Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 02:01 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Its not my belief. It is fact.
That's fine. So according to you, it is fact that liberalism must be forced on people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 02:03 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
That's fine. So according to you, it is fact that liberalism must be forced on people.
Yes. Sadly people won't pay taxes for things like schools, military, welfare, etc. unless its mandated. I wish it were not true, but it is.

You can call it forced liberalism if it makes you feel better. I don't mind. <3

Old 12-05-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You can call it forced liberalism if it makes you feel better. I don't mind. <3

There, see? You fought so hard and then you caved in.

Liberals do believe that liberalism needs to be forced on people, who otherwise would reject their beliefs.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Really? It's odd because we have soup kitchens right now and they don't need that. Almost like you're intentionally making up layers of complexity which are total B.S. so that people accept your cash handouts.
Soup kitchens don't have buildings? They don't have trucks? They don't have workers to store the food and hand out the food and track the inventory and track who they are giving food to ? They don't have administrators to track where to get the food, and when to get the food and then schedule the trucks? They don't clean their buildings such as throw out garbage and clean toilets and shovel the snow?

Here is the annual report of a the Second Harvest Food Bank in California that handles 2 counties. Their annual budget is $118 million per year.

Annual Operating Expenses
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015

Programs/Food Distribution .........
$113,666,712

Management ......................................
$2,034,816
Fundraising .........................................
$3,117,562
Total .............................................
$118,819,090

https://www.shfb.org/docs/aboutus/an...nualreport.pdf

Last edited by sware2cod; 12-05-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 12-05-2016, 02:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
No, since I didn't say I agreed with her. I said that SHE proved that liberalism fails, if we accept all that she said.

But I do agree that liberals are too selfish to help others in need with their own money. That is because liberals are among the most selfish and greedy people on earth.
That's silly. Where's your actual, non-anecdotal evidence?

Let's be serious for a minute, though. With all the bellyaching I read about conservatives wanting to get rid of social programs, why in the world should anyone feel secure that they'll just go right on out and donate to poor people to keep them clothed, housed, and fed?

None. Zero. There is no evidence. If that charity method was working so well, we never would've wound up with the method we have now.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Soup kitchens don't have buildings? They don't have trucks? They don't have workers to store the food and hand out the food and track the inventory and track who they are giving good to ? They don't have administrators to track where to get the food, and when to get the good and then schedule the trucks? They don't clean their buildings such as throw out garbage and clean toilets and shovel the snow?
That's odd, almost like you think a soup kitchen is going to need to require vast bureaucracies and oversight. That's the liberal worldview. It's like if I said we should have a community pool, the next thing you know liberals have also erected six buildings and hired 300 pensioned employees to manage it for the summer.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:14 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Liberals are selfish??!! Ha! Ask all the conservatives to donate $X EXTRA dollars every month (not taxes) to help feed, clothe, house poor people and pay for medical and dental care.
Watch 'em scurry!

Last edited by applej3; 12-05-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 12-05-2016, 02:14 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Trump has no taxable income and will only earn $1/year for being POTUS. What about that makes him ineligible for welfare and Food Stamps?
Because no taxable income doesn't equate to no income. Salary is only one component of income. Already said that twice. You can have a salary of $1 and pay ZERO taxes while still bringing in millions of untaxable income.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:15 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Who said people have to use their food stamps to buy only "necessities?" As long as folks are not abusing their food stamps (i.e. making fraudulent purchases), I really don't give a hoot what they are buying. Just don't come crying for more when/if you run out early because you bought lobster, etc.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Because no taxable income doesn't equate to no income. Salary is only one component of income. Already said that twice.

Trump has no income. That's why he pays no tax. What do you not get about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies