Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 09:18 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times

Advertisements

If they need a reason to protest they should have protested the Democratic party not nominating Bernie Sanders even though he was favored. If Bernie had been nominated there is a possibility he would have won the other night. And why protest Trump, what did he do? He didn't cheat the system, he won fair and square. Granted I don't agree with the premise of the electoral college this day and age, even though they did move Trump to Presidency, the electoral college in my eyes would be the cause of their problem not Trump. Again, research and knowledge is key, not assumptions. They say Trump is closed minded yet they are acting in the same manner by protesting. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Protesting is one of the most American things you can do. Do I appreciate the flag burning though? No way. I would never burn a U.S. flag. Burning a Confederate flag, I have no issues with that. But not a USA flag.

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
There are pretty significant protests going on in Philadelphia, so your earlier point is moot.
I live in rural Western PA, clear on the other side of the state. In a county that voted solid Trump. The protests in Philly may as well be on the moon.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:19 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Clinton is going to end up with well over a million votes more than Trump got. Yeah, yeah constitution. But the fundamental unfairness of voting for Clinton but getting Trump gets under a lot of people's skin, justifiably so. Trump said terrible things and acted in reprehensible ways toward many of the groups who are demonstrating. The protests and dissent may hasten his impeachment and removal and that is about the best we can all hope for for our country.
Unemployed whiners and lazy do nothings looking for attention are like fleas on Trumps butt. Just a small nuisance till you squash them.

You *******s are great entertainment. Keep crying, keep talking tough. I love watching your daily histrionics.

******* USA. The newest reality show sweeping the nation. I hope you go on location to my town. My fellow deplorables and I will greet you in our own very special way.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
There is a rally of hundreds if not a 1000 or more in Chicago. Another one is getting organized in Phoenix where high school kids walked out of class this afternoon. It's going to grow.
This is what America is all about. Make your voice heard.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Reminds me of Ferguson. "We are so oppressed". Only to find out only 6% AA vote in the last municipal elections before the outcry.
So what you're saying is that you like to ridicule people without understanding their circumstances. Gosh I wish you would wake up a person of color tomorrow, preferably a woman. That way you may be finally forced to confront the hard truth of voter intimidation, voter suppression, lack of opportunity, and abject poverty that an African-American infant just born today is already inevitably far more likely to encounter in their life that if they were White.

The Trump victory doesn't mean morality is dead, and doesn't mean compassion for those less fortunate is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Trump's racism will never affect you, his discrimination will never affect you, his hatred for marginalized people will never affect you. You were never the person Trump promised to go after. The ability to choose to see the good in a racist, sexist bigot because you will not face the very real consequences of him being in power. You do not have anything to fear. He never threatened to go after you. But he did threaten to go after people. And those people are rightfully fearful of their safety, their children's safety, their loved one's safety. Do not dismiss their fear because you are safe.
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barack increased the debt by over $10 Trillion. If President Trump only raises it by $9 Trillion, he will be a success.
Moving the goal posts already. You're just confirming that Trump was lying all along, and you knew it, and you voted for him anyway.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:22 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xani View Post
That lowlife scum blocked Highway 101 in Los Angles.

Normally I'm against police shootings, but this time the cops should just shoot this scum to free the earth from these criminals.
This democracy thing is really getting under your skin isn't it?

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
Hillary CONCEDED.. there is NOTHING to protest.

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Your son is a smart guy. I hadn't considered that. These young people who are crying and demonstrating will not soon forget this. Let's hope this teaches a lesson that voting matters. This was the lowest turnout in years especially among younger voters.
The Hispanics have the most children and they are going more and more Republican and their children with them. They are devout Christians and are strictly pro-family and anti-abortion.

So there goes your plan.

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Unemployed whiners and lazy do nothings looking for attention are like fleas on Trumps butt. Just a small nuisance till you squash them.

You *******s are great entertainment. Keep crying, keep talking tough. I love watching your daily histrionics.

******* USA. The newest reality show sweeping the nation. I hope you go on location to my town. My fellow deplorables and I will greet you in our own very special way.
Excuse me, but all we heard from the rural Trump cult was "we have no jobs."

Seems to me they were either lying or unemployed whiners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies