Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 10:02 AM

78 posts, read 88,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can hold it on the sidewalk. NYC paid some hefty settlements for their illegal actions in stopping the OWS protests.

Do teachers protest at schools when they go on strike? They are not required to get permission to do this.

I held a protest on a public road. I did inform the local Sheriff just so he would be aware but no permit was needed.

Protest slams store over K2 sales | News, Sports, Jobs - News and Sentinel

In Charlotte, any event that is going to block a street, lane, sidewalk, or street crossing requires a permit. However, if the protest will not block any of the above, a permit is not required BUT a "Picketing Notice" must be submitted to the CMPD to ensure that the city has adequate police resources available. Also, note that if amplified sound equipment is to be used (such as a bull horn), then an "Amplified Sound Permit" must be requested.

With that said, I'm not sure if the event actually required a permit because I don't know if the peaceful protest it started out as blocked any streets.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Look at how the story is designed to mislead: It could say "fatal shooting by a black man", but it doesn't because the purpose is not to convey information. The purpose is to incite racial hatred by blacks against whites.
you couldn't be more correct!!! Thank you!

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am struck by how differently things are going in Tulsa versus Charlotte. Tulsa is arguably a much more egregious violation - even outright murder but things are overall peaceful. The difference seems to be that the authorities in Tulsa have been open about what happened while Charlotte, even today, appears to be covering up for their police under the old protection of the evidence ruse. When people see the brutality of the police all people both white and of color come together in disgust and demand a full accounting. The community unites and empathy takes over. When the local authorities circle the wagons, it simply fuels anger.
you said.... "the old protection of the evidence ruse"

Really, so the cop should automatically be convicted just because the guy who was shot is black? wow.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:06 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
If the police want the rioters on the ground maybe they should play the national anthem over their PA system.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Even without a permit.....I am educated.
Not with that response, you clearly are not educated, or not able to comprehend what I posted.

So, you agree that you are wrong....that you do need a permit in NC and if you don't have one, what do you have to do to be legal? I gave you the answer, will you admit you're wrong?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:10 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lezgibson View Post
In Charlotte, any event that is going to block a street, lane, sidewalk, or street crossing requires a permit. However, if the protest will not block any of the above, a permit is not required BUT a "Picketing Notice" must be submitted to the CMPD to ensure that the city has adequate police resources available. Also, note that if amplified sound equipment is to be used (such as a bull horn), then an "Amplified Sound Permit" must be requested.

With that said, I'm not sure if the event actually required a permit because I don't know if the peaceful protest it started out as blocked any streets.
More info in post 404.....they are in violation...

Quote:
Q. If organizers have not obtained a permit, where can a march take place?
A. If marchers stay on the sidewalks and obey traffic and pedestrian signals, their activity is constitutionally protected even without a permit. Marchers may be required to allow enough space on the sidewalk for normal pedestrian traffic and may not maliciously obstruct or detain passers-by.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Unclear in that you don't understand the question or unclear as to how you draw the line?
I posted the link.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezgibson View Post
You do not have to inform anyone. Protests can be spur of the moment random things. Places can enforce noise ordinance's.

Places have enacted laws but they are legally worthless.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not with that response, you clearly are not educated, or not able to comprehend what I posted.
I quoted from your post.

"Even without a permit".....

Old 09-22-2016, 10:18 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
I posted the link.

What link? Please refer to your post number where the link is or explain your thoughts on how police should determine if use of force is appropriate when faced with someone holding a gun. You seem, in many posts, to be saying that police should not act when someone has a gun because they are then infringing on the person's Constitutional Right to bear arms. So if that's truly your view, when confronted with someone waving a gun around the police should just walk away. Now if the person starts shooting others, I assume you'd be OK with the police acting at that point. Right?

You keep refusing to answer a direct question and hiding behind cryptic posts like "unclear". BTW, if the link is to some website, not really interested. I want to hear your take on how you believe police should draw the line not something from some website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies