Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 11:34 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe where you or some people lived but there was no murder or crack in any of the white neighborhoods I lived in back then. There was still a lot more economic opportunity then and stronger sense of culture.
There was crack in white neighborhoods. Not as many as in black neighborhoods, but it was there. And there are still a lot more jobs now than there were then, and salaries have never been higher. The information age has given people way more opportunities that simply didn't exist back then. I could care less about culture, but I do care about money. And there is way more money to be made now than there was back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 11:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
There was crack in white neighborhoods. Not as many as in black neighborhoods, but it was there. And there are still a lot more jobs now than there were then, and salaries have never been higher. The information age has given people way more opportunities that simply didn't exist back then. I could care less about culture, but I do care about money. And there is way more money to be made now than there was back then.
I don't where in the world you get the idea there are more jobs and higher pay today. Every source I've seen says wages have stagnated and fallen the last 30-40 years, unemployment is high and there were way more job even 20 or 30 years ago.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinGuitar View Post
Lots of white male hate in this thread. Doesn't bother me much though, I love the standard of living we take for granted every day. I refuse to feel guilty for anything.
Lol...who asked you to feel guilty?

Methinks you're flattering yourself WAY too much.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:53 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...who asked you to feel guilty?

Methinks you're flattering yourself WAY too much.
Certain posters on this forum have an addiction to being victims and also have a persecution complex. These people have Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:13 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Were you even an adult in the 80's?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't where in the world you get the idea there are more jobs and higher pay today. Every source I've seen says wages have stagnated and fallen the last 30-40 years, unemployment is high and there were way more job even 20 or 30 years ago.
Unemployment is high, but that doesn't mean there are no jobs. people just aren't qualified for the jobs that are out there right now. That's a big difference.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Were you even an adult in the 80's?
I don't see how that question is relevant.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:21 AM

45,350 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
I don't see how that question is relevant.
It's relevant because you have posted some, charitably, inaccuracies. Which have been partially corrected by someone else.

The impression is that you are parroting what someone has told you without you having checked the information.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:59 AM

62,900 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Listen to Trump's blatherings - he's the voice of old white America - the bigotry and xenophobia are still there. Archie Bunker lives.

Ridiculous and false remarks. Typical of a lefty.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:19 AM

62,900 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
40 years ago this was a better country. The hippies and druggies of the 70s were confined to cities and colleges so most people did not see their antics. Regular mainstreet America still reigned, people went to church, they worked, got married and lived normal American lives.

While birth control is a good thing, out of wedlock pregnancy should be shameful and the draft is necessary in a time of war. Mothers not working?? yea that is a good thing, keeping the same job for 40 years yea that's good too.

I was a child in the 70s and I remember how much simpler life was, I remember that doors were left unlocked and strangers were not something we feared as much. It seems like our twisted morally deprived world we live in today began to take shape in the 90s, and it progressed from there. PC culture, special snowflakes and safe zones, just look at what our nation has become. Yes this nation was still America 40 years ago, today we are a shadow of what America was. It is only a matter of time before we are done for.

I totally agree and we weren't living in fear of radical Muslims and jobs were open to Americans not illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies