Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 01:40 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...I noticed that too.

At least three black people in this thread, including me, have acknowledged the difference.

So what fear are you talking about? Fear isn't what's at work here. But I know exactly what is. You do too.

But now that we have the acknowledgement and confirmations, where do we go from here? Tell us?

And don't drop a load of disengenous b.s. either.
They probably think that we are too genetically inferior to understand what their talking about.

Funny thing is as far as I know the smartest whites have been the least racist, Shakespeare (wrote a play with a black protagonist), Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci etcetera or at least if they were they didn't constantly try to insert race into their work. Even Darwin said next to nothing about how this proved his race was superior and was all about birds himself (correct me if I'm wrong).

Old 09-25-2016, 01:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
This study and this thread help to dispel the myth that all humans are genetically the same. That's it. You say you already believed in genetic differences between human populations. That's nice. Eat another cookie.
Ahhhhh...sorry that I disappointed you.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:45 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In humans intelligence, before the welfare state, matters.
If the Amerindians were quite smart, they were still doomed because of their immune systems. Did they die off because they were stupid? The Finns are quite smart. Their populations were at crisis levels a few times in recorded history. Are cockroaches smart?

Quote:
Neanderthals had bigger teeth and more muscle and were more acclimated to cold. The dumb brutes still all died off. A few rapists left their genes behind.
Yeah the Mammoths were more acclimated to the cold, a big advantage during an ice age. Not so much during a warm period.

Why do you think intelligence is all it takes? A lot human progress only has intelligence as an ingredient. Without humans being social, most of it would be lost.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 09-25-2016 at 02:03 PM..

Old 09-25-2016, 02:01 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Humanity, as it were, could all be one big historic fluke. Good thing we have social insects like Hymenoptera that show similar patterns.

Races of Honey Bees in North America, Beekeeping, Bees
There are several popular races of honey bees raised in North American for honey. There are others around the world but we will just talk about the ones that are here. I will preface this with this observation. I have not seen dramatic differences in the races of bees. They all do well when managed well. They all do poorly when they are not managed well. The differences noted are slight. When a race is mentioned as "swarmy", keep in mind that all bees swarm if crowded. A "swarmy" race is just a little more prone, not a lot more prone to swarm. Differences of individual colonies is often greater than the generalizations mentioned here. Another example is a race that is known for being gentle may not be any more gentle than any other gentle hive of some other race, but are less likely to have a hot one.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
This is cool and all, but who's really gonna care? Well, from my research, only 2 people besides anthropologists will care: those trying to justify their anti-blackness, and those trying to justify their Asian and non-African Latina fetishes, the 2 types of women that alt-right white men go after as "substitute whites" because white women are "too free" and "butchy feminists"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This isn't really surprising at all if you know about evolutionary bottlenecks, except I'm not really sure you can break them down into two groups. The DNA found in non-Africans can also be found in African populations, but there's just a lot more genetic diversity there.

I'd bet you'd find that all Native Americans have DNA from a small group of Northeast Asian people as well.
Well, in my case, my non-white genome is spread from Mongolia to Japan to Kamatchaka.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
They probably think that we are too genetically inferior to understand what their talking about.

Funny thing is as far as I know the smartest whites have been the least racist, Shakespeare (wrote a play with a black protagonist), Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci etcetera or at least if they were they didn't constantly try to insert race into their work. Even Darwin said next to nothing about how this proved his race was superior and was all about birds himself (correct me if I'm wrong).
You know how it is...he'll carry a copy of this study in his pocket.

Then he'll pick an argument with some black dude about something racial. Then, when the brother inevitably says "hey brother, it's cool...we're all the same," this guy will scream "no we aren't...I'm superior," then he'll pull the study out to prove his point.

The guy needs to have his ego stroked about how superior he is genetically. So hey, let him have it.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:10 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Humanity, as it were, could all be one big historic fluke. Good thing we have social insects like Hymenoptera that show similar patterns.

There are several popular races of honey bees raised in North American for honey. There are others around the world but we will just talk about the ones that are here. I will preface this with this observation. I have not seen dramatic differences in the races of bees. They all do well when managed well. They all do poorly when they are not managed well. The differences noted are slight. When a race is mentioned as "swarmy", keep in mind that all bees swarm if crowded. A "swarmy" race is just a little more prone, not a lot more prone to swarm. Differences of individual colonies is often greater than the generalizations mentioned here. Another example is a race that is known for being gentle may not be any more gentle than any other gentle hive of some other race, but are less likely to have a hot one.

Exactly while you can make broad generations about a race, culture isn't based on race it is based more on ethnic group and even then their are differences between urban and rural and different regions said ethnic group might live in.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Humans are absolutely a fluke. A fluke with just as much right to be here as any other species, but a fluke just the same.

Soon enough, we're gonna find out just how well the Earth can get by without us.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Neanderthals and homo sapiens are separate species. Many species do interbreed with one another, like the wolf and coyote and polar bears and brown bears. The inability to interbreed is not a strict rule for separate species classification, but more a general rule of thumb. Neanderthals and homo sapiens had lower inter-fertility and genetic compatibility than would be expected from members of the same species. This is one reason that Neanderthals are classified as a different species from homo sapiens.

Modern human genomes reveal our inner Neanderthal : Nature News & Comment
If you argue that Neanderthals are a different species, and not just a different race and subspecies, that produced fertile offspring when mating with anatomically modern Eurasians, then you could argue that Africans and non-Africans are different species. The separation time is almost as long. Or put another way Neanderthal were not much more diverged in time from other human groups than they were from each other..

Old 09-25-2016, 02:19 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
It's laughable that armchair anthropologists (I have my BA in this) think what Homo sapiens were doing 200,000 years ago should dictate politics in 21 century America. We don't have two groups of humans we have one group, or otherwise we could not mate and produce viable offspring. Meat eating has also been linked to brain size and intelligence, which could explain the rapid intellectual development of Neanderthals and other humans from Europe. And the details of the out-of-African migration have still not been filled in. The science is not settled on whether groups simultaneously headed for Europe and Asia, or whether they later spread into Europe from Asia instead of Africa. Also, the allele (you armchair anthropologists can look that up) that controls for skin color is the same in Africans and Asians but different in Europeans. So when you people with obvious political agendas look to cherry pick data, you run into other things that go against your beliefs.

Genetic Study Reveals Similarities between Diverse Populations - Scientific American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies