Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 03:53 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't see what the problem is. They were respectful and presented their opinion at the conclusion of the show.

Of course, what people are REALLY upset about is that these Millennials, Blacks, and Hispanics dare to speak against the mighty White VP elect. How dare they!

Trump, Pence, Sessions, Bannon, etc need to step outside their White nationalist echo chamber and accept that it's not 1956 anymore. They need to realize that a large portion of the population is frightened by the rhetoric and hate they are firing up.
Was Mike Pence allowed to respond? No. That's not a conversation so don't pretend like it was one. Mike Pence was there with his family to enjoy and engaging Broadway show, not to be called out by those that disagree with his policies. It's arrogant to suggest that only your ideas and views are always right and someone else's is always wrong.

That said, "White Nationalist"? Again using Democrat talking points destroys your credibility. It's becoming a trigger word to indicate blind allegiance to an political ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 03:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:
I don't see what the problem is. They were respectful and presented their opinion at the conclusion of the show.

Of course, what people are REALLY upset about is that these Millennials, Blacks, and Hispanics dare to speak against the mighty White VP elect. How dare they!

Trump, Pence, Sessions, Bannon, etc need to step outside their White nationalist echo chamber and accept that it's not 1956 anymore. They need to realize that a large portion of the population is frightened by the rhetoric and hate they are firing up.
No it was not done in a respectful manner. All they accomplish with that kind of classless behavior is further alienate the people that voted Trump in.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:54 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
How many of us would remain employed were we to stop working in our place of business in order to dress down a public official in the presence of other customers? I'm guessing not too many. It's not really any more complicated than that as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:55 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
@BrandonVDixon “@realDonaldTrump conversation is not harassment sir. And I appreciate @mike_pence for stopping to listen.”

Standing on a stage, stating your views towards a candidate in front of an audience is not a conversation. A conversation is an exchange of ideas via the spoken word. Mike Pence was not allowed to voice his ideas or opinions. Pence, to his credit, stood and listened... smiled and moved on.

The cast of Hamilton should apologize. Not for their views, but for the inappropriate use of a forum.
They have a public forum, just like Pence. And they very respectfully relayed to him a lot of fears and anxieties felt by people who otherwise have no voice with the new presidency.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:56 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Pence should have gone to a safe place like his church instead. He should take his boss with him.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:57 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
How many of us would remain employed were we to stop working in our place of business in order to dress down a public official in the presence of other customers? I'm guessing not too many. It's not really any more complicated than that as far as I'm concerned.
They're artists, not businessmen. I know you guys don't care much for the First Amendment these days, but it's not going anywhere.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:00 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:

That was offensive and not the proper forum. Taking the stage in front of an audience that paid huge $$$ to see a play, and spout unsolicited political BS directed at an audience member is low class.
The play is now damaged and possibly doomed.
But keep up the childish tantrums libs. It will keep your kind on the outside looking in, and irrelevant.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:01 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
They're artists, not businessmen. I know you guys don't care much for the First Amendment these days, but it's not going anywhere.
What's this "you guys" crap? What ignorant projection!

Are they compensated with paychecks paid to them by a corporation? Do they fill out W2's? Are they legally bound to follow OSHA/EOE laws? Yea? Then they're employees.

The First Amendment offers legal protection from incarceration by government, not termination from an employer.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:05 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You mean like what Jan Brewer, The Governor of Arizona did to the President of the United States?

Old 11-19-2016, 04:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
So what is clear is that Trump does not believe in the the First Amendment and being elected has not changed the thin-skinned immature tweeter one iota.

I'm sick to death of people who scream and scream about their Second Amendment right and are perfectly happy to let the new dictator elect tell people they cannot have free speech. He ran on hate--now he'll simply have to live with the consequences of the Pandora's Box he has opened.

"The president-elect has identified a much more frightening enemy that demands his fickle attention: Hamilton, the Broadway musical, where Vice President-elect Mike Pence was booed Friday night. This booing, according to the least polite man in America, is unacceptable..."

Donald Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies