Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 04:40 PM

381 posts, read 177,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
HRC still has 4 active investigations against her.

I keep reading conflicting information, so I'm wondering if you know if there is really an active investigation of the Clinton Foundation?

Old 11-06-2016, 04:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Please post some links.

P.S. Your cap locks seems to be malfunctioning. Might want to fix it. It's making you look foolish.
To what exactly? Clintons record is very widely advertised.. I'm not even sure why you're disputing it.. Its like asking someone to post links proving 2 + 3 = 5...

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...balance-budget

Old 11-06-2016, 04:42 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,559,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Sorry Mick but if you bleached emails after they were subpoenaed by Congress you would be sitting in jail. You can ignore and deflect but it will not change that fact.
Do you really think that you know more than the government knows about those emails? That you are better positioned to more accurately determine the facts of the case?

This is nothing more than Clinton Derangement Syndrome, wherein simply by virtue of her being Hillary Clinton, she is de facto guilty of everything, she is de facto evil, a monster, a murderer, a threat to democracy, a fill-in-the-blank. Such a perspective is so far off the charts of rational, it defies comprehension.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:43 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,441,267 times
Quote:
False.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:48 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,901,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Suicide hotlines are experiencing higher than usual volume tonight around the nation.

Mick

And the people showing up all have red ball caps !

Well, since my first post on this was deleted, let me try a kinder approach. We all knew there was nothing in those emails that were in any way damaging to Hillary. They were blown out of proportion by people anxious to find any small thing they could to discredit Hillary.

Here are the facts for anyone who cares to know what really happened in those emails.

1) Hillary is not very tech smart, and was accustomed to using her old Blackberry for communicating. When she became SOS, she asked if she could use it for both government and private communications, and she was told NO.

2) She was told she would have to set up a separate server for her private emails, and, since she does not really understand servers or hard drives (neither do I) she opted to use a second Blackberry phone for her private emails. (that model was not even made any more, so an aide had to find one on Ebay and buy it for her , because she was comfortable using it.)

3) The government computer setup is (strangely) not very sophisticated in some respects. For example, she was not able to communicate with their computers when she was aboard her plane. So there were some problems keeping in touch with people on the ground, and she had to resort to using phones in the possession of her aides to get things done.

4) As for the emails that were supposedly marked " Classified" that too was very confusing. Some communications started out with Classified at the top, then went to "C" , which means "Confidential", a lesser level of security. Experts, who have read those documents, even say it was hard to tell what was classified and what was not.

5) Finally, she has a very small staff, and they were harried and constantly scrambling to get their work done. Consequently, short cuts were taken and they had more important issues to resolve, so they used whatever means to an end they could.

Hillary has been examined and re-examined time after time her whole life, and no one has found anything "corrupt". Even the Clinton Foundation has been scrutinized so many times and nothing has been found out of line.

It is time for everyone to start looking at facts and what really matters, as opposed to all of this garbage that means nothing and only causes "he said, she said" types of reactions.

Hillary is most likely our new President, and it is time to pull together to make this great country even better. We have a lot of wounds to heal from this circus of an election.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:49 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I can't believe how much corruption Obama has created in our government ....Its just unbelievable

FBI will not change decision regarding Hillary Clinton's emails | Daily Mail Online
I don't get it, Comey was such a good republican when he was head of the FBI and released the information "last week". {{{Now}}} the republicans want to throw him under the bus. You can't have it both ways. He's a good guy or a bad guy only depending on what he says with what you "want to hear".

Old 11-06-2016, 04:49 PM

42,876 posts, read 26,428,665 times
Quote:
there are no active investigations pending against her in the "real world", they only exist in the minds of people like Alex Jones and other members of the tin foil hat club

Old 11-06-2016, 04:50 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,453,991 times
Quote:
Trump has few court dates in his future...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-rape-lawsuit

Trump University Lawsuit: Court Date & Fraud Case Details | Heavy.com

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...or-trump-case/

Donald Trump Focuses On Policy And Is Due In Court After Election Day : NPR

Hmmm..is that...uhhh...four?

51,681 posts, read 25,934,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I keep reading conflicting information, so I'm wondering if you know if there is really an active investigation of the Clinton Foundation?
There is always an active investigation of the Clintons, be it blow jobs or or emails or ???

Probably always will be until the FBI returns to being the Federal Bureau of Investigation instead of a tool of the Republican party.

7,068 posts, read 6,490,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Corruption has always been a part of partisan politics...dirty tricks--'surprise' announcements--3rd party political ads that shade the truth..and assassinate reputations--same as it ever was.

Money and/or power..they're not always the same thing...have given a lot of people a leg up, in the process. Would Trump be where he is, if he were not a billionaire? I will point out, that more than one powerful person has found out, to their sorrow, that the system was not nearly as flexible as they thought. Perhaps Clinton will fall into this slot--perhaps not. Time will tell.

It seems to me..IMO..that you are railing about things that have been as they are for a very long time. I'm not sure that we can have a Democratic process without the excesses that go with it. It is difficult to intelligently exercise our franchise--in this time of shaded truths and half-lies.

I chose not to vote for Trump because I see him as the original hollow man--not that I think Clinton is pristine--but partisan politics have so clouded the waters for me...that I've suspended belief..and choose to vote for McMullin.

You are right about this..that we get the Govt. that we choose..while there are many obstacles in our paths...we could choose better. But that..is up to us.
Choosing to believe lies and perpetrate half-truths--just so our team can win--plays right into the hands of those who really rule--and believe this..they are not on the ballot.

Thank-you for your cogent and reasoned post..it's a rare thing these days
I can see exactly where you are coming from and you make some very good points. Agree, money and/or the power connection, often hand in hand but not always, gets people where they are in politics. No doubt about that. And yes, politics has always been a dirty game for sure. I've always wondered if it's getting worse or it has always been sleazy. My dumb guess is it's getting sleazier/more dirty, certainly more in your face because the more people in power can get away with, they start feeling more and more invincible but history shows there's always a point where it all folds on itself and when one steps over the line of being a certain level of arrogant, their own arrogance catches up with them. The irony is the "little people", the voters, have the most power in the end but it's squandered for the most part in my view as the same type with just a different false smile/a few new words is selected over and over again.

It saddens me it all has turned into like a sporting event where logic/thought goes out the window and it turns into a "my team/your team" thing. And as you stated so well, it plays right into the hands of those who rule the system. And it's not the "puppet" we all see of course as you stated who's running the show/making the decisions. What's surprising to me is even with bernie and trump hammering this point, I still think many people are disconnected from this reality. Otherwise, they certainly wouldn't vote for a hil type. But on the half full side, many have woken up to this reality of who runs the show. I guess it's a start.

And I can respect your voting choice given your views on the state of things in politics. How those who say they dislike trump and jump for clinton with all we've learned about her actual judgement of her server choice, "What's C mean?" as SS, the wikiL info revealed, choices she made as SS overseas, etc etc completely escapes me. Though not my choice on certain levels I could respect a vote for Jill stein much more on many levels if people want to stay more left.

Thanks for the kind words and same to you on what is a most refreshing post. I hope the voters in our country wake up one day to what's going on in our political system. Though realistically, I'm doubtful. No matter who wins, we are so divided and that's not a good thing at all on many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies