Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 04:18 PM

575 posts, read 299,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That is bad but not nearly as bad as fraudulent wars.
Even President Elect Trump agrees with you

Trump: "Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 04:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant.
I would have to disagree with Trump, lying under oath is not unimportant. Most people do not realize the context, he was being sued for sexual harassment. The questions about Lewinsky came up because they were trying to show a pattern of sexual encounters with people working under him. Clinton lied under deposition.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:35 PM

575 posts, read 299,182 times
Quote:
Trump: Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.
Looks like we all agree. Bush was a Disaster.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Looks like we all agree. Bush was a Disaster.
I wouldn't call Bush a disaster or a liar, the disaster was bad Intel provided by Tenet which was capitalized upon by Cheney/Wolfowitz/Rumsfeld. Keep in mind that this was after years of Iraq stonewalling resolutions or outright ignoring them. A country that was actively developing a nuclear weapons program in the 90's and used chemical weapons against Iran and it's own people.

See this video of Powell, it's no accident Tenet is sitting behind him. Powell insisted on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErlDSJHRVMA

Old 11-20-2016, 05:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you promise not to me remind me about that I will promise not remind you about the decimation of the Democratic party at all levels of government over the last 8 years.

Here is an example of why your party is failing, I'm from PA so I know what's going on here as you should.

Senate leadership unchanged, Yudichak says Farnese
Get the old guard out of the way. Local state issues don't necessarily reflect the national mood. You should know this, you live here too. The tea party wave of 2014 wasn't seen in PA when Tom Wolf was elected governor. Your article is only a reflection of the state Democratic Party

Old 11-20-2016, 07:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Even President Elect Trump agrees with you
We will see.

Quote:
Trump: "Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true"
Trump has said a ton of conflicting things. Time will tell.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:32 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Need we remind you that Hillary won the popular vote by over a million. You have no mandate. You may have won, but you have no mandate
May I remind YOU that is does NOT matter that she won the popular vote. Trump will be sworn in as the 45 President of the United States.

IF the popular vote decided our elections the candidates would run their campaigns DIFFERENTLY.

Since we use the Electoral College system, THAT is all that counts.

You sound like typical liberal. You CAN'T win within the rules, so you whine but, but., but if the rule had only been different.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:40 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This was a program that was started well before Obama.
"This was a program that was started well before Obama"

Good, let's take the program BACK to what it was at its inception.

Are you for that?

Let's take Social security BACK to what it was when it was created.

Back then it was called the Widows and Orphan Fund. You might want to look it up.

Hell, let's take the Constitution BACK to what t was when originally passed.

Let's cancel ALL the amendments.

I bet you don't see how silly your comment is.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Get the old guard out of the way. Local state issues don't necessarily reflect the national mood. You should know this, you live here too. The tea party wave of 2014 wasn't seen in PA when Tom Wolf was elected governor. Your article is only a reflection of the state Democratic Party
Yudichack is local to me and represents an area that was instrumental in handing Trump his win in PA. While I can't agree with him 100% all of the time he's a straight shooter and a reasonable person. He'd get elected no matter what political label was before his name. I don't expect it but it wouldn't surprise me either if he simply switched parties.

Wolf did not win, Corbett lost if you get my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies