Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 08:38 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times

Advertisements

Reality tv president for reality tv brains.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Why would you give a door man 30K to stop a rumor. What kind of lawyer was this guy Cohen.

POTUS only hires the best
Pay attention
Cohen didn't pay the money supposedly
He got Trump's buddy at The Enquirer to pay the money
And then not run the story

Now if you can think of any story that is too far out there, too disreputable that the Enquirer didn't run they fit the same pattern apparently---
They are negative about Trump
Everything hateful about HRC or Obama's--no facts/no proof/no problem
Run 'em...

But the idea that Trump had an affair with a former housekeeper and had a child--
Naw--that is too unbelievable for the Enquirer to run...
Karen McDougal's affair with Trump---no too unsavory to run...BUT they paid her first before they decided it was too unsavory--so she couldn't sell it elsewhere...
Which makes absolutely no financial sense--for a business that has gone bankrupt twice already...

Do you see a pattern here???

Protect Trump at all costs....
Question is where is the slush fund money coming from?
Addelson???
Trump's long time friend
A whip-round for all the Mafia/Russians Trump has laundered money for???

Old 04-12-2018, 09:04 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yes, because this president is the ONLY president who has ever lied.

Not one of the others ever did, not once. And none of the future presidents will lie either.

Only THIS president lies. Nobody else. /eyeroll/
Yes, all presidents lie now and then. Trump has gone nuclear on it. The point is that everything he says is a lie. He has lost all credibility because it is apparent that he has no regard at all for "truth." It's like what he said to the Canadian president. He admitted that he was just talking, just saying stuff that sounded good. He just flat out didn't care if it was true. I think he does that all the time. A liar is someone who knows what is true, but says something different for his own gain. Trump does that sometimes. But most often, it seems he doesn't even know what is true any more. Among presidents, he is the BS king.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:13 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Yes, all presidents lie now and then. Trump has gone nuclear on it. The point is that everything he says is a lie. He has lost all credibility because it is apparent that he has no regard at all for "truth." It's like what he said to the Canadian president. He admitted that he was just talking, just saying stuff that sounded good. He just flat out didn't care if it was true. I think he does that all the time. A liar is someone who knows what is true, but says something different for his own gain. Trump does that sometimes. But most often, it seems he doesn't even know what is true any more. Among presidents, he is the BS king.
Trump lies for personal gain ALL THE TIME. It is what got him elected.
It s what keeps him in a marriage past two weeks and minimizes his divorce payout week 3 to eternity. It s what he uses for his affairs, business deals, and on and on and on.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This is not quite so black and white. The thing is, there are lies, and there are LIES. Trump's 'predecessors' may have lied a couple of times (and/or inadvertently), but I defy anyone to compare the sheer volume and magnitude of Trump lies with any of his predecessors--won't even come close.Trump lies to everyone and anyone about anything--he always has and always will--it is his credo.

And, btw, when his predecessors were caught making misstatements or 'lies,' they took responsibility and apologized. We have certainly heard them state "I apologize, I am responsible, I was mistaken, I was wrong, the buck stops with me, and even 'my bad.' Never have we heard that come out of Trump's mouth. We all know very well by now that Trump is infamous for "doubling down," rather than ever admit something was his fault, his mistake or it was 'on him.' The ONE time he apologized was when he was forced to by his campaign after the Access Hollywood tape came out, and because he is so dishonest, nobody even believed that.

As far as "the federal government" I do not know who you are referring to, but if it is Congress, they have a zero trust rating--many believe little of what they say.

But for a president to be totally unreliable, not credible, dishonest and lying to the nth degree--that is a much larger problem. It means nobody--not Americans, world leaders, Congress, the world population, the military--nobody can take his word for anything. He is a compulsive, pathological liar, and you cannot say that about former presidents.

His word means nothing--nothing at all, and that is a huge problem, especially when things get very very serious on a global basis.
Trump actually went back on his Access apology. He started to say it was not his voice on the recording. Typical cheater behavior anyway. Gaslight. So stupid. Anyway Comey was in a 10 year service situation u till Trump had to get rid of him. Clearly Trump s inexperience with government....nothing ever goes away.....led him to believe all his day to day corruption tactics would just work in this instance too. He s getting his come uppance no matter how it ends.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:38 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
If he lies five times a day his predecessor lied 10.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:29 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...35085820416000

Old 04-12-2018, 10:30 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Trump lies for personal gain ALL THE TIME. It is what got him elected.
It s what keeps him in a marriage past two weeks and minimizes his divorce payout week 3 to eternity. It s what he uses for his affairs, business deals, and on and on and on.
I agree. I didn't mean to say that he sometimes lies for the benefit of others. I think that is highly unlikely. Its just that sometimes I think he purposefully says something that he knows to be untrue, and sometimes he is just "shooting the breeze" - saying stuff that he likes the sound of, and he has no idea whether it is true or not, and really doesn't care. But in all cases, it is for personal gain.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
The point to me is that when he lies like this--where everything out of his mouth is suspect--
Then basically he negates truth ---
He has killed truth because he has NO veracity about anything except he hates HRC...
That I think we can take to the bank...

But knowing that he lies about all else, we are still like a vacillating compass needle next to a magnet
Everyone is left to set their own point of reference---and that allows too much leeway IMO
Especially when Trump will change an entire perspective like TPP within a short period of time
It is like playing "Where's Waldo"....

Old 04-12-2018, 10:40 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump is issuing a pardon for Scooter Libby--who was convicted of lying to the FBI and obstruction of justice regarding the investigation of who outed Valeri Plame--
Libby took the fall for Cheney
Bush commuted his sentence but would not pardon him--
He felt the crimes were serious and Libby deserved to suffer a certain punishment--ergo no pardon

Now Joe diGenova and his wife have been advocating on Fox News and elsewhere for a pardon for Libby and Trump did it although not announced yet...

You have to consider that this is just setting the stage for Trump doing the same thing for really worse crimes related to Mueller's investigation
Especially since Mueller apparently has a list of 4 factors related to obstruction of justice charges he will bring to Rosenstein soon...
One of those being the crafting of the letter on AirForce One to obscure the true reason for the meeting at Trump Tower...
^^^

Trump wants to have everyone focus on Scooter Libby and not all the important issues that are surrounding him. He’s busy keeping news stories from coming out about his infidelities, new kids that are his and what attack on Syria is telegraphed,,, that he didn’t telegraph,,,,, or talk about. He wants your attention on Scooter Libby not himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies