Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 05:22 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If he had said that about Obama, he'd make the front pages of every newspaper in the country, get villified as a racist and then get fired.
Well to be fair I'm not sure you can get fired from making homemade webcasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 05:28 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The money the illegals earn goes to their spending money, and the welfare money goes to their expenses. The tax base is nothing . Welfare is taking the debt to where it has never been before. Obama was a job killer. Our trade deficit went on for too long. The illegals send billions back to Mexico. We send moneys to the middle east for oil. We have drained our economy to where we are broke and the debt is gigantic.

The housing crisis is going to happen again and more foreclosures are looming around the corner. We are a nation that is broke. We should have put in Trump decades ago.
Most right-wing talking points are so wrong that they are obviously "conspiracy theory" drivel, which can never be dispproven because every fact is just "another part of the conspiracy." But I think I'll take the time to address two points that demonstrate the ignorance of the far-right.

Right-wing Myth #1
"Obama is a job killer" = FALSE.
Right-wing nuts hate facts, which makes drivel claims like this one laughable when it is so easily proven false:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_c...idential_terms

In short, jobs were created under Obama. You can also look up the unemployment rate, which declined greatly during his time in office. Meanwhile, jobs are typically lost when Republicans run the show. Big surprise... not.

Right-wing Myth #2
"Welfare is making us broke" FALSE.

10% of the budget goes to welfare programs, and 16% goes to the military, which means the military is "making us bankrupt" faster than giving money to poor brown people, which is what this is really about since it's clearly not about the actual money being spent.

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

US Welfare Budget: US Federal Budget FY12 Estimated Spending Breakdown - Pie Chart

Federal Spending by the Numbers 2014: Government Spending Trends in Graphics, Tables

You can also see how much Social Security and Medicare make up in the budget (about 50% total), but right-wing nuts are never eager to cut those programs because, after all, angry old white people benefit from them. Better to cut the far smaller welfare programs since only "those people" supposedly benefit from them. Yeah, the rest of us see through the bigotry, guys.

As for the notion that we should have elected Trump sooner to fix bankruptcy and real estate problems, are you kidding? Trump's financial record is a disaster and he's the type of clown who stands to profit from real estate bubbles so he can sell off extra assets he has to wipe out his debt! Get real, guys - you couldn't have picked a less qualified candidate for the job!

Old 12-20-2016, 05:32 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Liberals don't have to do anything to humiliate trump - other than simply repeat what he says and does.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:33 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Trump is going to be every American's president; that's how it works.
Not really. He's president in title and his ability to act, yes, but many people will - wisely - never accept him. He's a morally bankrupt slimebag of a sexual predator who pays neither his taxes nor his employees. The majority of voters in the nation have wit enough not to elect a clown like that - a glorified Caligula crossed with a Russian sock-puppet - to the office of president. Sadly, the system allowed him the job anyway, but he's not my president, and whatever failures he commits while in office will not be on me. I can sleep easy at night knowing that, but what's to come is on the hands of the suckers who voted for him.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:38 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
I fully expect that the Democrats are going to go full-speed sabotage on Trump for the next four years. It will be interesting to see if this is a great success or backfires on them. Honestly, the American people need the government to actually work for them. All of this squabbling between the two parties is the most significant thing making them completely useless. America would do better if the Democrat and Republican Parties would just die off entirely.

Trump does have that certain gift of gab and he may well make the Democrats and their news media empire looks stupid repeatedly. I do think that they're going to try to stop him from doing absolutely everything (like was saw in reverse with Obama). The single greatest test of Trump's presidency is going to be whether he can not only overcome it, but make the Democrats look stupid in the process. Should be entertaining at least.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:40 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Look, you guys have your own loudmouthed political guys (Hannity, Limbaugh, etc) so why shouldn't the left ? I find this guy radical and annoying, but he has his followers, just as yours do.

I do however never plan to call Trump anything other than Trump. Never President.
Hannity and Limbaugh have successful careers with millions of fans. Obermann's career has been spiraling downward for the past 20 years after ESPN fired him. Now all he is doing is You tube videos for GQ magazine.

If this is your equivalent of Hannity or Limbaugh it tells of how irrelevant liberal politics is today.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:42 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Eh. Anyone remember...
Obummer?

20% on the right having tantrums
followed by 20% on the left having tantrums
and the middle 60% powerless and politically homeless,

Didnt vote for Trump.
I truly hope he proves me wrong.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,875,332 times
He can call Trump whatever he likes. Makes no difference. I have been calling Obama every name in the book for eight years and it didn't matter either.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:57 AM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If he had said that about Obama, he'd make the front pages of every newspaper in the country, get villified as a racist and then get fired.
Actually he made some dumb statements about Lou Dobbs back in 2009 because of Dobbs anti immigration and birther stance, got really heated and it was rather big news. Then Dobbs left CNN for fox news.

I think this is the only way for Olbermann to get noticed. These people are embarrassing, time to move on the election I over.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:58 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
Quote:
Those were the words of Keith Olbermann after Trump secured the EC today.
The way to deal with this anti-american personality and his network is to see who is advertising with them and write those advertisers and let them know you will not be buying or using any of their products or services - and then don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies