Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by life4orce View Post
Cashiers do, and every single one I know who worked as one has many, many stories of abuse.
How would a cashier know if someone is abusing the system? Do they have access to their customer's financial records?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 10:49 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
perhaps if our mega tax exempt churches would step up to the plate we wouldn't have the need for food stamps.
You say tax exempt like its a bad thing. Many churches do step up. If people are buying empty calorie foods like sodas I'd question their need for help.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You say tax exempt like its a bad thing. Many churches do step up. If people are buying empty calorie foods like sodas I'd question their need for help.
But sodas aren't the only things included in the "sweetened beverages" category.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/defaul...yPurchased.pdf

Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 AM

1,529 posts, read 915,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Yes, Melania is classy and Michelle wasn't. It's very sad that people like you say terrible things and judge someone to be unclassy simply because they are black and/or their husband's politics don't align with your's. Kind of amusing you ignore that Melania worked as "undocumented" and pretty much admitted she married Trump for his money. Yep, that's class.

Btw, how were the Obama's family trips any different than paying for Bush (and now Trump) to regularly vacation at their second and third homes?????
You brought up the expense part relating to Melania. Also, you are reading something into my words that does not align with your views. I did not say anything unkind about the Obamas.

Where did you get that 'undocumented" and marrying Trump for his money nonsense from. Wouldn't be the liberal news media.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:23 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
while many churches step up, far too many don't. tax exempt is great for churches that feed the needy, help others. far too many don't. Instead others use their money to do nothing more than build a bigger, fancier temple to god. there should be a law requiring a certain percentage of dollars to go to the community or lose the status.

the churches could solve hunger in America if they had a mind to.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:29 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Eligible purchases on SNAP ...

Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream are food items and are therefore eligible items

Seafood, steak, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items

Trump's right ... only in the U.S. are poor people obese. Load up on Twinkies and Coke, get Type 2 diabetes, and then expect the U.S. to provide health care because you abused your body.
LOL...been to Europe lately?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
How would a cashier know if someone is abusing the system? Do they have access to their customer's financial records?
I would assume if you are scanning a card for Bill and you are Sally, that would give it away. They have the owners name and signature on them.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:35 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I would assume if you are scanning a card for Bill and you are Sally, that would give it away. They have the owners name and signature on them.
EBT cards work just like a credit/debit card. The customer slides it through the card reader. The cashier never touches it.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
of course they do. Our church, certainly not a mega church but a good size membership has a wonderful food pantry. People do need to show ID but we don't judge who is deserving by income or anything else, we are there to provide food for those who need it. Some families we see every month and others only come maybe once, while they are going through a crisis. We even provide groceries for diabetics and glueten free when we can.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:51 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
It is. I just said that.

LOL, liberal first tries to insult my income and now tries to talk up her own. All I know is she makes nice sandwiches for me when I tell her to.
For the life of me I cannot comprehend why people are still responding to your hateful, blather.

The bottom line facts are, Of food stamp recipients the first most recipients are children. The second is senior citizens on fixed income and the third is active duty military families.

And you sit here and have the gaul to demonize each group.
You need to go kick some puppies or something.

Why Oh Why is anybody even addressing your biased, corrupt message.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies