Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 02:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Can you explain it?
Sure--it's not rocket science. If the sanctions on Russia are lifted, Trump gets richer. He has stated he very well may lift the sanctions.

He would be richer now, had sanctions not been put on Russia.

You see no conflict of interest?

And this is only one example. Trump is tied to people all over the globe. He is the consummate globalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 03:20 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I understand that what I saw was a total smear based on nothing but bs and you people are falling all over yourselves in agreement. Have you gone back and looked at it again? It's fluff, a political hit piece from ABC

Unfortunately, if some of these posts are any indication, the hillaryminions believe that the Clintons are as pure as the driven snow, and motivated solely by love and concern for their fellow man. All that evidence about the Clintons' ongoing corruption is just part of that "vast right wing conspiracy"Hillary whined about in the 1990's, or so they have been told to believe. To them, if a piece goes along with this perspective, it must be true, and they can only see the fluff and bs in a piece that goes against their narrative.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:26 PM

247 posts, read 196,798 times
This story is such a BS hit job and pretty much fluff. A man of Trump's success is going to have business interests everywhere. The important thing is that he will have the integrity to not let any of those interests come before leading our great nation out of the pit that Obama has thrust us in, and I am confident he is the best option of the two to accomplish that.

Besides,

1. ABC supports Hillary, and so do the rest of the MSM.
2. Hillary had a secret server and should be barred from ever having security clearance again.
3. Hillary lies about almost all things.
4. Hillary is ill, probably dying, and definitely unfit to be president.
5. The system is rigged against Trump, and the most powerful factions of the world are attempting to prevent his victory in the election.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM

247 posts, read 196,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sure--it's not rocket science. If the sanctions on Russia are lifted, Trump gets richer. He has stated he very well may lift the sanctions.

And this is only one example. Trump is tied to people all over the globe. He is the consummate globalist.
A convenient way to suggest he should not be president. Too bad your candidate has almost zero redeeming qualities on which to stand and campaign. Instead, she stays in virtual hiding, getting who knows what treatment to help her survive until the election, and has all of her minions doing anything and everything they can to keep her from LOSING. Sad, when your only strategy is to try not to lose. A pathetic attribute to add to the rest of disgraceful qualities she has.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:41 PM

23,986 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Unfortunately, if some of these posts are any indication, the hillaryminions believe that the Clintons are as pure as the driven snow, and motivated solely by love and concern for their fellow man. All that evidence about the Clintons' ongoing corruption is just part of that "vast right wing conspiracy"Hillary whined about in the 1990's, or so they have been told to believe. To them, if a piece goes along with this perspective, it must be true, and they can only see the fluff and bs in a piece that goes against their narrative.
I know exactly what Hillary did and didn't do. Been following this crap for years because my lifelong hobby is urban rumor.

I do not like Hillary. I am still pissed that she went on 60 Minutes and told the world there had been problems in her marriage but, things were resolved. I did not think she has any business running the first time.

The e mail server was a problem of stupidity from the start. She knew she was running again. If managing cell phones and laptops was too much trouble, she could have hired somebody to walk 2 steps behind her and transmit messages for her. That said, NOBODY in the USA government oversees this chit. If the congress wants it, they should provide a person who can be held responsible. Obama is the one who made the rule about email after Karl Rove flushed millions after the congress had asked for them. All things saved is through the Archives and they want a paper copy. The government instruction is to take a hammer to obsolete electronics.

Benghazi is BS and everybody in government knows it. They just cannot talk about it. That is how the Rs are getting by with all these hearings.

I voted for Bernie and intended to sit out this election. But, when the Rs nominated Trump I started paying attention. He's playing the long con. His supporters are mostly everything they accuse the Hlllary tribe of being.

Reading the comments on CD from the Trump folks has convinced me that i have a civic duty to vote for Billary.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:45 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam 2016 View Post
This story is such a BS hit job and pretty much fluff.
If all we had is this ABC story I would agree, it's light on facts and has fluff -- except for one critical piece: The testimony of Sergei Millian, President of the Russian-American Chamber of Commerce, who said in the video that Trump has "hundreds of millions of dollars" worth of business in Russia. This contradicts what Trump says, who claims no investments in Russia.

Now consider Trump's choice of Paul Manafort and Carter Page to serve on his staff. Both lived for years in Russia and the Ukraine. Manafort was paid $12.7 million to help prop up Ukraine's pro-Russia president. Page spent years developing energy there.

Connect the dots people. The Trump empire is very deep in Russia and there's no way Trump can represent the interests of the United States as President when he has so much business on the line.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:30 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Connect the dots people. The Trump empire is very deep in Russia and there's no way Trump can represent the interests of the United States as President when he has so much business on the line.
I have a better idea. Start Googling Trump's business interests in Russia and see what you get. There is a lot of spin, innuendo and manufactured news stories from WaPo, HuffPo, Salon, NBC, Vox, The Daily Beast...and what do they all have in common? They are all pulling for Hillary.

What you don't get when you Google Trump's business interests in Russia are any of the respected business news organizations such as the WSJ discussing the "Trump empire very deep in Russia".

In fact you get stories such as this from the business magazine Fortune - Donald Trump's Long, Fruitless Quest for Business in Russia

Or The Economist - "Mr Trump’s business interests in Russia amount to little, though not for want of trying: his multiple attempts to crack the Moscow property market, beginning with a trip to the Soviet Union in 1987, all fell through. If anything, this suggests a lack of well-placed Kremlin connections rather than the opposite. His most successful venture involved bringing the Miss Universe pageant to Moscow in 2013. While Mr Trump hoped Mr Putin would attend—tweeting “Will he become my new best friend?”—the Russian president never made it." Brazen meddling | The Economist

So who are we supposed to believe? George Stephanopoulos, Hillary's hit-man at ABC, or respected business magazines who use real reporters and who's lifeblood is the world's business and it's inhabitants.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:43 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
ABC and Clinton donor stephanapolis are turning desperate. Hit jobs and fluffed polls to try to keep fainting Hillary afloat. What about Hillary and Russia? Millions of dollars went into her account after Russia obtained uranium one. What a joke

Old 09-22-2016, 05:17 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Benghazi is BS and everybody in government knows it. They just cannot talk about it. That is how the Rs are getting by with all these hearings.

I voted for Bernie and intended to sit out this election. But, when the Rs nominated Trump I started paying attention. He's playing the long con. His supporters are mostly everything they accuse the Hlllary tribe of being.

Reading the comments on CD from the Trump folks has convinced me that i have a civic duty to vote for Billary.

Follow the money and it soon becomes apparent Trump is playing the long con.

In the short con, the mark eventually realizes that he has been had.

The long con is more involved and often the mark never realizes he's been conned. He assumes that forces beyond his control came together to defeat him.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

What investments does Trump have in Russia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies