Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:26 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And how have they been violating your property rights?
Attempted home invasion, what looked like attempted arson in my backyard Halloween night, pulling in my drive way unnecessarily to turn around, etc.

I bet if I had went ahead and put up security cameras it'd be like raccoons wandering around every night on video.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
breakfast lunch and dinner.
Forced feeding tube of scapegoating .

Old 11-09-2016, 07:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...it ain't that bad, dude.
Yes, it is, or did you just miss the part where this screwed up nation elected a grossly unqualified, bigoted Russian sock-puppet who molests women and pays neither his employees or his taxes to the office of the president?

If if Trump literally does nothing but rob the White House and sexually assault various women over the next few years - as bad as all that would be - it's the hatred and malice shown by his supporters that is truly dangerous. They didn't go in there voting for "change" - they voted "somebody to get rid of all them Mooslims, queers, and brown people." And that is unforgivable.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Just a thought... Maybe if Hillary, her supporters, and the social justice movement at large had treated non-college whites - who used to be staunchly Democratic - with some degree of resoect and acknowledgement, this wouldn't have happened.

The feelgood wisdom of rallying sub-1% interest groups instead of one of the largest single demographic groups in this nation will forever go down in history as one of the stupidest campaign tactics in our nation's history.
They thought they had the numbers from year after year Democrat voter immigration, and could now just treat whitey as full on redheaded stepchild. They do, but didn't get the turn out. And just think how many more there will be in 4 years.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:44 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I agree 100% OP. This election has shown that white men can do and get away with any and everything without punishment.

As a black woman, I am frightened that his hateful words resonated with so many Americans. I fear for the safety of my brothers and my unborn children.
\What hateful things has he said about you and black people. What are you afraid of? What can white men do and get away with that you are talking about? What crime did Trump do that he got away with? Not accusations, but actual crime.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 11-09-2016 at 08:18 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 07:45 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Amazing that many of you deny that there were racial aspects to this election. I'm not guilty about anything. I have nothing to lose.
To be fair, the racial aspects to this election are exaggerated. This election was primarily about class, not race. Trump won, because he won the Rustbelt. And the Rustbelt wasn't voting based on racism.

These people are blue-collar/working-class voters, who are tired of their jobs being outsourced. And they are tired of the country being flooded with immigrants, not because they hate foreigners, but because they see immigration for what it actually is, corporations wanting to exploit cheap labor so they can get richer and richer, while screwing over the rest of society.

The working-class see that globalism hasn't benefited them, it has only benefited the rich, and they are tired of it.

To the extent that race was injected into the political discourse, it was because the democrats knew they couldn't win without minority support. So they tried to make Trump out to be a racist, and they tried to push Black Lives Matters, as if the cops were murdering blacks en masse(we later found out that whites are actually killed at a higher rate by cops than are blacks), and they tried to get women to vote for Hillary, just because she is a woman, and for no other reason.

The democrats made the election about sexism and racism because they had no other choice. They weren't going to win with such a corrupt candidate any other way.

The election was a class struggle which materialized in the form of nationalism vs globalism.

The people spoke, and said, no more.

Thank god.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:58 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Really? having people state their race/ethnicity on certain forms is tantamount to obsession.
What is the rationale of classifying people based on race or ethnicity?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Fit in? We are white and college educated. My daughter and SIL live on "purple" LI. She has a Bernie sticker on her car with a smaller Ok, fine. Hillary it is. We were driving out to Riverhead to take her toddler pumpkin picking. A white woman on the LIE with Trump stickers all over her car tailgated us. My daughter changed lanes but this woman kept following us. She then pulled next to us, cursing at us out her window, and giving us the finger. This woman looked exactly like us, yet this Trump supporter put us in danger on the road with a little boy in the car. We were white and the same gender as her. We were being attacked solely for that Hillary sticker. If she just had the Bernie sticker? Oh, no, because my SIL only has a Bernie and he too was run off the road and had a bottle thrown into his windshield by another car with Trump stickers with young white men in it. ALL these Trump supporters looked exactly like us. These people had absolutely no idea whether we had college degrees or not. We all had NY plates.

This is how we were treated by Trump supporters of our own race, genders, living in the same area, purely for NOT supporting Donald Trump in his home state where he did not even win.

I do not like Trump, but after all this do you think I like Trump supporters either? You do not treat people like this and then expect them to "get over it". I can fully understand how people who are "different" in any way must feel. My daughter and SIL were afraid to drive after that but they did not take off those stickers. You do not back down to bullies. I will say that to The Donald too. I am from NYC the same as he is.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:29 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,243,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
To be fair, the racial aspects to this election are exaggerated. This election was primarily about class, not race. Trump won, because he won the Rustbelt. And the Rustbelt wasn't voting based on racism.

These people are blue-collar/working-class voters, who are tired of their jobs being outsourced. And they are tired of the country being flooded with immigrants, not because they hate foreigners, but because they see immigration for what it actually is, corporations wanting to exploit cheap labor so they can get richer and richer, while screwing over the rest of society.

The working-class see that globalism hasn't benefited them, it has only benefited the rich, and they are tired of it.

To the extent that race was injected into the political discourse, it was because the democrats knew they couldn't win without minority support. So they tried to make Trump out to be a racist, and they tried to push Black Lives Matters, as if the cops were murdering blacks en masse(we later found out that whites are actually killed at a higher rate by cops than are blacks), and they tried to get women to vote for Hillary, just because she is a woman, and for no other reason.

The democrats made the election about sexism and racism because they had no other choice. They weren't going to win with such a corrupt candidate any other way.

The election was a class struggle which materialized in the form of nationalism vs globalism.

The people spoke, and said, no more.

Thank god.
I get that. I really do. And I'm well aware that the Democrats have not really addressed this problem. Thats what Bernie Sanders was all about.

But what is Trump going to do about it? Cut taxes? Regardless of the effectiveness of that approach, we had a slate of 16 other Republicans who would all have cut our taxes, and done so with a less offensive personality.

Ideology did not drive this election. It had nothing to do with "the issues.". If it was about issues or policy or ideology the election would have been Sanders vs Cruz or one of the other Republicans.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:38 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.
My wife is really annoyed with trump because when I come home at night, the first thing i do is grab her by the *****. She doesn't even get anything out of it either. I just feel that if its good enough for a billionaire now president-elect, it's good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies