Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 02:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, apparently the Orange One hasn't done much thinking then, because the wall is about the only part of his fantasy that is firm; pretty much everything else he has said about the problem of illegal immigration is nebulous and ever-changing.
Another show of lack of maturity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 02:37 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,117,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Attempting to come up with solutions for illegal immigration is considered fearing brown people?

What is there to reform? People are allowed to immigrate here, it is just these people do not want to do it the legal way, they and their supporters think they are special for some reason.
The outrage over illegal immigration only because an issue in the first place because they are Hispanic. If they were all White people from Canada you can bet your life it wouldent even be an issue.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:03 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,872,751 times
I have lived in North Dakota and I have lived in Arizona.

Canadians come to North Dakota to go on shopping sprees, stay in expensive hotels and eat out. I notice how laid-back, polite and how good they drive also.

When they are done shopping, dining and staying at North Dakota hotels they go back to their beautiful, peaceful country.

A large segment of Mexicans come to Arizona to traffic in heroin and illicit substances. There are illegals from Mexico who cross the border and murder hard-working ranchers trying to make a living.

Last year in Mesa, a undocumented illegal alien shot and killed a young cashier who had his whole life ahead of him because he was not counting the illegals change fast enough.

The number of illegals crossing the border, trafficking in heroin into Arizona and living with relatives in 3rd world neighborhoods in West Phoenix and South Tucson is incredible.

I hope and pray we have a president who builds a beautiful, strong, high wall to keep them out. Hopefully, they find a way to keep as much of this illegal-Mexican riff-raff out as possible.

What Trump says about the illegals is exactly right but he left one thing out. The Mexicans and their trafficked-in heroin has created a huge crisis in this country.

Mr. Obama is as guilty for the heroin crisis because of his weak policies on illegal immigrants as Hillary Rodham Clinton is for Benghazi.

Many of the illegals in West Phoenix have pit-bulls and other big dogs that bark 24/7 guarding the trafficked in heroin.

Homicide rates in Mexico reach record levels under Pena Nieto - Business Insider

I hope they build a nice, tall wall to protect Americans from this war-zone country to the south. The homicides rates in Mexico are some of the highest in the world and are likely much higher because they can't even count them all.

There is a huge, huge difference between our peaceful, wonderful neighbors to the north and the country to the south which is a drug-infested warzone to the south.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 09-18-2016 at 03:11 PM..

Old 09-18-2016, 03:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Texas border residents bristle at Donald Trump's talk of new wall

Texas border residents have little good to say about the existing sections of Trump's Wall. They point out that there are 1000 miles of border to wall off - and that's if you accept the common thought that the other 1000 miles is not passable, anyway so there is no need to wall that off.

Mexicans call it "El Berlin". That will get worse if it is expanded, I think, and I am against an expansion of this useless enterprise. After all, it has stopped almost no one. Last year the Border Patrol captured 147,247 illegals. Double what it was in 2009.

The "Let em wait in line" crowd is uninformed; there is no line. The "send 'em all back" crowd is equally uninformed; they have not figured out a way to find illegals and local law enforcement are prevented from asking the question of citizenship.

FTR: I am a Johnson supporter, and believe that immigration rules and laws should be completely re-written.
Completely re-written, why? In what way? Or is he an "open borders" nut job?

The wall (or fence) was authorized by Congress many years ago. This isn't Trumps idea. He just intends to get it done.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:16 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,987 times
E-verify now!

Old 09-18-2016, 03:17 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,894,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Look at this Google Maps of the lower Rio Grande. It is a slow moving meandering river with many loops and oxbows.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/u.../data=!3m1!1e3

Where would you build the wall?

a) Right up against the river on every loop and cut off the fertile farmland from the water?

b) In the middle of the river?

c) A straighter wall across the top of the loops - cutting off farmers from their crops? Eminent domain - forcing farmers to "sell" and then let that land go to waste - a no man's land?
Until we can secure our borders this just may happen, but these areas should be free for locals to back and forth.

A far as the engineering aspects we will jut have to figure it out.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:19 PM

35,742 posts, read 21,110,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

Canadians come to North Dakota to go on shopping sprees, stay in expensive hotels and eat out. I notice how laid-back, polite and how good they drive also.

When they are done shopping, dining and staying at North Dakota hotels they go back to their beautiful, peaceful country.

A large segment of Mexicans come to Arizona to traffic in heroin and illicit substances. There are illegals from Mexico who cross the border and murder hard-working ranchers trying to make a living.

Last year in Mesa, a undocumented illegal alien shot and killed a young cashier who had his whole life ahead of him because he was not counting the illegals change fast enough.

The number of illegals crossing the border, trafficking in heroin into Arizona and living with relatives in 3rd world neighborhoods in West Phoenix and South Tucson is incredible.

I hope and pray we have a president who builds a beautiful, strong, high wall to keep them out. Hopefully, they find a way to keep as much of this illegal-Mexican riff-raff out as possible.

What Trump says about the illegals is exactly right but he left one thing out. The Mexicans and their trafficked-in heroin has created a huge crisis in this country.

Mr. Obama is as guilty for the heroin crisis because of his weak policies on illegal immigrants as Hillary Rodham Clinton is for Benghazi.

Many of the illegals in West Phoenix have pit-bulls and other big dogs that bark 24/7 guarding the trafficked in heroin.

Homicide rates in Mexico reach record levels under Pena Nieto - Business Insider

I hope they build a nice, tall wall to protect Americans from this war-zone country to the south. The homicides rates in Mexico are some of the highest in the world and are likely much higher because they can't even count them all.

There is a huge, huge difference between our peaceful, wonderful neighbors to the north and the country to the south which is a drug-infested warzone to the south.
Def a Trumpette, so many good things come out of Mexico compared to Canada, but some cannot find any- better read some history as to the numerous contributions that Mexico has made .... As for heroin, b Americans are the druggies - and if they sobered up, that criminal element would dry up.
Whetherit is good or evil not one people have a claim on it, and neither have boundaries.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:24 PM

25,608 posts, read 17,341,290 times
Quote:

I can understand your feelings. I really can. It is a ZOO down there!

But here's the thing:
We cannot identify the people living here illegally. Local police are simply not allowed to ask. It's ridiculous, but there it is. We know they are here; we suspect we know which ones they are; but we cannot ask.

The whole immigration issue needs to be redone. Almost everyone who comes into the country illegally would rather come in legally. They would rather wait until they were cleared and issued a Social Security number and had all the documents needed to go anywhere in the country in search of work. And if they have no luck they would rather go back home and try again some other time.
But the current system prevents all of that. Currently, they live out of sight and work scab jobs so that they can't be traced and pay no taxes.

So in my mind it is better than we (the USA) own up for our past mistakes, invent a worker visa program where background checks and passports and Social Security numbers are matched up, and take a mature step forward. What will happen is that we will get a lot of worthwhile people into the country and make taxpayers out of the ones who got in while we were asleep. Lawbreakers, those who sneak in....they go to jail.
If there is a legal way in people will take it.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I can understand your feelings. I really can. It is a ZOO down there!

But here's the thing:
We cannot identify the people living here illegally. Local police are simply not allowed to ask. It's ridiculous, but there it is. We know they are here; we suspect we know which ones they are; but we cannot ask.

The whole immigration issue needs to be redone. Almost everyone who comes into the country illegally would rather come in legally. They would rather wait until they were cleared and issued a Social Security number and had all the documents needed to go anywhere in the country in search of work. And if they have no luck they would rather go back home and try again some other time.
But the current system prevents all of that. Currently, they live out of sight and work scab jobs so that they can't be traced and pay no taxes.

So in my mind it is better than we (the USA) own up for our past mistakes, invent a worker visa program where background checks and passports and Social Security numbers are matched up, and take a mature step forward. What will happen is that we will get a lot of worthwhile people into the country and make taxpayers out of the ones who got in while we were asleep. Lawbreakers, those who sneak in....they go to jail.
If there is a legal way in people will take it.
Yea its call a Passport and Visa

Old 09-18-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:

Very Good Points and it come right down to Secure the border and enforce all laws, which would be a good start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies