Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 04:12 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Software can easily compare two devices for duplicate emails, and the rest can be reviewed manually by gazillion FBI and DOJ employees assigned to this high priority task. Most of those emails are Oscar Meyer Weiner's personal emails.

Mick
Spit my gin and tonic on the keyboard with the Oscar Meyer Weiner business.

Can you just imagine how disgusted those uptight FBI agents were in having to review his emails.

Oh, Lord.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

I am deeply disappointed!
I'm sure you are.

There's always next time.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:15 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
The emails were all duplicates.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:16 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
She served herself all these years. WE can expect anything different from a future Clinton, probably not!

Comey was cornered and was probably forced to come out this this conclusion. This is the combination of the President/DOJ/ and the State Department has close the investigation for the elevation of HRC!

I am deeply disappointed!
How could you possibly have evidence for this? Projecting your own fears onto reality doesn't change reality.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:17 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Thank you Comey for reminding us how filthy the swamp is two days before the election.

You just handed the election to Trump!

Old 11-06-2016, 04:17 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Comey is an honorable and honest man. He also has a Republican bent. He should be required to resign or be fired. The comment in July were utterly out of school. He should simply have stated that no law was violated and he recommended against any prosecution and then shut up.

The first letter was another bad error and the second letter only proves the first was wrong.

He violated DofJ Policy in a flagrant way and was wrong. Under such circumstances there should be no way to survive.

The latest missile likely seals Trumps fate...but none of it should have happened.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
The Republicans have been trying to pin an indictable scandal on Clinton since Whitewater 20+ years ago. They have failed every single time. Face it Republicans, it is a witch hunt. Her political life has been more investigated than any other public figure in the country and all you have is innuendo. If she was an actual crook she would be in jail by now.

A more rational explanation is that she is pathologically secretive and has poor political judgment.

A personality flaw? Certainly.
A crime? No.
When we have a justice system and those who serve on it are appointed by the political party in power, I think justice is as likely as 1 foot of snow falling at the equator in the next 5 minutes.

So there's your answer in the eyes of many.....there is no justice. Foxes are guarding the hen house. Doesn't matter which team it is. But enjoy your happy dance wearing rose colored glasses with others while our broken political system gets enabled over and over by voters like yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Absurd. No way they were able to read 650,000 emails in 8 days when it took them 2 years to investigate 30,000 emails. The fix is in. What has Hillary/Obama got on Comey?
Exactly. And some of the hilbots are doing "happy dances" about this. Now you know who enables this corrupt system and they are happy about it. Insanity rules the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Software can easily compare two devices for duplicate emails, and the rest can be reviewed manually by gazillion FBI and DOJ employees assigned to this high priority task. Most of those emails are Oscar Meyer Weiner's personal emails.

Mick
Interesting the selective priority schedule vs the 1st "investigation". Guess software wasn't invented to search on key words during the 1st investigation, regardless of duplicates. And since the vast majority weren't duplicates according to news reports and they had to look at tons more emails for the 1st time I'm guessing......selective priorities. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Watching the NeoCons cry on Fox puts a smile on my face!
You should get off your team kick and think about the fact that if you/someone in your family, "little people", did what she did, you'd be in jail and/or fined/lose your job a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Comey is an honorable and honest man. He also has a Republican bent. He should be required to resign or be fired. The comment in July were utterly out of school. He should simply have stated that no law was violated and he recommended against any prosecution and then shut up.

The first letter was another bad error and the second letter only proves the first was wrong.

He violated DofJ Policy in a flagrant way and was wrong. Under such circumstances there should be no way to survive.

The latest missile likely seals Trumps fate...but none of it should have happened.
Non-sequitur. Unless you like dishonesty in the gov which most of the herd voters seem to favor for the last few decades.

And funny how team dem/left who were mad at him a week or so ago are now singing his praises. Can't make this stuff up.

And honesty and politician/appointed person in the same sentence is an oxymoron of the century in my book.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:22 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Really corrupt

Old 11-06-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Trump's fate was already sealed.

But it remains to be seen what Comey's will be.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:23 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Most "thinking people" know not to trust a liar. I trust NONE of them, nor should a rational person.

So it's clear now you trust someone who is an outright as they've lied about the matter and thinks she's someone who can be trusted with emails? It's scary where "most thinking people" have morphed into trusting proven liars. And more scary they vote/enable these types.

https://asweetdoseofreality.com/2016...lary-off-hook/

"Gowdy: Good morning, Director Comey. Secretary Clinton said she never sent or received any classified information over her private e-mail, was that true?
Comey: Our investigation found that there was classified information sent.
Gowdy: It was not true?
Comey: That’s what I said.
Gowdy: OK. Well, I’m looking for a shorter answer so you and I are not here quite as long. Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her e-mails sent or received. Was that true?
Comey: That’s not true. There were a small number of portion markings on I think three of the documents.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said “I did not e-mail any classified information to anyone on my e-mail there was no classified material.” That is true?
Comey: There was classified information emailed.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton used one device, was that true?
Comey: She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as Secretary of State.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said all work related emails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?
Comey: No. We found work related email, thousands, that were not returned.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said neither she or anyone else deleted work related emails from her personal account.

Comey: That’s a harder one to answer. We found traces of work related emails in — on devices or in space. Whether they were deleted or when a server was changed out something happened to them, there’s no doubt that the work related emails that were removed electronically from the email system.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said her lawyers read every one of the emails and were overly inclusive. Did her lawyers read the email content individually?
Comey: No."

But those in denial will believe anything about their "team"/man/woman to validate one's choice in the face of reality. When people start trusting a liar, no matter what team they play on, team R or D, we can clearly understand why GIGO rules and why are politicians are just a reflection of the voting public.

It's a bought and sold/corrupt system that doesn't serve you or me, serves donors, and justice is a 2 tier system is a major part of what a banana republic is about. Your buddies on your team play this game of 2 tier justice all the time and many in your pack agree with this. You truly think power/money doesn't buy "justice"? If you don't, I feel sorry for you.

And if it isn't clear and is in "dog whistle" range to your human ear range, it's a shame you are so blind to the reality of how corrupt our system is on both teams. Lots of that going on these days with our voting herd saying "I hate these politicians!" by many in the voting herd though the herd still elects the same flavor in year, after year, after year.
Corruption has always been a part of partisan politics...dirty tricks--'surprise' announcements--3rd party political ads that shade the truth..and assassinate reputations--same as it ever was.

Money and/or power..they're not always the same thing...have given a lot of people a leg up, in the process. Would Trump be where he is, if he were not a billionaire? I will point out, that more than one powerful person has found out, to their sorrow, that the system was not nearly as flexible as they thought. Perhaps Clinton will fall into this slot--perhaps not. Time will tell.

It seems to me..IMO..that you are railing about things that have been as they are for a very long time. I'm not sure that we can have a Democratic process without the excesses that go with it. It is difficult to intelligently exercise our franchise--in this time of shaded truths and half-lies.

I chose not to vote for Trump because I see him as the original hollow man--not that I think Clinton is pristine--but partisan politics have so clouded the waters for me...that I've suspended belief..and choose to vote for McMullin.

You are right about this..that we get the Govt. that we choose..while there are many obstacles in our paths...we could choose better. But that..is up to us.
Choosing to believe lies and perpetrate half-truths--just so our team can win--plays right into the hands of those who really rule--and believe this..they are not on the ballot.

Thank-you for your cogent and reasoned post..it's a rare thing these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies