Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:48 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Trump is a blunt, non-polished political speaker and does engage in hyperbole at times, I'll give you that.

The point he was making is the mostly lower class and many of the criminal of latin America have been illegally crossing our border. Why is it when one rightfully criticizes actions and behaviors of any non-white identity group members, it's "racism!"? But if you criticize white identity group members, it's supposedly enlightenment and virtue? That's the racism.
I think a lot has to do with the way he says it and, as you point out, his non-polished speaking. His rallies and discussions have a very strong tone of derision as well as over generalization of certain minority groups. I think there was probably a MUCH better way, through his campaign, to articulate that he had problems with illegals who commit crimes, but he didn't state in that way, nor am I convinced that he feels the way you have pointed out that you THINK he feels.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
It's the lesson to our kids that success in this country is being a bully & a jerk, and there are no consequences for that.
Who's been bullying and jerking around who? It's the other way around. My Obama neighbors have been jerking me around and violating my property rights since they were moved in.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I agree 100% OP. This election has shown that white men can do and get away with any and everything without punishment.

As a black woman, I am frightened that his hateful words resonated with so many Americans. I fear for the safety of my brothers and my unborn children.
Really? Do any of these brothers listen to Jay-Z's lyrics?

In case you missed it, here's one of his hits that Hillary seemed ok with. Amazing how many words are blanked out by the forum software.

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son
I got ninety nine problems but a ***** ain't one

I got the rap patrol on the gat patrol
Foes that want ta make sure my casket's closed
Rap critics that say he's "Money Cash Hoes"
I'm from the hood, stupid?what type of facts are those?
If you grew up with holes in your zapatos
You'd celebrate the minute you was having dough
I'm like "**** critics" you can kiss my whole *******
If you don't like my lyrics, you can press fast forward?
Got beef with radio if I don't play they show
They don't play my hits, well, I don't give a ****, so
Rap mags try and use my black ass
So advertisers can give 'em more cash for ads, ****ers
I don't know what you take me as
Or understand the intelligence that Jay-Z has
I'm from rags to riches, *****s I ain't dumb
I got ninety nine problems but a ***** ain't one, hit me

As to Trump, much of what he said was atrocious. I expect more of him as President.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 PM

529 posts, read 370,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
But he won't. At worst he cancels the Executive Orders which thrusts Dreamers and such back to the gray side. But they are not going anywhere and he has no capability of deporting them. That would take large sums of money which Congress is not about to appropriate.
Simply. Enforce. Existing. Laws.

That doesn't take "large sums of money"

Old 11-09-2016, 03:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I agree 100% OP. This election has shown that white men can do and get away with any and everything without punishment.

As a black woman, I am frightened that his hateful words resonated with so many Americans. I fear for the safety of my brothers and my unborn children.
Are your brothers between the ages of 13-25 in an American city that is at least 50% black?

If so, I'd be worried about their safety too.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Oh I agree. It's not Trump I'm worried about.. I don't think he can do 1/10th of what he's said and he will change his mind about that last 1/10th.

It's the people who supported him, that will now think they can verbally abuse Mexicans or whatever. That they can tell a brown person they need to go back where they came from. The people that think it's cool to rate women on a 1-10 scale & judge their worth as a person on that, because our president does it.

It's the lesson to our kids that success in this country is being a bully & a jerk, and there are no consequences for that.
Said this on another thread but you need to hear this too. These Trump supporters, the ones that actually put him in office, are the same exact people who put Obama in office twice. The Republicans were a constant for Romney and then Trump. But Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Florida - these were key states to his win and when you went county by county, the biggest difference in those states from Obama to this election were those rural counties Obama carried and Trump flipped. Do you genuinely believe the same people who voted for Obama twice are now suddenly raving racists because they voted for Trump?

Old 11-09-2016, 03:52 PM

6 posts, read 3,248 times
Quote:
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.
Drama queen much?

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think a lot has to do with the way he says it and, as you point out, his non-polished speaking. His rallies and discussions have a very strong tone of derision as well as over generalization of certain minority groups. I think there was probably a MUCH better way, through his campaign, to articulate that he had problems with illegals who commit crimes, but he didn't state in that way, nor am I convinced that he feels the way you have pointed out that you THINK he feels.
I don't really disagree except where you make implications at the end that he really is a "bigot". Bluntness and non-polish doesn't bother me because I look deeper, but I realize it bothers many other people particularly whites and women and of course those group members being criticized. But for crap's sake when you're crossing our border illegally and do a bunch things you deserve the criticism.

The thing is Trump's policies are pattycake to what I want, and I consider myself a very compassionate person. When you abuse American people's kindness and deny they were even kind, then you created great resentment. For example, I would want to reinstate immigration law closer to what is was in 1963 with even more strong provisions and lower limits. Trump and most of his supporters are not near that level.

Last edited by mtl1; 11-09-2016 at 04:02 PM..

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
It is if you call them rapists and criminals, but you assume "some" of them are good people - implying most of them are not.
He spoke the truth. When "most of them" come here illegally, then they are NOT good people.

And being from Texas, you'll certainly have heard about the 10-year-old girl that was raped and murdered by an illegal that been deported once, but came back in. Rapists and criminals. Some are good, but some are not.

529 posts, read 370,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Said this on another thread but you need to hear this too. These Trump supporters, the ones that actually put him in office, are the same exact people who put Obama in office twice. The Republicans were a constant for Romney and then Trump. But Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Florida - these were key states to his win and when you went county by county, the biggest difference in those states from Obama to this election were those rural counties Obama carried and Trump flipped. Do you genuinely believe the same people who voted for Obama twice are now suddenly raving racists because they voted for Trump?
SHHH!

Doesn't fit the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies