Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 08:00 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

I live in Los Angeles of course a very liberal city .
Even the "educated " people are pretty ignorant about much of the country.

They are more likely to go to Europe before they go to the Midwest or the south .

They view someone living in their country but in a "flyover " state as being more foreign than someone in London , Paris or Berlin

I also find it amusing that liberals act like 100% of people in blue states or liberal cities vote Dem .
In Beverly Hills for example majority voted Trump

3.5 Million voters in CA voted Trump

Last edited by jm1982; 12-09-2016 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 08:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The scenario you paint isn't that simple, and everyone beyond the "fresh off the boat" stage knows that. The problem is the millions of Special Snowflakes with their worthless degrees ("participation trophies" for supposed "adults") who've been led to expect $20/hr, and to go on SSI disability when the plan fails to materialize.
Disability recipients all have college degrees and live on the coasts? Is there a source for this? I don't know a single disability recipient.

Wait, there's this:

The four counties with the highest percentages of SSI recipients are in Kentucky. In Owsley, Breathitt, Clay and Wolfe counties, between 16.5% and 19.2% of the populations receive SSI benefits.

Almost 20% of the population is on disability?!

Entitlement beneficiaries: Who are they and where do they live? – Pam Allison

It appears the OP has a point.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:05 PM

589 posts, read 1,221,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I live in Los Angeles of course a very liberal city .
Even the "educated " people are pretty ignorant about much of the country.

They are more likely to go to Europe before they go to the Midwest or the south .

They view someone living in their country but in a "flyover " state as being more foreign than someone in London , Paris or Berlin
People like to travel to experience different cultures from different countries... it's part of growing as a person by adopting different perspectives. The flyover states have made it clear they have no interest in this.

I rather adopt the perspective that allows me to travel freely around the world rather than holed up in some shack in the middle of America.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Heard this tonight in an online game.

Amazing how stupid liberals are. I've always noticed the coastal states require safe spaces, tons of regulation, and supervision, but much of the interior of the country is far more live and let live, and do your own thing.

They would not survive without food, if they cut them off

Old 12-09-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You would not survive without food, if they cut you off
Who's they? Farmers? In my area we have enough organic gardens and greenhouses to supply us well and that's not counting all the urban chickens.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Who's they? Farmers? In my area we have enough organic gardens and greenhouses to supply us well and that's not counting all the urban chickens.

Ya, I'm game. Let the blue dots on the sea of red, grow their own food.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:26 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Heard this tonight in an online game.

Amazing how stupid liberals are. I've always noticed the coastal states require safe spaces, tons of regulation, and supervision, but much of the interior of the country is far more live and let live, and do your own thing.
Incorrect, Maine is a coastal state and has amongst the lowest crime of any state in the US.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:27 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
I think they grow "food' in California and NY. LOL

Old 12-09-2016, 08:27 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
People like to travel to experience different cultures from different countries... it's part of growing as a person by adopting different perspectives. The flyover states have made it clear they have no interest in this.

I rather adopt the perspective that allows me to travel freely around the world rather than holed up in some shack in the middle of America.
But have you been to any of these flyover states ?

Old 12-09-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
As long as we get to keep our tax money within the blue areas, I'm completely for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies