Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:44 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I am not a fan of Obama but he has done some good things and he has done some things that make a sane person scratch their heads and wonder if he actually likes America.

As for his stuttering speech patterns it is like he is searching for the right words knowing how they will be dissected by the right or is he channeling his inner Martin Luther King.?
No - it's called being thoughtful as well as discerning since Presidents can move both markets and world events, by ill chosen words and thoughts.

Big mouth Donny will figure this out sooner or later, just hope by the time he does it won't be to late for all of us.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:46 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No - it's called being thoughtful as well as discerning since Presidents can move both markets and world events, by ill chosen words and thoughts.

Big mouth Donny will figure this out sooner or later, just hope by the time he does it won't be to late for all of us.
Like when he chooses to bad mouth our country's citizens, history, and heritage when speaking abroad in foreign countries? Yep, real thoughtful of him.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:47 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Is that what he is asking ????

How did you get that from his OP ?????
All I got was "don't you hate how Obama thinks before he talks..."

Old 12-11-2016, 12:50 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Isn't it quite obvious by now that his words and actions don't match up?

It's even more obvious to me how carefully he tries to speak "uhhh.... uhmm... (let me search for the safest word that makes me look really good here)."

I can't believe more people aren't immensely disappointed at this failure of a president who promised REAL change. Was he talking about his underwear or what?
Another anti-Obama thread. Yawn.

What you see as superficiality is in itself superficially looking at something. Superficiality is when you don't look very deep and get us into a war in Iraq...like the Republicans did...and we have been suffering from that ever since. What you see as superficiality is NOT making knee-jerk, simplistic decisions.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:50 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
Ok, we get it, you don't like Obama. No sweat, he is retiring, so start concentrating on the kind of job your new boy does. I think we will have a LOT to talk about in the coming months/years.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:54 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
General Motors is alive and OBL is Dead

Stock Market has nearly tripled

Unemployment is 4.6% down from 10.2%

Gas is slightly above $2.00

20 million have healthcare that didn't have it before

Out of Iraq

Iran agreement - preventing a proxy war by Israel

Major Climate Agreement

No scandals of any kind

Get my drift and more where that came from!
Trading Terrorist for Deserters
# of Billionaires doubling while decimating the middle class
Still in Afghanistan after OBL was killed
Back in Iraq
Deposing heads of state and creating chaos in Libya
Trying to depose Syria's president and giving arms to Isis
IRS Scandal- having IRS investigate his political Rivals
Bengazi Scandal
Fast and Furious Scandal and his criminal AJ Holder
Lying to the public on Obama care- Where's my Doctor and $2500 savings?
Friend of the Muslim Brotherhood
Using Executive powers to grant Amnesty to Illegal Aliens
Throwing every law enforcement branch under the bus
Having his current AJ, Lynch, conspire with Democratic Candidates Husband
And of course there's more where that cane from.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:55 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, we get it, you don't like Obama. No sweat, he is retiring, so start concentrating on the kind of job your new boy does. I think we will have a LOT to talk about in the coming months/years.
No way an ego that big will retire and to away.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-11-2016 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-11-2016, 01:00 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
To see what ol' Obama is really up to you have to follow the news pretty closely. Most people don't do that, understandably so. So most people just see a five second clip of him sounding smart and reasonable in a speech and they think that that's all there is to him.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:02 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Obama, the Manchurian President.

Chur him on.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:22 PM

684 posts, read 515,117 times
It's not about his skin color or his name B Obama

I liked Obama when he was new, fresh, and full of promise back in 2008. It was an added bonus that he was black simply because I thought to myself that him being the first black president might help a lot of the racial issues that people so much like to dwell in.

As time passed I discovered Obama was was an empty suit with empty promises and outright lies. I began to dislike him not because he is black but rather because of all his failures, lies, and arrogance. The sad part of it all was racial divide I had hoped he could help heal was made much worse by him with all the salt he continued to pour into it.

Today a I reflect on his presidency I think him being black combined with his failures as a president have actually hurt the black community more than helped it. His record of lies, loss, and ineffectiveness will be tied to him being black and help reinforce that negative black stereo type.

Having said that I'm sure he's a decent guy to have a beer with or maybe even dinner but he is far from the the top of my list of people I'd like the honor of one day meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies