Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:05 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
THat would be the "let live" part of "live and let live".
No,my womb,not "Our womb".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 09:10 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
Good luck finding laborers to do the jobs mentioned above. I doubt you'll have any competent people to manage those industries as well. Wouldn't take much to generate our own power in NYC. The pencil pushers are the ones who are competent enough to do the math... a scary subject for some.
LOL, so city dwellers are intellectually superior and can count? This attitude is part of the reason the Democrats have done so badly over the last 6 years. The GOP thanks you, Trump thanks you and I thank. Keep up the good work.

You're missing the point, you can't have oil gas and coal without oil gas and coal. the shiny offie building can be anywhere.... The day to day operations of those industries that makes the whole thing go round are handled locally.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL, so city dwellers are intellectually superior and can count? This attitude is part of the reason the Democrats have done so badly over the last 6 years. The GOP thnks you, Trump thanks you and I thank. Keep up the good work.

You're missing the point, you can't have oil gas and coal without oil gas and coal. the shiny offie building can be anywhere.... The day to day operations of those industries that makes the whole thing go round are handled locally.
We'll be fine. If we need something we can buy it and we can shop globally, just the way Trump does when he bought Chinese steel. I bought cherries from South America at Costco the other day. The middle of the country can sell, or perhaps barter, with each other. As long as my tax dollars stay in blue areas, I would be very very happy with it.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:17 PM

589 posts, read 1,220,890 times
Quote:
LOL, so city dwellers are intellectually superior and can count? This attitude is part of the reason the Democrats have done so badly over the last 6 years. The GOP thanks you, Trump thanks you and I thank. Keep up the good work.

It's okay... i'm sure the only way we can power ourselves is via coal and gas

It's not like we don't have a bunch of people willing to sell it to us. Also helps that we have a port and can ship it in if need be. I'm hoping solar city to take over in the next 5 years.

I didn't lose anything from this election while you have lost everything so far it seems. Dunning Kruger in effect.

Math is everything... i'm sure it won't matter to you since you barely understand it.

Nutty Don convinced this guy that coal is coming back. Amazing

Also good luck living trapped in middle America. I'm sure access to trade is overrated. Perhaps the electronic device you're using will last the next 10 years while your group rolls backwards into the stone age.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
It's okay... i'm sure the only way we can power ourselves is via coal and gas
Here is just one example: https://pse.com/aboutpse/PseNewsroom...t-Resumes.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsBmwlxeXao

Old 12-09-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:

Math is everything... i'm sure it won't matter to you since you barely understand it.
Stick around and you'll see how well I understand math.

The GOP thanks you for this attitude, Trump thanks you and I thank you. Keep the comments like this coming.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The Northwest can do well with Hydro but that's not a viable solution for the rest of the country especially when the green nazi's get their panties in a bunch.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
The Northwest can do well with Hydro but that's not a viable solution for the rest of the country especially when the green nazi's get their panties in a bunch.
We aren't the rest of the country and we are very very green.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Who's they? Farmers? In my area we have enough organic gardens and greenhouses to supply us well and that's not counting all the urban chickens.
There are several "organic" dairy and general farms, run by sole proprietors and their families, within a few miles of where I'm writing this, and they're usually looking for help.

Come on out and get yourself a real job; I'm sure your opinions will be welcomed -- after a few months of rising at 5 AM to milk (twice a day) and spending the in-between hours in a field under a hot sun.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
There are several "organic" dairy and general farms, run by sole proprietors and their families, within a few miles of where I'm writing this, and they're usually looking for help.

Come on out and get yourself a real job; I'm sure your opinions will be welcomed -- after a few months of rising at 5 AM to milk (twice a day) and spending the in-between hours in a field under a hot sun.
Why would I do that when I live in Seattle and can buy local?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies