Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:26 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Bull. They would have said the same thing, just like they did about Obama. I love it. I love how the right is now trying to be all touchy feely with all this "our" president BS. While I don't hold the view that Mr. Trump is not my president, I understand the sentiment. How can Latinos, gays, Muslims, women and veterans proclaim this man as their president when he was so disgustingly derisive towards them for 18 months? Can you blame them?
Yes we can blame them. Obama has spent 8 years dividing the country and proving he's a party president, not an American president, he EARNED people saying he wasn't their president. Trump hasn't even been inaugurated yet and raving foaming at the mouth liberals are protesting. No one was protesting, looting, rioting, destroying property when Obama was elected, that's reserved for the "tolerant" hypocrites on the left.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then leave the US. Those on the right would have accepted Hillary. They wouldn't like like it but would have accepted.

Those who do violence hopefully will be locked up.
I don't recall republicans taking to the streets and looting, burning, assaulting and destroying public property in 2008 or 2012 when 0bama won.

If people want to say "not my president" because they don't think that president espouses their views, fine. But time and time again, the democrats show us that they are our nations domestic terrorists.

Anti-Trump protesters take to streets for second night

Old 11-11-2016, 07:30 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
Quote:
Then leave the US. Those on the right would have accepted Hillary. They wouldn't like like it but would have accepted.

I agree. But if Hillary had won conservatives would be saying the same thing. In this election, the losing side was going to whine and complain, period. There would be the same violence, and the right would not have accepted Hillary no different than the left are doing with Trump. There are moronic extremists on both sides of the fence.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I agree. But if Hillary had won conservatives would be saying the same thing. In this election, the losing side was going to whine and complain, period. There would be the same violence, and the right would not have accepted Hillary no different than the left are doing with Trump. There are moronic extremists on both sides of the fence.
Where was this type of nation-wide rioting and violence, looting, physical assault, or destruction of property displayed by republicans in 2008 or 2012? Go ahead, I'll wait

Last edited by OICU812; 11-11-2016 at 07:57 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
True, as in the last 8 years.

While people didn't like or even hated Obama, where were the riots....
Exactly, the domestic terrorists that our nation needs to worry about, have always been on the left.

OWS or BLM, or SEIU protests, have all all eventually turned violent. Meanwhile every single TEA party rally was peaceful.

A Baltimore Metropolitan Police transport vehicle burns during clashes in Baltimore, Maryland April 27, 2015.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
To Those Who Say Not My President

We've all heard a boatload of that kind of talk for the past 8 years and nobody left.

Don't be a sore winner.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:

Had you been around this forum after the 2008 and 2012 elections you would have read the raw hatred and no shortage of threads/ posts by people who said they would never accept or support Obama. Some of the general public hung their flags at half mast and some hung or burned Obama effigies.

No shortage of I hate Obama / Hillary threads on this forum. Some of the crowds at rallies called for the execution of Hillary.

Some posters on this forum and others were readying for an armed revolution if Trump did not win. Imagine if Trump won the popular vote and lost the election, as Hillary did.

This is the way some people roll in the US and it's certainly not unique to this election.

The History of Violence on Presidential Campaign Trails - ABC News

This too shall pass and there will be no shortage of people who will never accept or support Trump no different than Obama or Bush or Clinton......

The Bush Derangement Syndrome became the Obama Derangement Syndrome and now the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Only thing any of us really control is our own reaction. Being a special snowflake and getting ruffled at those who will never support the POTUS is as much as choice as public displays of disappointment and in some cases anger at the election outcome.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:51 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,130 times
Whether they"accept" him or not, they are going to have to live with it Enjoy libs! I lived through 8 years of Obama.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's just one more nail in the coffin of delusion from the Trump side. Unless the original poster is that ONE gem of a person who really would have accepted a different president. I suppose it could happen...
There would have been whining and gnashing of teeth and outrage but no riots would have happened no wrecking of neighborhoods. Very few protests. Life goes on.

But the left are acting like spoiled brats for not getting their way claiming it's unfair. Hint, life is unfair.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:54 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Where was this type of nation-wide rioting and violence, looting, physical assault, or destruction of property displayed by republicans in 2008 or 2012? Go ahead, I'll wait
This isn't 2008 or 2012. It's not the same set of circumstances. No comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies