Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:44 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Comedian Lee Camp told the truth when appearing on Fox and Friends as he laid into Fox (clip below), saying this about the network on air,

"It's just a parade of propaganda, isn't it? It's just a...festival of ignorance.

"A million people are dead in Iraq. Come on. This is ridiculous. What's the point of this?"

"This is insane," Camp continues. "Go out--leave your home. Go outside! Go hug your children! Love your family, you know? Do something with your life"

The Raw Story | Comedian Lee Camp: Fox News a 'festival of ignorance'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Comedian Lee Camp told the truth when appearing on Fox and Friends as he laid into Fox (clip below), saying this about the network on air,

"It's just a parade of propaganda, isn't it? It's just a...festival of ignorance.

"A million people are dead in Iraq. Come on. This is ridiculous. What's the point of this?"

"This is insane," Camp continues. "Go out--leave your home. Go outside! Go hug your children! Love your family, you know? Do something with your life"

The Raw Story | Comedian Lee Camp: Fox News a 'festival of ignorance'
Really, couldn't this apply to any of the media?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Really, couldn't this apply to any of the media?
Fox News, despite their bogus claim of being 'fair and balanced' is nothing but Republican propaganda, few dispute that.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Fox News, despite their bogus claim of being 'fair and balanced' is nothing but Republican propaganda, few dispute that.
I know. I've tried watching Fox News on Sat. mornings and instead found the opinion based programs far from fair and balanced. So many people are on the right much of the time they are only saying "Me, too", in so many words.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I know. I've tried watching Fox News on Sat. mornings and instead found the opinion based programs far from fair and balanced. So many people are on the right much of the time they are only saying "Me, too", in so many words.
I watch Fox occasionally, but mostly CNN - some MSNBC. I think it all depends who you are watching - for example, I think Wolf Blitzer tries to keep things balanced. Also, Tim Russert. But some of these guys - they have a bias. And not just on Fox.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:13 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
What do all of these people have in common?

Juan Williams
Susan Estrich
Geraldine Ferraro
Harold Ford Jr.
Alan Colmes
Lis Wiehl
Bob Beckel
Ellen Ratner
Ellis Henican
Mara Liasson
Mort Kondracke

Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Fox News is to America what Pravda (in Russian, the "Truth) was to the Soviet Union - the official outlet for government political propaganda.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think it all depends who you are watching - for example, I think Wolf Blitzer tries to keep things balanced.

Blitzer is a Jewish guy who kowtows to Israel's interests in the news.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:20 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Fox News is to America what Pravda (in Russian, the "Truth) was to the Soviet Union - the official outlet for government political propaganda.
I doubt that Bob Beckel has ever provided an outlet for ANY Republican. Your contention is absurd.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
What do all of these people have in common?

Juan Williams
Susan Estrich
Geraldine Ferraro
Harold Ford Jr.
Alan Colmes
Lis Wiehl
Bob Beckel
Ellen Ratner
Ellis Henican
Mara Liasson
Mort Kondracke
Some of them (not Kondracke) are whipping boys for the right wing personalities on Fox. Like the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. All designed to create an illusion of balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies