of directors instead.

as for the burger flippers, if they can get their pay raised, go for it. but burger flipping does pay much because it is an entry level job that requires few skills, so why should they get paid a large salary?
Hillary Clinton on that exact same Board Of Directors of Walmart for years. This is back when she was also legal counsel as they made sure their employees couldn't unionize. Don't worry though, she's gonna fight for the Middle Class & hold the corporations accountable.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:36 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
There are 2.1 million Walmart employees. If they work on average 1219 hours a year the CEO could forego his compensation so all other Walmart employees could make an extra penny an hour.
Maybe you should take YOUR massive paycheck and donate all to something and tell us next year how that went.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Maybe you should take YOUR massive paycheck and donate all to something and tell us next year how that went.

That would be dumb.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
That would be dumb.
Which is the same thing most wealthy people should say to those suggesting they should donate their after tax money after all the time, money, and risks in life they spent making it.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Which is the same thing most wealthy people should say to those suggesting they should donate their after tax money after all the time, money, and risks in life they spent making it.
I agree 100%.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:13 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
You lifetime employees will never get it!

Running a business isn't about what you can afford in overhead. It is all about minimizing overhead, to maximize profits.
You are not in business, just to give someone a job at a price well above what the supply & demand dictates the going rates. One takes the risk to start their own business to make money, not friends.
Business is major cut throat. That is why there is the phrase, "nothing personal, it is just business".
I own several small businesses. And I believe business is about providing outstanding service and products, respecting your workers as the backbone of the business, paying workers as much as you can, and also acquiring the things you need to survive. Business does not need to be about cutting throats and hurting people and then saying "its nothing personal."

And the thing I don't understand is why you republicans dedicate your lives to fighting for large corporations and CEO's (instead of workers/yourselves.)

You supported GW Bush's tax cuts giving the lowest earning 20% of American workers 1% of the tax cuts, and giving the richest 1% of Americans 52% of the tax cuts.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Then you supported Mitt Romney to give large corporations $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts (and regular Americans nothing.)
https://thinkprogress.org/romneys-ec...s-52314de0d724

Now you support Trump's tax cuts giving the lowest earning 60% of American workers 13% of the tax cuts, and giving the richest 5% of Americans 51% of the tax cuts.
Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports

If you are a CEO or in the top 5% of income earners I can respect you for supporting republicans (because you get something out of it.)

But if your not why would you support republicans and supply side/trickle down economics (that does not give you crap and instead gives the money to the rich.)

Old 09-11-2016, 08:19 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,691 times
Quote:
LMAO. "making" it off the backs and labor of people they pay min wage while they sit in their ivory towers or on vacation in some foreign country or in one of their 3 or 4 vacation homes. No sympathy just absolute contempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies