Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 01:57 PM

20 posts, read 12,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
You probably won't die if you at Russian roulette, but why take the chance?
So can you point out the date that Obama took your guns away? I can't remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 01:58 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times

While I do believe most Muslims are more conservative on social issues (not so much economic) than liberals or even a lot of Christians, due to Islam being more Old Testament in the context of its own scriptures and religion, I don't like unjustly portraying all or most Muslims as psychopaths and people without empathy. This is false and wrong.

A problem can be a lack of a common sense issue. Relate it to Christianity and sympathizers of the Christian terrorist outfit the KKK.

If say... Paris were to invite in a lot of Christians from the US with KKK sympathies then Paris ought expect some sociological--and possibly criminal (such as race based hate crimes)--consequences. Likewise of Laris invites in by large numbers certain Muslims with cultural and deeply held beliefs that are not reconciable with French values today. They ought expect some consequences.

Personally, I would not put it past the US Government having knowingly, and with strategic intent, decided upon bringing in known sympathizes and members of Al Qaida and ISIS and even given them weapons to store in their American homes. Negotiating with them to be sleepers, and in the event factions of the US military rebel, organize a coup, and some US civilians follow them that they then are released on the civilian sections of the United States (who by then will have had more of their guns taken away by President Hillary Clinton) to regain order by fighting the US born militias supporting the military coup.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:59 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,841,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Somewhere there is a golden mean on immigration. Won't get it with Trump or Hillary.

Ignoring the hysteria...what benefit is there to allowing Syrian refugees in? We can argue the degree of risk but obviously there is some risk to allowing the refugees in. What is the offsetting benefit?
Birth rate in western countries has been falling so the fertile migrants will help with that. Middle easterns especially are very fertile & tend to have multiple kids. Our unhealthy lifestyle & fast foods killed fertility & the expensive healthcare is no help either. If I am being optimistic then I can say that the children born here will be more americanized, regardless of their heritage. I have seen that first hand with my family & social circle but I cannot generalize that. My cousins who are born here are very Americanized & reject any backward Indian mentality shoved at them. Kids spend more time in school so they will be westernized & parents cannot enforce strict rules or beat them up because of child services in our country. So look at refugees as surrogates for our kids. We dont care about the parent but we do want their kids to be American & we will make them part of our culture.

One loophole is homeschooling or religious schools so we need to make laws about them & make the kids go to public schools where they will be taught American history, culture & help them assimilate. Dont even bother changing the parents. Just focus on kids & mentor them into becoming like us.

Last edited by theluckygal; 10-19-2016 at 02:35 PM..

Old 10-19-2016, 02:02 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would say about 500 years of the Enlightenment which still did not prevent the 20th Century atrocities the holocaust the most infamous.
It is often said about the Holocaust "Never Forget". I think some people forget about that atrocity.

Other things that the Enlightenment never prevented.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero...maqua_genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porajmos
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopol...and_death_toll

Old 10-19-2016, 02:07 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC UES View Post
So can you point out the date that Obama took your guns away? I can't remember.
Huh? My point wasn't about guns. It was that there is only a small chance of refugees harming us but since the chance is higher than zero, why take the chance?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:11 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,002 times
No doubt, america is going to turn into a country where dozens of people are killed every day due to terror attacks, you won't be able to sit and hang out at coffee shops, movies or wherever it is you like to go and feel safe. Its a mess already and only going to get 50x worse if 'she' is elected.

Nobody using their heads though, we're too 'offended' by Miss Piggy.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:11 PM

137 posts, read 79,993 times
It's the Deutche German bank being in trouble we all should be worried about

Old 10-19-2016, 02:12 PM

20 posts, read 12,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Huh? My point wasn't about guns. It was that there is only a small chance of refugees harming us but since the chance is higher than zero, why take the chance?
My point was this same kind of paranoia was around prior to Obama becoming president. He's going to take your guns, he's going to put whites into slavery, he's going to make death camps for old people. None of that has happened. But if you all want to live you lives in perpetual fear go right ahead. It's hilarious.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:13 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
I will vote for who ever I want to vote for. I'm not voting for Trump. I will not vote for Clinton either. I have other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies