Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 02:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
"Majority rules" right? A truism that many whites have conveniently convinced themselves does not apply to the demographics of this country that lean heavily in their favor.

But I've learned that getting some whites to accept their privilege is like getting a spoiled child to realize they're spoiled. It won't dawn on them until they find themselves in a real world situation they aren't prepared for.
I'm not "white" and don't believe in majority rules or white privilege.

Social constructs propagated by the State have negative consequences universally but that doesn't mean you, as an individual, have to legitimize those same constructs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 02:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Let me explain "White Priviledge"-
1. As branh says it means you are treated as an Individual
That just it. Non-white groups do not generally want to be treated as individuals. We'd love to treat everyone as individuals and not protected identity groups. There is no privilege in being treated as an individual. Non-white identity groups want no part of being treated as individuals.

Quote:
2. It only applies in countries were the majority of people are white or their is a large wealthy white minority.
So is that why white countries and only white countries are intentionally being converted to non-white? Everyone is privileged in majority white western countries. That's why we can't keep non-whites from flooding in.

Quote:
3. No one says you have to be ashamed to be white just because white privilege exists.
Of course they're saying that and at least insinuating whites are racist and benefit from being so.

You just go on and on with white skin racism and I'm bored with it.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
2. It only applies in countries were the majority of people are white or their is a large wealthy white minority.
3. No one says you have to be ashamed to be white just because white privilege exists.
4. The best way is to send someone who doesn't believe in white privilege to another first world non-white country (Japan/ South Korea). You can't send them to a poor country because they often see white people as being all wealthy so whites get privilege anyways.
5. White privilege can also be called Majority privilege.
6. For example When I am in the Nigerian cities of Lagos and Ibadan I have the privilege of being "Yoruba", so people teach me as an individual because Yoruba's are the plurality (Lagos) or the majority (Ibadan) in these cities.
7. in Southern Nigeria- Nigeriens (from Niger) and Fulani people get heavily discriminated against just because they aren't Igbo or Yoruba. I do not have this problem as since I am Igbo/ Yoruba I can get treated as an individual since the majority of people around me are Yoruba and Igbo.
8. Port Harcourt the city I was born in is dominated by a small ethnic group and me being half-Yoruba just means I get grouped with the other Yorubas. Since Yorubas are a small minority in Port Harcourt though I don't get it as bad as Igbos who are a larger minority in that city.
I've heard some nasty stuff happening between different "Black" tribes in Africa, that would probably gag even a storm front fan. Like what happened in Rwanda about 20 years ago. The crazy part is all those people involved would be tagged as "Black" here in the US, by even American Blacks.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:46 PM

134 posts, read 73,854 times
White Privilege is living as a majority in the country your ancestors built.

Black Privilege is living as a majority in the country your ancestors built.

Asian Privilege is living as a majority in the country your ancestors built.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Probably global beauty standard

Example, my little nephew is a blonde boy with blue eyes, he has always been the center of attention and he is a child model. He looks nothing like "Asian" although he has a little bit Japanese blood in him. At school, many asian parents (and others) have given him a lot of compliment. I've never seen they did the same to other kids. (although other kids are equally adorable in my opinion. )
You're onto something there IMHO: it seems in many places light skin, especially with blond hair and blue eyes; "trumps" "Black" or "Asian" facial features with probably 99 percent of all storm front kind of white supremacists. My x fiance def had a "Black girl" face but, she def counted as anglo white.

https://goo.gl/images/zfS0eM

X fiance looked a LOT like this lady, but with snow white skin ^^^

Old 10-16-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryParks View Post
White Privilege is living as a majority in the country until ~1970 your ancestors built.

Black Privilege is living as a minority in the country whites built.

Asian Privilege is living as a minority in the country whites built.
I feel this is more accurate description of America. Just wait till whites are the minority and we might as well be the Jews in 1930s Nazi Germany.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You're onto something there IMHO: it seems in many places light skin, especially with blond hair and blue eyes; "trumps" "Black" or "Asian" facial features with probably 99 percent of all storm front kind of white supremacists. My x fiance def had a "Black girl" face but, she def counted as anglo white.

https://goo.gl/images/zfS0eM

X fiance looked a LOT like this lady, but with snow white skin ^^^
I challenge that white people care about blonde hair and eye color. No worries, natural blonde and blue eyes is becoming extinct in America and the West. About half of Americans had blue eyes in the early 20th century, now it is probably under 10% and dropping. If we could only do something to make pesky white skin extinct too, we'd have our globalist utopia .

I hope the Nytimes serves as not a white supremacist source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/18/wo...9975.html?_r=0

Quote:
What he will probably not have -- that his grandfather likely did -- is a pair of blue eyes.
Once a hallmark of the boy and girl next door, blue eyes have become increasingly rare among American children. Immigration patterns, intermarriage, and genetics all play a part in their steady decline. While the drop-off has been a century in the making, the plunge in the past few decades has taken place at a remarkable rate.
About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes, according to a 2002 Loyola University study in Chicago. By mid-century that number had dropped to a third. Today only about one 1 of every 6 Americans has blue eyes, said Mark Grant, the epidemiologist who conducted the study.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I challenge that white people care about blonde hair and eye color. No worries, natural blonde and blue eyes is becoming extinct in America and the West. About half of Americans had blue eyes in the early 20th century, now it is probably under 10% and dropping. If we could only do something to make pesky white skin extinct too, we'd have our globalist utopia .

I hope the Nytimes serves as not a white supremacist source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/18/wo...9975.html?_r=0
To be fair: the birthrate's dropping like a stone even with "races" that usually have brown eyes. Too; as more and more "mixed race" kids have children with blue eyed people, that eye color keeps popping back up. I say that cause of know several blue eyed people with 1 Asian or Black grandparent.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:57 PM

The studies and the article are clear, blue eyes are going bye bye, thanks to immigration in the 20th century. I watched the disappearance of blondes, blue eyes and whites proportionally in just the past couple decades.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:16 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
4. The best way is to send someone who doesn't believe in white privilege to another first world non-white country (Japan/ South Korea). You can't send them to a poor country because they often see white people as being all wealthy so whites get privilege anyways.
5. White privilege can also be called Majority privilege.
6. For example When I am in the Nigerian cities of Lagos and Ibadan I have the privilege of being "Yoruba", so people teach me as an individual because Yoruba's are the plurality (Lagos) or the majority (Ibadan) in these cities.
7. in Southern Nigeria- Nigeriens (from Niger) and Fulani people get heavily discriminated against just because they aren't Igbo or Yoruba. I do not have this problem as since I am Igbo/ Yoruba I can get treated as an individual since the majority of people around me are Yoruba and Igbo.
8. Port Harcourt the city I was born in is dominated by a small ethnic group and me being half-Yoruba just means I get grouped with the other Yorubas. Since Yorubas are a small minority in Port Harcourt though I don't get it as bad as Igbos who are a larger minority in that city.
I was actually not talking about being ashamed of being white. I was talking about whites having some guilt based on white privilege. As I have said, if white privilege is just racism perpetrated on blacks by some whites, then let's call it that and leave innocent white people out of it. If it is a vague psychological thing where blacks feel less welcome in the culture, then let's call it that, which is a problem with a kind of black demographic self-confidence. If it has to do with such things as bandaids being a lighter shade because of marketing, let's call it that. If we don't know what it is but we believe it must be out there somewhere, then let's be honest about that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies