Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 06:54 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well as I stated TPP may not be any good for the US but killing it off will defnitely be great for China, they will be in the drivers seat for that area of the world and dictate their terms to the surrounign countries. They welcome TPP's defeat.
Well good for them? How does that affect us? We don't make anything anymore anyway. Let them make their trade agreements and we'll make ours.

If a treaty does not benefit the American people, our politicans have no business partaking in them.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:55 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
What economical consequences are you talking about? Buying billions of dollars in Chinese made crap? who exactly is that going to hurt?

bill
Nobody goes to work. Businesses are shut down. Everybody stays at home. Nobody makes any money in a blackout.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:56 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Thanks if I need help I'll ask my dad who did many transatlantic trips in ww ii. Btw you do know how fast an ibm can move right?
LOL. What exactly does your Dad (I thank him for his service), WW2, and the speed of ICBM's have to do with moving and supplying an Army half way across the globe have to do with your earlier claim of China's military power?

please back out now while you have a tiny shred of dignity left.

bill

Old 12-02-2016, 06:57 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Nobody goes to work. Businesses are shut down. Everybody stays at home. Nobody makes any money in a blackout.
US companies would pop up overnight and wages would rise as the stores would still need to be stocked with merchandise. Workers go back to work and in turn buy products with their paychecks.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
US companies would pop up overnight and wages would rise as the stores would still need to be stocked with merchandise. Workers go back to work and in turn buy products with their paychecks.

The Northeast blackout of 2003 cost us billions of dollars. I certainly didn't go to work. Most stores in my area were not open.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:01 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Well good for them? How does that affect us? We don't make anything anymore anyway. Let them make their trade agreements and we'll make ours.

If a treaty does not benefit the American people, our politicans have no business partaking in them.
I am not sold on the TPP but if that fails who do we make our agreements with, India and China are going to be a tremendous economic force. We will no longer dictate the terms but we will still be an economic force in the world. People need to stop burying their heads in the sand like it's 1960, the world has changed and we need to adapt and be smart.

What Trump just did is not smart.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Yes, and that includes Chinese peasants who may not be inclined to starve to death for the chinese politicians butthurt over a phone call to a taiwan president.

bill

Old 12-02-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, and that includes Chinese peasants who may not be inclined to starve to death for the chinese politicians butthurt over a phone call to a taiwan president.

bill
We must be talking about completely different things. I was saying that while we may be superior to other countries in terms of our military, I'm not sure if we are not susceptible to a cyber attack that could shut down our country's electrical grid, water treatment systems, etc.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:06 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Well he was elected to blow Washington up...looks like he may be well on his way, taking the rest of the U.S. along for the ride.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:07 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
LOL. What exactly does your Dad (I thank him for his service), WW2, and the speed of ICBM's have to do with moving and supplying an Army half way across the globe have to do with your earlier claim of China's military power?

please back out now while you have a tiny shred of dignity left.

bill
My first point was I have familiarity with military logistics. My second point was that a nuclear tipped missle can get here pretty damned fast and doesn't need much suppprt to do it while still doing a hell of a lot of damage. So maybe your point is moot. I can try with crayons next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies