Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 11:08 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There was no illegal immigration problem 200 years ago. We have every right to complain about millions of illegal aliens here today sucking up our jobs, taxes and resources. It's ok with you though?
What's the difference between illegal immigrants and Ellis Island , etc. immigration when the US basically became Europe's dumping house? Did they not "take jobs away" from US citizens too?

Old 11-08-2016, 11:19 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What's the difference between illegal immigrants and Ellis Island , etc. immigration when the US basically became Europe's dumping house? Did they not "take jobs away" from US citizens too?
Ellis Island: word was many aliens coming through there were sent back HOME to Europe, even tho their kind did come here "legally'.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:21 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Default Nae haggis for thee, then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
So; you think it's a good thing that people who are AGAINST illegal immigration are dying off? That's a sneaky way of saying it's Ok for illegals to come here scot free.
Is that some kind o' slam @ the Highlanders?

Old 11-08-2016, 02:17 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Are you really this clueless? Back in the Ellis Island days we were a sparsely populated country with plenty of jobs and resources to go around. Not so today. Those who came through Ellis Island were not illegal aliens either. We had no welfare programs you either carried your own weight or you returned to your homeland and many of them did.

They weren't mostly of one ethnic/national group either so they assimilated into our society they didn't colonize as what is happening today.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:20 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
They had health inspections. Plus there was no welfare state back then (and I am including bilingual education in that). If you couldn't cut it you had to go back home, which a third of them did. Nobody goes home now. They just make more and more demands on the native populace to support them.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the 1880-1920 mass immigration but different racial mix that was more similar to the majority American stock, different median IQ, different cultures than latin America but mostly more similar to Anglo western, were legal and screened, different time with great demand for labor, different economy and no welfare, had to pay for a long voyage not just walk over like a bum, how were they and the situation not totally different?

Old 11-08-2016, 05:50 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, you really are a Trump supporter , you need to spin things your way no matter how big a lie it is.Again find the post I said I want people to die,you still haven't found the last one yet!

You said you couldn't wait for people with my mindset to die out. Post #133.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:01 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, you really are a Trump supporter...
I voted for Trump (and voted for all Democrats on the ballot except for the Presidency).

Not that I'm over joyed with Trump. But maybe he can save humanity from nuclear holocaust and stop this constant beefing with Russia and ridiculous demonizing of Putin.

I don't share Trump's views about Mexicans either, documented or undocumented. I prefer the Mexican immigrants, even the illegal ones, to almost all non-Latinos born and raised in the USA. Except maybe Arabs, including Muslim Arabs, I have little to no problem with them either.

So, maybe the anti-Trump people would have done better not stereotyping all people leaning towards Trump like the KKK stereotypes all black people.

Trump is right about how stupid it is to bring in so many Mexicans into the USA when the country struggles to provide jobs for the blacks, whites, and even Mexicans born here. But given I'm not patriotic I'd prefer tens of millions of more Mexicans flood into the USA. But if they don't flood in that does not harm me either.

The Mexicans that come here--my experience with them at least--is that they are a hard working people usually. They don't bother anyone and tend to be close to their families and they're just trying to build a better life for themselves and their kids. That's all. That includes the illegals (undocumented). I find the Mexican immigrants as bright as the Italian immigrants that came to the US before them.

Ergo, this Mexican (I presume but could be wrong) in the video who is successful at making wedding dresses. Headquartered in New Jersey but sells his wedding dresses across the country.

¡Adelante! Latest Episode

Quote:
Episode Description

[Original Airdate: September 27, 2016]

Fashion designer Angel Rivera is one of America's few Latinos working in wedding dress design, he shares with us his personal history and some of his collections. Legendary musician and former Artist in Residence for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Juan de Marcos Gonz'f¡lez shares his mission to raise the profile of Cuban music internationally. Artist and author Maribel Vargas de Moses talks about her book "Detri's Round Trip" as part of her work with Smiles International and their mission to offer surgery for children affected by cleft palate deformities.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=geCYQHx6UPU

Old 11-11-2016, 07:07 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You said you couldn't wait for people with my mindset to die out. Post #133.

Nope go back and reread it.

Better yet,

Post #133

"I am just very happy your way of thought is dying out,quickly." Again I will ask you where did I say I want anyone dead ?

Old 11-11-2016, 07:18 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I voted for Trump (and voted for all Democrats on the ballot except for the Presidency).

Not that I'm over joyed with Trump. But maybe he can save humanity from nuclear holocaust and stop this constant beefing with Russia and ridiculous demonizing of Putin.
Two things...

1) Donald Trump has no idea what the Nuclear Triad is,go to the first debate.That should scare the hell out of anyone that someone running for President does not know what that is.

2) Do you have any idea who Putin is or what he has done???He is A DEMON!

Here is a start.

10 Most Shocking Things Putin Is Responsible For - TheRichest

and then Trump does this.

Trump defended Putin last night re DNC hack, then criticized US - AMERICAblog News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies