Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 06:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hilly already said-- bring it out put a flood light on it-- so all can know what you found--
That's the Saul Alinskii approach...attack the messenger and see what will stick to steer people away from the real subject.

That worked for years as Republicans were lame ducks buy now it is no longer working.

Different year. 2016 is making a difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 06:23 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That's the Saul Alinskii approach...attack the messenger and see what will stick to steer people away from the real subject.

That worked for years as Republicans were lame ducks buy now it is no longer working.

Different year. 2016 is making a difference!
There's no way you have any idea who Saul Alinsky is.

You think Alinsky's approach is to bring everything out into the light of day?

YOU know nothing. You can't even get your own side's narrative together, let alone get a grasp on Alinsky.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-31-2016 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-30-2016, 06:24 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Based on the testimony and/or answers to explain his reasoning behind his recommendation a while back, I would say he has to resign based on the wrong doings in the investigation.

If it was anybody her person she would be questioned under oath and lying to FBI is what put many people behind bars.
We are a Banana Republic.

Hillary is above the law as the party of political elites has vanquished the mirage of rule of law. You see the media attacking the messenger rather than dare discuss Hillary's faults.

He should resign or be sent to the gulags for daring to enforce laws on the elite.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:25 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
He's trying to save himself now after he realizes that TRUMP may very well be his new boss come January
There has been tremendous pressure on the FBI since Comey pulled what he did over the investigation of Hillary in the first place. He stood there and explained why she was guilty and yet finished by saying he didn't recommend trying to do anything about it.

He kind of pooped all over the reputation of the FBI by doing this and there is rightfully a lot of anger toward him.

BREAKING - FBI Agents Confirm THIS 'Secret Deal' in Hillary FBI Probe

Old 10-30-2016, 06:31 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
We are a Banana Republic.

Hillary is above the law as the party of political elites has vanquished the mirage of rule of law. You see the media attacking the messenger rather than dare discuss Hillary's faults.

He should resign or be sent to the gulags for daring to enforce laws on the elite.
You should visit a real "banana republic", so you understand the terms you are trying to exploit.

Your rhetoric is breathless hyperbole. And you are a hypocrite if you are singling out the Democrats as the "party of elites". BOTH parties are run by, and financed by elites. If you think any of this just started with Hillary, then you are dangerously naive.

I'm starting to understand why Hamilton distrusted the "mob" of democracy. You will bite off your own foot to save your leg.

Trump and his Cult are not revolutionary. They are reactionary. Study and learn the difference.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:32 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
CNN legal analyst Paul Callan believes that Comey has improperly inserted himself into the presidential election, and has violated FBI policy.

Even J. Edgar Hoover knew better!

"The decision to commence or terminate a criminal investigation by the FBI is rarely disclosed. In the case of high-profile political figures such as presidential candidates, the process normally requires that an FBI "recommendation" based on the evidence it has gathered must be forwarded to the Justice Department, where a career, nonpolitical unit reviews the matter, making a recommendation to the attorney general, who makes the final decision."

Callan: It's time for FBI director Comey to go - CNN.com

"CNN legal analyst Paul Callan believes that Comey has improperly inserted himself into the presidential election, and has violated FBI policy."

All of a sudden they are concerned with "breaking policy"

When Comey first came out and said he would NOT recommend prosecution Hillary the left went ga-ga, which was ALSO "breaking policy"

And what would the repubs be saying if AFTER the election that some information found on these emails DID prove hillary to have broken laws?

Comey is in a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Im just smart. I dont need talking points.
Right-wingernuts don't understand this concept. Breitbart Drudge Faux Newz is their source then they come running here to parrot them. For them to insult you like that is pure trolling.

I give Comey credit. He's supposed to be apolitical and has found himself between a rock and a hard place. I think he's honestly trying to be fair to both sides.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
The FBI must have more urgent matters than interfering in a controversial presidential election. Police brutality, the pipeline situation, regarding our Native Americans, fighting for all of us.

This is pure dirty politics and where is Obama? Those e-mails can be read and determined in a few hours. A director of the FBI, should be bi-partisan; even though he is a republican. This does have the scent of Watergate. Trump was right on that score. Did Trump know that it was the republicans that pulled that nasty trick for Nixon?

Have laws been broken, or is this an ethical question?
could you be asking this because you are on the side of Hillary? I don't see he did anything wrong and if it smells like Watergate, so what? Yes, of course there may be more important issues in your mind but at this time of year, with elections a few days away other issues are not going to be addressed or solved anyway. I, for one would like to know what is behind all the rumors about Clinton. I will add, I doubt this is going to influence the election

No, I do not think he has broken any laws or done anything wrong. Too bad this couldn't have come out a few months ago when there may have been time to get answers. Le me add, I think he has damaged he FBI at least temporarily but that does not mean he should resign.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:41 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hilly already said-- bring it out put a flood light on it-- so all can know what you found--
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Im just smart. I dont need talking points.
Quote:
There's no way you have any idea who Saul Alinsky is.

You think Alinsky's approach is to bring everything out into the light of day?

YOU know nothing. You can't even get your own side's narrative together, let alone get a grasp on Alinsky.
Quote:
You should visit a real "banana republic", so you understand the terms you are trying to exploit.

Your rhetoric is breathless hyperbole. And you are a hypocrite if you are singling out the Democrats as the "party of elites". BOTH parties are run by, and financed by elites. If you think any of this just started with Hillary, then you are dangerously naive.

I'm starting to understand why Hamilton distrusted the "mob" of democracy. You will bite off your own foot to save your leg.

Trump and his Cult are not revolutionary. They are reactionary. Study and learn the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Right-wingernuts don't understand this concept. Breitbart Drudge Faux Newz is their source then they come running here to parrot them. For them to insult you like that is pure trolling.

I give Comey credit. He's supposed to be apolitical and has found himself between a rock and a hard place. I think he's honestly trying to be fair to both sides.
These posts should tell anyone that Hillary is in deep doodoo.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-31-2016 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 06:43 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
He doesn't bring charges and the republicans complain and want him oustered and when he does bring charges the democrats complain and want him oustered. Hypocrites, much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies