Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:01 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The point is why use the adjective black? How does that make the joke any funnier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You can tell whatever jokes you want. You can use racial slurs if ya wish. It don't bother me. Do not expect it not to bother others.

The fact is black in that joke is a useless adjective.

If people don't like some of the things I say that's their problem.
Apparently it DOES bother you or you wouldn't be acting like such a drama queen by complaining about it. All you are doing is proving the OP's post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 12:06 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,572,797 times
As a latino male, I find jokes about my race hilarious. Why?....because most of them are stereotypical jokes that are true! LOL Same goes for many other races but blacks seem to take offense about jokes against them. UNLESS it's coming from a fellow black!

People nowadays take every little thing waaaaay to seriously!

Old 09-30-2016, 12:09 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,072 times
Social media and the ability for everybody to have a written response on view is more often taken advantage of by those who want to dictate what is socially acceptable these days.

This thread is a pretty good example.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Identity jokes have been around since laughter.

Time to get triggered!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Qao3A4yU4

Old 09-30-2016, 12:10 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I was yesterday because I said Black Welfare recipient...
What I should of said is How do you keep a welfare recipient in suspense?
Hide his welfare check under his work boots!
Much funnier with BLACK added! Does that make me 'racist'? I DON'T GIVE A DAM! See, the word racist no longer means anything to me. It has been so overused and abused by liberals, media and groups like BLM and NAACP, that it has lost it's power. Call me racist? You may as well call me Buddy. It's just a word.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:10 PM

23,539 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Quote:
Where is the fun? Where is the laughter? Can we not laugh at ourselves?
There is so much fear of causing an emotional trigger, we can no longer joke around and laugh, without our virtue being checked.

What the hell happened to this nation, where all these hurt feelings are triggered by trying to get a laugh.
All this social justice warriors, are humorless. There chit is funny, but no one else can get hateful to make a joke but them in a one sided laughfest.

People and especially comedians are walking on eggshells. George Carlin is friggin saying I told you so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhUivqzWv0
social justice moneymakers get hired to go around corporations whose business involves federal agencies, like pharma, and demand ZERO TOLERANCE of any jokes that guys might share with each other, etc.

their fear is the slippery slope, if you say something negative it will lead to more negativity and before you know it, telling an off color joke will make you a rapist.

Same theory as pot being a gateway drug.

Of course zero tolerance is simply a factory built to manufacture enemies where there are none. It defies human nature and sets a goal no one can honestly reach.

It goes hand in hand that you can;t be offeneded unles someone teaches you haow to be offended. Just like teaching a kid to be repulsed by spiders, learned behavior, instiututionally taught.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:12 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
As a latino male, I find jokes about my race hilarious. Why?....because most of them are stereotypical jokes that are true! LOL Same goes for many other races but blacks seem to take offense about jokes against them. UNLESS it's coming from a fellow black!

People nowadays take every little thing waaaaay to seriously!
Exactly.

It is like the "n" word. Some blacks even use it in music. It is a word often heard coming from blacks. But heaven forbid a Latin, Asian or the evil white person uses it and it becomes the biggest issue known to the USA today.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 PM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Believe it or not, there used to be comedians know as insult comics. Don Rickels, for one, made a lot of money insulting every nationality and religion.

P.S. George Carlin is dead.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,741 times
Hell you can't even say Man or Women on the campus of Michigan ... Mr. or Mrs. or Miss what about Ms.?
Wow we are really going down the tubes when PC rules over what sex we are or this transgender crap...you are what you are people get over it !

Old 09-30-2016, 12:28 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Where is the fun? Where is the laughter? Can we not laugh at ourselves?
There is so much fear of causing an emotional trigger, we can no longer joke around and laugh, without our virtue being checked.

What the hell happened to this nation, where all these hurt feelings are triggered by trying to get a laugh.
All this social justice warriors, are humorless. There chit is funny, but no one else can get hateful to make a joke but them in a one sided laughfest.

People and especially comedians are walking on eggshells. George Carlin is friggin saying I told you so.
Who's stopping you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies