Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:26 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times

Advertisements

I live in blue areas, so this never really hit too close to home, but if I lived in certain parts of the country, I'd probably consider going blonde. lol.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:28 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,229,638 times
What I learned from this election is that we haven't progressed from the civil rights movement, women's movement, etc... as much as I thought. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter; I didn't like Clinton. I was on the fence this election until the Billy Bush tape and the sexual harassment allegations. I was probably never going to vote for Trump after he made fun of that disabled guy, but I was thinking 3rd party, Johnson or Stein.

I don't think he is virulently racist, I just think he has more respect for white people than non-whites, which is still a form of racism. Ditto women... it's not that he "hates" women, he just has more respect for men. It's back to the "good ol boy" system that I thought people were done with, but apparently not. As a member of his preferred group, I have few consequences to fear.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:29 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Taking control of immigration is not racist.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 PM

529 posts, read 369,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Amazing that many of you deny that there were racial aspects to this election. I'm not guilty about anything. I have nothing to lose.

What Trump proved is that you win by making others look small, by tearing them down, by belittling them. He did it in the primary and he did in the general. And that we as Americans eat that stuff up.
No.

What he proved was that America isn't stupid enough to buy into the narrative that finally had a big bright light shined on it for what it was.

Hillary got debated like every other nominee, but yet some wanted to cry foul. Because she wasn't treated with kid gloves. THAT is an insult to women.

Women won this for Trump. They saw through the constant narrative of "voting against Hillary is sexist" BS

The people saw how HRC was able to get away with breaking the law, and being "grossly negligent" in handling sensitive material.

That so many were fine putting someone that incompetent in the WH is sad, but fortunately enough people had become sick of the double standard, and know that THEY face consequences for doing wrong, yet for some reason she didn't.

They realize that while the media pushed the sexist narrative the facts are that Trump has a proven track record of hiring women in executive positions. He hired who he felt was the best for the job regardless of gender.

The sheer number of Blacks and Latinos that turned out for Trump is also going to blow some minds and goes directly against the "whitelash" narrative trying to be pushed by some.

If it makes you feel better to tell yourself that Trump won because the country is made up of such a large number of racists and sexists, by all means that is your right. But it isn't reality.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:31 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.
So, what Billy-boy *did*, and Hillary *tolerated*, is not worse that what Trump *said*?

That's what you're going with?

Old 11-09-2016, 03:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
What I learned from this election is that we haven't progressed from the civil rights movement, women's movement, etc... as much as I thought. .
Of course not. We can never progress away from scapegoating whites especially males. Communism and identity group politics forever and ever.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:36 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I live in blue areas, so this never really hit too close to home, but if I lived in certain parts of the country, I'd probably consider going blonde. lol.
Whether I'm hanging out in Santa Monica or visiting my Rust Belt roots I get by just fine with "non-white skin".

Probably because I treat the stoner homeless guy at the beach with the same respect as I do the Amish woman who I buy pies from near my aunt's house back in Ohio.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:36 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,229,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Taking control of immigration is not racist.
It is if you call them rapists and criminals, but you assume "some" of them are good people - implying most of them are not.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:37 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Remember when John Lennon put up those billboards in NYC saying "War is over! If you want it."?

Of course the war wasn't over but the idea was the war could be over for you anytime you were willing to accept that you can control yourself and not others.

Maybe that's some good advice here.
Excellent point. I've been hinting at this the past couple of days (especially today) to people I know in real life.

My sentiment from an earlier thread was:

I still want to be left alone to live and work, to save or spend my hard-earned money as I see fit, and to take care of the few humans in my monkeysphere who truly matter.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
Quote:
Amazing that many of you deny that there were racial aspects to this election. I'm not guilty about anything. I have nothing to lose.
Both sides play the race card.

Hillary always had a Muslim, a black, a transvestite, a hispanic, an Asian, etc behind the podium whenever she had a speech. She was simply pandering to every single group in the world except Anglo Saxons. She was simply manipulating naive people on the left to get votes

Trump will never expel 10 million Mexicans and cannot create a hermetic blockade of Muslims. These was just hyperbole to get votes from rural America.

You need to sharpen your analytical skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies