Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 07:39 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can watch it however you want. The officers lied.
I don't know why you can't see it. It's plain as day he was advancing towards the squad car and reaching for the gun in his waistband. That's when the police shot him. (Tamir Rice)

Old 09-25-2016, 09:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't know why you can't see it. It's plain as day he was advancing towards the squad car and reaching for the gun in his waistband. That's when the police shot him. (Tamir Rice)
He didn't even have time to do all of that before he was shot. If it was a legit shooting the officers wouldn't have felt a need to lie about it.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:56 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
He didn't even have time to do all of that before he was shot.
Apparently, he did because you can clearly see him doing so in the video: walking towards the squad car and reaching for the weapon in his waistband.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:32 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The holster is clearly visible on his ankle with the pants leg pulled up to reveal it. The police recovered the gun with DNA & blood and the holster at the scene.

Ankle Holster Clearly Visible As Police Release Keith Scott Shooting Video

Charlotte police are releasing body camera and dash camera video of the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, a convicted felon who was shot and killed by Officer Brentley Vinson after Scott was told by police to drop his handgun 11 times in 45 seconds.

I think we can all agree that you will believe what you choose, but we have the right to believe what we see.

His pants leg is rolled up but you can distinguish that is a holster???

This is the dashboard camera, looks like he bent over because he was shot. The police indicated he had a gun visible on their first visit so he would have had to place it back in his ankle holster before their second visit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us...ith-scott.html

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-26-2016 at 06:55 AM..

Old 09-26-2016, 06:36 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His pants leg is rolled up but you can distinguish that is a holster.

This is the dashboard camera, looks like he bent over because he was shot. The police indicated he had a gun visible on their first visit so he would have had to place it back in his ankle holster before their second visit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us...ith-scott.html
My feeling is that it might not be rolled up. He could have simply pulled up his pant leg to grab his gun and his pants went back down behind the holster and therefore the holster was clearly visible.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
He didn't even have time to do all of that before he was shot. If it was a legit shooting the officers wouldn't have felt a need to lie about it.
He had time, and the officers didn't lie.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:59 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My feeling is that it might not be rolled up. He could have simply pulled up his pant leg to grab his gun and his pants went back down behind the holster and therefore the holster was clearly visible.
I can't tell if that is a holster and his being shot coincides with bending over. If the officers saw the gun on his lap then he would have had to place it back in the holster (if that is a holster) before their second visit, not beyond the realm but strange.

This is a great commercial against open carry if he has a gun as stated by police.

Why haven't we seen a copy of the police statements?

Old 09-26-2016, 07:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

This is a great commercial against open carry if he has a gun as stated by police.
Nope

Convected felons are not allowed to possess guns.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He had time, and the officers didn't lie.
Not only did he lie, it wasn't the first time.

Cop who shot Tamir Rice had 'dismal' gun skills at last job - NY Daily News

Old 09-26-2016, 07:09 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
I can't tell if that is a holster and his being shot coincides with bending over. If the officers saw the gun on his lap then he would have had to place it back in the holster (if that is a holster) before their second visit, not beyond the realm but strange.

Why haven't we seen a copy of the police statements?
I'd like to see more info on the gun. As has already been noted it was in firing mode (hammer cocked and safety off) when the photo was taken. But was there a round in the chamber? I would assume so since the hammer was cocked. How many rounds in the magazine? What was the caliber? Make, model, etc.? Releasing these details would give the police version more credibility. Not that I think it's likely that the Charlotte police planted the gun. Not with the entire country following this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies