Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:13 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Notice -ever other day the forum is now about race... I'm tired of talking about it- anyone agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:14 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Madison Wisconsin (Midwest)... real bastion of country there right? Lol
Exactly there are still parts of the country in the middle that are liberal and small city or townish. Why do they act as though there is no part in the middle that's like the coasts?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't live in California, I live in Washington state. We have an eastern part of the state too. They complain all the time about the liberals but as soon as we say, fine, quit taking our tax dollars, they get very quiet. It's our money the funds the state but they want the power to control us. Sounds like the Electoral College.
With the electoral college power goes back and forth. With popular vote the power would always remain with the most populous states and metro areas. You just want to always win because you assume the other side is a remnant of this dying white patriarchy or something or other.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Exactly there are still parts of the country in the middle that are liberal and small city or townish. Why do they act as though there is no part in the middle that's like the coasts?
I've been from one tip to the other. I've never understood. Actually I do: theyvare as narrow minded and smug as the hill folk of my state of ky (not home state). Louisville is an example of that. That's a darn good point:

This state is all hillbilly right? Why are we the ones who do double hand transplants? Artificial hearts?
NC is all NASCAR? Why is Asheville considered the gay capital of the east with a festival that rivals San Francisco's gay pride?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Notice -ever other day the forum is now about race... I'm tired of talking about it- anyone agree?
Tired of it in 1982 when I was 8?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I've been from one tip to the other. I've never understood. Actually I do: theyvare as narrow minded and smug as the hill folk of my state of ky (not home state). Louisville is an example of that. That's a darn good point:

This state is all hillbilly right? Why are we the ones who do double hand transplants? Artificial hearts?
NC is all NASCAR? Why is Asheville considered the gay capital of the east with a festival that rivals San Francisco's gay pride?
Because they think the middle of the county hasn't developed. They think it's the 1960s and it's only NYC or CA or bust. They don't get that huge swaths of the country have developed. They see a sea of red on the electoral county map and think "yup it's still Deliverance in between NYC and SF because only the civilized areas are blue."

Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Tired of it in 1982 when I was 8?
Actually I almost always say ethnicity as there is only 1 race of humanity.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:

I wouldn't expect it to stay that way if McCrory pulls a win. Republicans never figured out that gays as a demographic are extremely affluent. We grasped that long ago while Republicans are still passing a GOP platform that is openly anti-gay.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I wouldn't expect it to stay that way if McCrory pulls a win. Republicans never figured out that gays as a demographic are extremely affluent. We grasped that long ago while Republicans are still passing a GOP platform that is openly anti-gay.
That is such a stereotypical myth. Most gays are not these Will and Grace lawyers that are all cosmo and stuff. You work on narratives.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
The left is anti-bad-white ('cause they're good )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies