Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Good freekin' god, who the hell cares cares? No one alive today was ever a slave or a slave owner. The only ones making an issue of this seem to be trying to use events from 150 years ago as an excuse for their own failings. And that includes the blubberer in the big white house.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I do believe that racism is a part of American culture and has been from the earliest beginnings of the country.

However, I also do feel that it has greatly diminished and especially, dramatically so in the past 50 years. It is amazing actually, to me, how much overt racism and institutional racism has dissipated.

I also do not believe that Obama caused any "increase" in racist thoughts. I especially don't think there has been a rise in racism of blacks against whites. Racism on all accounts IMO have decreased throughout the country. If you don't believe that, then you do not know much about the history of our country.
THAT I def agree with here ^^^

Old 09-14-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
No, you were actually doing the deflecting. That often happens when Black people get tired of being scrutinized, scandalized, and slandered every day, both blatantly and covertly. You've not proven to me or other Black people on this thread, let alone this country, that you aren't a bigot. I'll continue looking at you that way until you change within; not for me, but for yourself.
Tell your "brothers" to QUIT acting like hood rats, then. Their despicable kind make the KKK look like newbies when mass murder against Black people's being talked about.

It's pretty sad when even decent Black people get edgy around their kind. ^^^

Hell, you can call me a bigot till the end of time, and I really don't care all that much in 2016. I just laugh.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Personally, I'd rather be dead than be a slave. Freedom or Death.
Agreed.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Life is good.

Hmm well the Spanish introduced Oranges to the Americas and that can't be refuted either. What can be refuted is an idiotic narrative that Florida should pay royalties to Spain.

Just admit you are a race hustler and leave it at that.
Easy there. green_mariner ain't a race hustler IMHO. That poster's 1 of the calmer people here on CDF of ANY "race".

Old 09-14-2016, 03:54 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Easy there. green_mariner ain't a race hustler IMHO. That poster's 1 of the calmer people here on CDF of ANY "race".
If someone says what's good for blacks is good for me and that's all that matters, that's not a race hustling?

What do they call someone who says what is good for whites is good for me and that's all that matters. They're called racist, supremacist, Nazis and klansman.

Seems like a double standard.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:20 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Default comfort zones ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I seldom here anyone say they want separate schools either.
There was a story about a small town some where in the u.s. where every one living in the town was fine with that situation, 50 years after desegregation ... I remembered reading the story, but now, of course I can not find it. However, I did find something else equally interesting.

A little bit of history in context to separate schools:
"South Jersey's opposition to school integration wasn't simply a matter of recalcitrant or racist school districts and officials. Many black parents at the time preferred their children be taught by black teachers in separate schools.

"Much of the black support for school segregation came from Southern migrants who were more accustomed to segregation and were particularly fearful of mistreatment of their children by white teachers in mixed schools," Douglas said. "This isn't just a story of black folks wanting integrated schools and white folks not. It's a complex story."" Separate but average: Segregated South Jersey | NJ.com

Then more recent in time:
"Black people, on the other hand, have become integration weary. Most African Americans do not crave integration, although they support it. What seems to matter most to black people is not living in a well-integrated neighborhood but having the same access to the good things in life as everyone else. There is much evidence of an emerging “post–civil rights” attitude among black folks. We are ambivalent integrationists. In opinion polls, the majority of African Americans say that they would prefer to live in an integrated neighborhood; but for some of us integration now means a majority-black neighborhood— one where you are not overwhelmed by white people and where there are plenty of your own kind around to make you feel comfortable, supported, and welcome. Across America, wherever there is a sizeable black middle-class population, suburban black enclaves have cropped up that attest to the draw of this happy “we” feeling.

This is not separatism in the classic sense. Black people want the benefits of an integrated workplace; we want the public and private institutions that shape opportunity to be integrated. More fundamentally, we want the freedom to chart our course and pursue our dreams." https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...f-integration/

Old 09-14-2016, 04:24 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good freekin' god, who the hell cares cares? No one alive today was ever a slave or a slave owner. The only ones making an issue of this seem to be trying to use events from 150 years ago as an excuse for their own failings. And that includes the blubberer in the big white house.
So true!!!

And it's no different than those who scream "Black Lives Matter!!" while erroneously believing police officers are out to kill blacks.

IF they were truly concerned about blacks being killed they would do everything possible to stop their own race from killing each other. In major cities across the country blacks murder blacks nearly every night of the week. But do they mention those facts? Heck no, they sweep that under the carpet and scream injustice and racism so they can loot, riot, and burn stores and automobiles.

Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson get the activists all wired up and send them out into the streets.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:32 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama has said that racism is in America's DNA. Is it?
He got that mentality from his "hate Whitey" Black Liberation Theology church. Obama was thoroughly steeped in that mentality for over 20 years.

Reverend Wright, Obama's spiritual advisor of 20+ years, the Reverend of the Chicago Church Obama attended for 20+ years, in which he got married, and in which he had his daughters baptized, as recently as 2012 in a traditionally Black church in Washington, DC:
Quote:
"Take that baby, him or her away, from the African mother, away from the African community, away from the African experience ... and put them Africans over at the breasts of Yale, Harvard, University of Chicago ... UCLA or UC-Berkeley," he said. "Turn them into biscuits. Let them get that alien DNA all up inside their brain and they will turn on their own people in defense of the ones who are keeping their own people under oppression. Sheep dogs."

"There's white racist DNA running through the synapses of his or her brain tissue. They will kill their own kind ...defend the enemies of their kind, not anyone who is perceived to be the enemy of the milky white way of life."
Wright: We need control

I'm from Chicago. I know the pure hate that Obama, Wright, etc., embody. Many of us tried to warn about this. We were ignored, and called, of course... "racist."

Old 09-14-2016, 04:47 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Who created racism ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies