Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That's not what it shows. Russia's leader is Russia's leader. He can be anything he wants because they are a sovereign nation and we have no control over that.
Thugs are always what they want to be, but it does not mean US leadership has to gush compliments and appeasement toward them like team Trump is doing. Alt-Right and communists are an interesting alliance. We'll see how it works out. Who knows what happens when money is the uniting factor. Usually nothing good comes out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 09:25 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Now wait a minute... y'all trumpissts were all over the place, defending him when everyone was laughing at trump's big mission to Louisiana when he delivered PlayDoh. He obviously thought it was a great idea.

And, so, you understand and confirm this idea that many people's "therapy of choice" will be laughing at nasty trump tweets and the resulting jokes, skits on SNL, cartoons... it'll be great!

The jokes told at work about the Obamas were...how do I put this inoffensively...edgier. Go ahead and scold me and my co-workers for laughing if you feel justified.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 12-21-2016 at 09:35 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 09:58 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The jokes told at work about the Obamas were...how do I put this inoffensively...edgier. Go ahead and scold me and my co-workers for laughing if you feel justified.

You mean racist,right?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Who does KO work for these days? It seems like a very long time since I heard his name mentioned. The video has a GQ logo on the screen. He works for a men's fashion magazine? Really? I never thought of him as a snappy dresser when he was barking at O'Reilly for all of those years. Maybe it's Trump's ties that have Olbermann all shook up.

"Those that support him (meaning Trump)" obviously don't read/watch KO.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:37 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
It's not possible to humiliate Trump. He proved that when he was not humiliated by the release of the P**** Tape. That tape showed what an immoral, vile person he is....and he did not care. He was not embarrassed, much less humiliated. He's a predator. Predators are never humiliated.

His hard core supporters can not be humiliated. Their complete, unquestioning devotion to the Predator-elect excludes them from being humiliated by whatever stupendously sick, idiotic and corrupt thing he does.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:48 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Someone really should inform Mr. Olbermann that, in order to be insulted or humiliated by his words, one must first value his opinion. Guess what? No one with an IQ over 70 has ANY respect for his opinion. I'm far more concerned with my dog's opinion of someone than his.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:22 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

You mean racist,right?
The ones about Barry, yes. The Michelle Obama jokes were mostly "fat and ugly" jokes. really cruel stuff. Sorry, but we all laughed.

In counterpart, lawyers like to tell jokes, but get really mad when you tell LAWYER jokes (I know and have told many). The brunt of the most racist Obama stuff was when I worked at a law firm (the firm where I worked was pretty racist). I now work at a school district...the Obama jokes have been pretty homogenized, but still funny. The Michelle jokes are still rampant. Not nasty or cruel, just poking fun at what she's done to our lunch menus.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 12-21-2016 at 11:39 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 11:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

You mean racist,right?
Srsly. I thought we were doing away with this PC crap. IF your friends told racist jokes about the Obamas - just say so.

Easy peasy.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:23 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's quite simple, they think that we are wrong and that they are right (no pun intended). I don't like, but do tolerate the right wing blowhards (freedom of speech and all), but I think they don't even want to tolerate us on the left
It's OK for Mitch McConnell to say that his #1 priority is to make Obama a one -term president, but god forbid that anyone should say something bad about "Little Hands".

I don't think so. What goes around comes around.

It's time to scrutinize every single thing " Little Hands" does

Old 12-21-2016, 01:00 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama was trashed non-stop, so it's obvious a guy like Trump will get trashed. His behavior practically begs for it.
Exactly. The jokes are going to write themselves

I already bought tickets to see Lewis Black in March
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies