Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 08:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Real life. See, I mentioned this already. Liberals always portray sob stories about poor people who "did everything right" but had a chance misfortune and "there but for the grace of [not God because they don't believe in Him usually], go I." And then they say "why, nobody could refuse to care for him!!" OK, put your money where your mouth is. If society as a whole supports giving money to that man and everyone else liberals demand we do, then they shouldn't mind doing so voluntarily. If they do not, well ...that pretty much proves that they actually don't support liberal views at all. Which liberals know, deep down inside, that they don't. Which is why they say they have to tell others what to do.

Oddly, conservatives have much more faith in people to donate to charity and to take care of their fellow man, just not blindly and through bureaucracies that are more intended to support administrators with high salaries.

Oh, if you want to be serious, then here's the thing: you don't get to tell anyone who to clothe, house, or feed. You can do that yourself with your own money. See, take the school lunch program. Odd how it started out as just covering a few people and now the majority of kids are on it. Almost like that was planned. Odd how suddenly it's possible for 95 million people to not be working and yet not have significantly ill consequences. Odd how every time we enact liberal programs, the only result is we need more of it. Odd how all of these programs are overseen by liberals who busily skim their part off the tops first. Odd, huh?

I mean, your main argument, if you want to be serious, comes down to: people don't do what I want them to do, so therefore I will have to make them do it because my way is right.
Noblesse oblige.

That's all there is to it.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
No, but apparently the liberal crowd is totally OK with that scenario, LOL.
Well, I guess I'm a social liberal, so I'll tell you that I'm in favor of people getting higher food allowances while on assistance so they can buy decent food.

I'd rather my taxes go there than to go to funding the Congressional healthcare and pension plans.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:56 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Because it ignores the information that I've put forth in the two links I have already presented in detail.
Real estate is NOT the only venture in which revenue does not necessarily equal income. I've explained that thoroughly. Not my fault you can't understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Clearly you haven't put forth any stance of your assertion. I've disproven many of your arguments you put forth regarding the process of SNAP and now Trump.
No, you haven't.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Real life. See, I mentioned this already. Liberals always portray sob stories about poor people who "did everything right" but had a chance misfortune and "there but for the grace of [not God because they don't believe in Him usually], go I." And then they say "why, nobody could refuse to care for him!!" OK, put your money where your mouth is. If society as a whole supports giving money to that man and everyone else liberals demand we do, then they shouldn't mind doing so voluntarily. If they do not, well ...that pretty much proves that they actually don't support liberal views at all. Which liberals know, deep down inside, that they don't. Which is why they say they have to tell others what to do.

Oddly, conservatives have much more faith in people to donate to charity and to take care of their fellow man, just not blindly and through bureaucracies that are more intended to support administrators with high salaries.
But how do you know liberals don't give to charity in addition to paying taxes? My husband and I do - monetarily and with our time and talents. Conservatives have blind faith in people to do so, especially in the amounts we would need. They ignore statistical and historical data that proves them wrong.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I never argued this.... I've shown two links that explained why Trump's situation is not the result of low/no AGI.
Actually, it is. Trump pays no federal income tax specifically because he has a no/low AGI. He's on an equal footing with someone with zero income in that regard according to SNAP eligibility requirements.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:01 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Real estate is NOT the only venture in which revenue does not necessarily equal income. I've explained that thoroughly. Not my fault you can't understand that.
Links explain why Real estate is a special case and why it applies to Trump

Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, it is. Trump pays no federal income tax specifically because he has a no/low AGI. He's on an equal footing with someone with zero income in that regard according to SNAP eligibility requirements.
Links explain why Trump has other income but the taxable income is reduced to zero via unrealized losses in Real estate.

It is common in real estate. Average income tax rate for real estate is 1% while those in other industries is 11%.

Zero taxable income does not equate to no income. Trump would not qualify for SNAP.

"Donald Trump pledged again Wednesday to keep putting his own money, $100 million or more, into his campaign by Election Day."

Trump pledges to spend $100 million on his campaign

Obviously he has enough income to finance his election campaign.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, it lists tax returns as one option to prove income.
Theoretical situation: Trump submits his tax return. His AGI is nothing or extremely low (which is why he pays $0 in federal income tax). How does that disqualify him from eligibility?

FWIW, several business owner posters on this forum have already stated they deliberately keep their AGI low so that they qualify for the ridiculously generous Obamacare subsidies to keep their premiums low.

Same concept. Some of you just don't like when others use the same rules to obtain the same benefits.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Links explain why Real estate is a special case and why it applies to Trump
And federal tax code applies to others in other industries, as well. Why do you deny that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies