Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 05:52 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,984,141 times

Advertisements

Excuses for this crap are mind boggling. Destroy evidence after they were reviewed? Why? Just add it to the list of WTF's in this "investigation".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 06:03 PM

8,641 posts, read 10,173,210 times
Of course, crickets from the left.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:03 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,959,037 times
It sounds like the Clinton camp basically went in and told the FBI what to do. We want complete immunity, all evidence destroyed, no looking at stuff past a certain date, no questions about this, this, this, and oh yeah, Comey run out and get us some doughnuts...chocolate icing with sprinkles.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:33 PM

The message has been sent loud and clear: Rules do not apply to the Democratic Party.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:00 PM

729 posts, read 430,209 times
I mean if there's nothing to hide, why destroy everything? Wasn't it just yoga and weddings they discussed?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:18 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,518,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Of course, crickets from the left.
What do you want to hear ?

Witch hunt. Rove. Comey's a Republican. Time to move on. Miss Piggy.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What do you want to hear ?

Witch hunt. Rove. Comey's a Republican. Time to move on. Miss Piggy.
No, but that is exactly what I expected to hear.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,378,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
No, but that is exactly what I expected to hear.

The RW smear simply has no legs or tractions. Of course that is what you would hear.

The FBI has no rational way to obtain those lap tops except if the owners cooperate. In order to get that the FBI had to deal. There other choice really would be to try and subpoena them from highly sophisticated lawyers with lots of resources.

The people involved are more than capable of safe guarding a couple of lap tops. That says the FBI has to go to court and get an order requiring them to produce the lap tops. The aides involved will fight the order and will likely be able to stay it and require appeals court rulings before it is resolved. The schedule is now into 2017. That says any view of the material is well after it could have any use. So the FBI makes the best deal it has available.

The RW of course finds this horrible. Just exactly as they would have had the FBI tried the court route and failed. So this way they at least got a look at the records. The other way they would have only been found wanting.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:49 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,984,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The RW smear simply has no legs or tractions. Of course that is what you would hear.

The FBI has no rational way to obtain those lap tops except if the owners cooperate. In order to get that the FBI had to deal. There other choice really would be to try and subpoena them from highly sophisticated lawyers with lots of resources.

The people involved are more than capable of safe guarding a couple of lap tops. That says the FBI has to go to court and get an order requiring them to produce the lap tops. The aides involved will fight the order and will likely be able to stay it and require appeals court rulings before it is resolved. The schedule is now into 2017. That says any view of the material is well after it could have any use. So the FBI makes the best deal it has available.

The RW of course finds this horrible. Just exactly as they would have had the FBI tried the court route and failed. So this way they at least got a look at the records. The other way they would have only been found wanting.
So basically you agree we are f'cked.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,378,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
So basically you agree we are f'cked.
I agree that chasing major figures over nonsense charges is generally a waste of time and energy.

Clinton was wrong to use the private server. It may have been convenient but was also dumb. If any indication that Clinton was operating a sophisticated scheme to escape FOIA or such I would change my view. But she was dumb seems to best explain the behavior. If it had been a sophisticated scheme done by the knowledgeable none of those records would have been recovered. Even after having been out of the business for 20 years I would be able to do that. A knowledgable and current person would have made sure there was not a trace.

In earlier posts I have pointed out her problem is not her direct behavior but her lack of understanding of the role of staff. They are the ones who make sure things like this do not happen. No Executive other than Bill Gates or Elon Mosk is smart nought to cover all aspects of the job. So the Executive must manage staff who does all that. I worked on a couple of high level staffs in the 80s. Executive VP levels in a Fortlune 100. Staffs were 20 to 100 and there were always a dozen who were quite powerful as they controlled access and actions of the great man. That is what she gets wrong...she needs people who cover her back so that she does not do dumb things. She does not do this as well as she should and got nailed by basically a nonsense violation of good practice. And I doubt very much she understood until it blew up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies