Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:09 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times

Advertisements

2020 Rand Paul and Janice Rogers Brown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 10:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is this sort of like the (D)'s and (R)'s believing they can attack other countries and make them a better place?
The D's and R's are just using the same Machiavellian tactics which have ruled this entire world since the beginning of time. Imagine that Jesus himself had been the president of America since 1776. What would have happened? There wouldn't even be an America.

Jesus simply would not do the evil things that our government does on a daily basis. And had he not, the real rulers would have overthrown him, or had him assassinated, and lied to justify their evil actions and to cover their tracks.

Even if he had somehow maintained power, America would be much much much weaker than it is today, because he never would have allowed these usurer bankers to exploit the people, and to exploit the world, and start all these wars. Which, whether you like it or not, have made America rich and powerful.

Basically, had Jesus not done everything that was already done, he would have been destroyed, unless god himself intervened on his behalf(which he seems hesitant to do).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s

I'm not defending the D's and R's, who are nothing but scumbags, who deserve to burn in hell. All I'm actually saying is, there is nothing you can do. And if you would but open your eyes, you would see that nothing has ever been done. And to what extent you believe something has ever been done, it is built almost-entirely on myths which have no semblance of reality.

And who has created these myths, and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0qNAYJQWU

Quote:
So (R)'s are simply lying to us when they claim they want a smaller government? Those like Pelosi were doing nothing but lying to us when they claimed they were going to "clean the swamp"? Those are just lies?
Ronald Reagan once quipped, "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

What kind of person wants to be a politician? These aren't normal people. These are people who want to rule, to be admired, to be honored.

I remember someone once said that politics is just Hollywood for ugly people. And that is what it is. These people will say anything and do anything. Just as every girl singer/actor turns into a ***** to sell more albums/movies.

What does Hillary Clinton actually stand for? Absolutely nothing. What does Trump stand for? Absolutely nothing.

And should this surprise absolutely anyone?

Quote:
As opposed to the wrong people? Why even have elections? If this isn't a valid idea, it really doesn't matter then does it? Can I assume you are not going to vote so the "right person" gets elected?
My point is, if fixing the problem was as simple as you make it out to be, it would have been done a long time ago.

But tell me, when did any election actually change anything? Has voting ever accomplished anything? To a libertarian, the country was more-or-less perfect from the very beginning. And every election since has made the country worse.

Why? Was everyone before you an idiot? Did no one realize what was going on until you watched some youtube videos about the Federal Reserve, figured it all out, and started telling everyone about it on internet forums?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Libertarians should emigrate to all of those highly successful libertarian nations that exist in the world today.

There are many countries with low corruption, low crime, high standards of living, high educational achievement, and strong innovation that follow libertarian principles.

Do you even know why no libertarian countries exist?

Look at it like this, in the days of feudalism, there still weren't any libertarian nations. Was that because being a serf under a King was better than living in a libertarian form of government? Or is the true reason far more insidious?

The failure of libertarianism, is that it tends to produce weakness and disunion. And unlike what many libertarians want to believe, America was never a libertarian form of government.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:36 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The D's and R's are just using the same Machiavellian tactics which have ruled this entire world since the beginning of time. Imagine that Jesus himself had been the president of America since 1776. What would have happened? There wouldn't even be an America.

Jesus simply would not do the evil things that our government does on a daily basis. And had he not, the real rulers would have overthrown him, or had him assassinated, and lied to justify their evil actions and to cover their tracks.

Even if he had somehow maintained power, America would be much much much weaker than it is today, because he never would have allowed these usurer bankers to exploit the people, and to exploit the world, and start all these wars. Which, whether you like it or not, have made America rich and powerful.

Basically, had Jesus not done everything that was already done, he would have been destroyed, unless god himself intervened on his behalf(which he seems hesitant to do).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s

I'm not defending the D's and R's, who are nothing but scumbags, who deserve to burn in hell. All I'm actually saying is, there is nothing you can do. And if you would but open your eyes, you would see that nothing has ever been done. And to what extent you believe something has ever been done, it is built almost-entirely on myths which have no semblance of reality.

And who has created these myths, and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0qNAYJQWU

Ronald Reagan once quipped, "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

What kind of person wants to be a politician? These aren't normal people. These are people who want to rule, to be admired, to be honored.

I remember someone once said that politics is just Hollywood for ugly people. And that is what it is. These people will say anything and do anything. Just as every girl singer/actor turns into a ***** to sell more albums/movies.

What does Hillary Clinton actually stand for? Absolutely nothing. What does Trump stand for? Absolutely nothing.

And should this surprise absolutely anyone?

My point is, if fixing the problem was as simple as you make it out to be, it would have been done a long time ago.

But tell me, when did any election actually change anything? Has voting ever accomplished anything? To a libertarian, the country was more-or-less perfect from the very beginning. And every election since has made the country worse.

Why? Was everyone before you an idiot? Did no one realize what was going on until you watched some youtube videos about the Federal Reserve, figured it all out, and started telling everyone about it on internet forums?
I really see it like Lord of the Rings...

It's just one small thing that needs to be destroyed...the belief that some people have an exemption from morality (or however you want to phrase that). It's like you're up against these massive armies and powerful people, but it all hinges on one small thing - in the story, it's the ring. In real life, it's the belief in authority.

The whole story is such a great analogy, and I don't think that was an accident on Tolkien's part (he later said that he was leaning more and more toward anarchism). I especially like when Frodo tries to give Gandalf the ring and he says something like "don't tempt me Frodo. I would take it with the intention to do good", but he's wise enough to realize that it will only corrupt him and he will be too powerful for people to stop. The only option is for the innocent Hobbits who have no desire to rule the world to take it back where it was created and "unmake" it.

Obviously it's not an easy task, or you may argue an impossible one, but I'm not so sure.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
The non-aggression principle is that it's wrong to initiate force. Only defensive force is justified.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.
The Anarchists point of view is that force is wrong......period.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:

WHat an odd way to get around simply stating that you are a war monger.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Obviously it's not an easy task, or you may argue an impossible one, but I'm not so sure.
The reason it is likely impossible, is because it would require, not only a revolution, but a worldwide revolution. The odds of that revolution being successful in the first place, is effectively zero. And the likelihood that such a revolution, even if possible, could ever be sustained, is even less probable.

As long as any fiat currency is allowed to exist, no one is safe, and you'll inevitably end up right back where we are now. And the whole purpose of these systems, is because they have produced great power for those who have used them.

Basically, as long as any power exists, then power will consolidate, and exploit, and rule. And the truth is, you simply cannot destroy power, nor does libertarianism even want to.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
The Anarchists point of view is that force is wrong......period.
Not sure who told you that...but anarchist libertarians/anarcho-capitalists/voluntaryists or whatever you want to call them believe in defensive force. I mean, I am one so you'd think I would know.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
The reason it is likely impossible, is because it would require, not only a revolution, but a worldwide revolution. The odds of that revolution being successful in the first place, is effectively zero. And the likelihood that such a revolution, even if possible, could ever be sustained, is even less probable.

As long as any fiat currency is allowed to exist, no one is safe, and you'll inevitably end up right back where we are now. And the whole purpose of these systems, is because they have produced great power for those who have used them.

Basically, as long as any power exists, then power will consolidate, and exploit, and rule. And the truth is, you simply cannot destroy power, nor does libertarianism even want to.
How do you define power?

Do you believe those in power can enslave humanity if nobody recognizes their right to rule, including the people who carry out their orders?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:57 PM

603 posts, read 573,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hell, we can't get 5% of the vote when running against Clinton and Trump.
Well, you could try nominating an actual libertarian instead of Gary Johnson.

The most libertarian candidate in my lifetime (Ron Paul) ran as a Republican.

Party supremacy in politics is a bottom up thing, and the flaw with every third party is that they can't even win some seats in the congress or in local elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies