Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 08:19 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times

Advertisements

Last paragraph lost me. She knows what she is doing. She is smart. Smarter than Bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 08:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Last paragraph lost me. She knows what she is doing. She is smart. Smarter than Bill.
She may be brilliant. She knows squat about email and securing documents. Nothing unusual. I know a lot of things but I sucked at languages and organic chemistry.

And I think her worst shortcoming is this inability to establish and empower staff. My view is she likes ego builders (Azz Kissers in the less PC jargon) rather than subject authorities. She needs to fix that if she becomes President. Some of it is automatic...ie the Cabinet...but she still needs competent staff across a large range of disciplines. I am not sure she has the central staff to do that. -

Old 10-03-2016, 08:33 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
She may be brilliant. She knows squat about email and securing documents. Nothing unusual. I know a lot of things but I sucked at languages and organic chemistry.

And I think her worst shortcoming is this inability to establish and empower staff. My view is she likes ego builders (Azz Kissers in the less PC jargon) rather than subject authorities. She needs to fix that if she becomes President. Some of it is automatic...ie the Cabinet...but she still needs competent staff across a large range of disciplines. I am not sure she has the central staff to do that. -
You underestimate her.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
You underestimate her.
I certainly hope so. Or that she will discover the skills of delegation to the good people.

I would be more hopeful but the server was really pretty dumb...and easily avoided or even done well with malice. But she got to neither.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
The RW smear simply has no legs or tractions. Of course that is what you would hear.

The FBI has no rational way to obtain those lap tops except if the owners cooperate. In order to get that the FBI had to deal. There other choice really would be to try and subpoena them from highly sophisticated lawyers with lots of resources.

The people involved are more than capable of safe guarding a couple of lap tops. That says the FBI has to go to court and get an order requiring them to produce the lap tops. The aides involved will fight the order and will likely be able to stay it and require appeals court rulings before it is resolved. The schedule is now into 2017. That says any view of the material is well after it could have any use. So the FBI makes the best deal it has available.

The RW of course finds this horrible. Just exactly as they would have had the FBI tried the court route and failed. So this way they at least got a look at the records. The other way they would have only been found wanting.
The FBI has botched and thrown this entire investigation. There is absolutely no reason that a "side agreement" to destroy the laptops was needed. Mills claimed that the laptops contained non-relevant, privileged information. If this was true, why the need to destroy the laptops after the fact? Why did the FBI agree to a time-limit on viewing the laptops if, in fact, Mills and Samuelson were granted immunity? Immunity is granted to safeguard a suspect from liability, not from "supposed client lists" for lawyers who haven't practiced law in years.

Why was Cheryl Mills, being a principal subject of the same criminal investigation, allowed to counsel for Clinton and be present during Clinton's interview? She hasn't practiced law for years - Clinton's primary lawyers are from Williams & Connolly. Justice Department lawyers who attended and are bound by ethical rules and obligations did not even object to this! Why did the FBI allow Clinton's interview to be "voluntary" so that she could impose whatever conditions she wanted for the interview? Why didn't the FBI work in tandem with the Justice Department to authorize a grand jury subpoena for Clinton if she denied the interview without Mills instead of pretending that their hands were tied? Why was Comey and the FBI trying to "not make the case" rather than doing what they have done in any other major criminal investigation which is to attempt to "make the case"?

Why the confusion by Comey regarding the limited act of production immunity granted to Mills when there seems to be a discrepancy with Comey regarding exactly what act of production immunity is?

Among other things we haven't even touched on the destruction of devices, Mills pretending to play stupid about Clinton's homebrew server or anything surrounding Paul Combetta, BleachBit, and the disappearing Reddit posts way after the fact.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:59 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times
Quote:
I agree that chasing major figures over nonsense charges is generally a waste of time and energy.

Clinton was wrong to use the private server. It may have been convenient but was also dumb. If any indication that Clinton was operating a sophisticated scheme to escape FOIA or such I would change my view. But she was dumb seems to best explain the behavior. If it had been a sophisticated scheme done by the knowledgeable none of those records would have been recovered. Even after having been out of the business for 20 years I would be able to do that. A knowledgable and current person would have made sure there was not a trace.

In earlier posts I have pointed out her problem is not her direct behavior but her lack of understanding of the role of staff. They are the ones who make sure things like this do not happen. No Executive other than Bill Gates or Elon Mosk is smart nought to cover all aspects of the job. So the Executive must manage staff who does all that. I worked on a couple of high level staffs in the 80s. Executive VP levels in a Fortlune 100. Staffs were 20 to 100 and there were always a dozen who were quite powerful as they controlled access and actions of the great man. That is what she gets wrong...she needs people who cover her back so that she does not do dumb things. She does not do this as well as she should and got nailed by basically a nonsense violation of good practice. And I doubt very much she understood until it blew up.
The reason the country is in the terrible shape it's ins because of ignorant people such as this. I bet you really believe all of the nonsense your spouting off. Very, very sad, I feel sorry for you...

Old 10-03-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The reason the country is in the terrible shape it's ins because of ignorant people such as this. I bet you really believe all of the nonsense your spouting off. Very, very sad, I feel sorry for you...
Most of the RW does not understand any of this. A fine example.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:11 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
The laptops weren't all destroyed. I got one from an agent.
I'll sell it to you if the price is high enough...

(sarcasm button is on here)

Folks- If Trey Gowdy could no bust her on this, Hillary can't be busted. Give it up. Gowdy did after 2 years of obsession and $2 million wasted in his attempt. Everyone else is a rank amateur in comparison, so it ain't ever gonna stick now.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:54 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
A real sweetheart of a deal for all parties involved.
Its organized crime at its finest.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:36 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
In order to gain a search warrant the FBI would need probable cause of some sort of a crime. They do not have any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies