Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 02:04 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,679,819 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump is the epitome of what the usual suspects here on CD have to offer in their snarky one liner posts. The total lacking in manners, the lacking in tact, diplomacy, and thoughtfulness, has brought this creature to our lives, he is simply a reflection of the subconscious of those who voted for him. I didn't approve of the Clintons, but party politics being what they are, we don't have good choices anymore, and perhaps we will never have any, ever again. Who cares about what Tom Arnold says anyway, we all knew this egomaniac way before Tom decided to open up with his own brand of revelation.

Trump is the product of a socially adept life of leisure and privilege, his tower abode only underscores his complete disconnect from those who have placed their hopes of a better future on a man who never had to worry about his own future for one minute. He will say anything to "belong" to that group of upperclassmen who wear their wealth and class in a way that speaks silently and disapprovingly to the proles lack of it. Yet he has been egged on by his handlers to spew the most vile speech in order to reach out to the real and unapologetic racists, homophobes, uber nationalists and others that this prep school boy would never associate with but for his own advancement.

I'm not as upset at the Trumpster as much as I am confounded by his supporters, Donald is Donald, and we all knew him from his TV circus past, and the self congratulatory nonsense of his books. He then morphed into a political type and in that process allowed us a glimpse into his heretofore little known quirks (birther) that have finally blossomed into the full blown ego maniac mode of being "The Donald." I think Trump is one of those prep school guys that at times felt awkward around the blue collars of his business visits with his father.

I always wonder how he regarded them, looking at them with his class conscious views honed from all that classism that those schools have been known for. And for that reason I see his being the working man's champ a bit off putting. No one has ever reached the White House as it's main occupant unless they have come from the party's pantry of savvy and polished candidates, but Trump's wealth will, and should provide us our first real clue as to his ability to relate to the common man.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:26 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Let me guess, you disagree with Tom Arnold but you can't refute his evidence. Sign of childish ways and unstable, irrational thinking.
What evidence?

Old 12-20-2016, 04:32 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There was murmuring when the other video was released about the existence of even worse statements on the Apprentice set. Perhaps this is it.
Yeah, I believe the "murmurs" about as much as I believe Tom Arnold. If it was bad, it would have been released. But if it wasn't all that bad, but they could get more mileage out of talking about it instead of releasing it, then that's what they would do (and did).

Do you honestly think anyone at NBC would let that go without leaking it to some news organization, especially after the Comey letter in October? It's just not possible, so my conclusion is they may have had a tape that wasn't really that bad, but insinuated it was horrible because the insinuation alone would be enough for many people. Or, their own people sounded just as bad as Trump and they didn't want to Billy Bush them.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:29 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It would not have made any difference to the low information and white supremacists supporters of Donald Trump. Remember that Trump stated that he could shoot anyone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight but would not lose one vote.
...and you wonder why you're solo for life... the rest of us don't have any doubt...

Old 12-20-2016, 05:34 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,905 times
There’s Allegedly ‘Apprentice’ Footage of Donald Trump Saying the N-Word

This was reported all the way back in October. None of this is new. Rick Wilson also hinted at more oppo back in October of Trump forcing his female employees to sign NDAs since he paid for their abortions after he slept with them. There is also a rumor of a Trump sex tape that took place in Moscow in which he participated in an orgy. All of this was hinted at in October but these were never released for a variety of reasons.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 PM

809 posts, read 747,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm a former Democrat with a masters in Electrical Engineering. Doesn't make any difference to me either or for that matter the people from all demographics who voted for Trump.

Get back to us if you ever figure it out or be prepared for more losses from the party who thinks they are "smarter" than everyone else.
Why are you interjecting your personal situation into this thread? Since you went there, I'll say that an MSEE has less value than I thought.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:57 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
how is this any different from any other successful businessman. I know many that cuss like a sailor but still does businesss the right way

Old 12-20-2016, 07:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Let me guess, you disagree with Tom Arnold but you can't refute his evidence. Sign of childish ways and unstable, irrational thinking.
What evidence? Because someone says? You have to quit going down that road. lol

Old 12-21-2016, 12:42 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Roseanne Arnold has really come out as an independent thinker and is very critical of the establishment. I guess she's persona non grata in Hollywood but you have to admire somebody that isn't afraid to speak her mind like that.
But hypocrites will attack Trump for what he may or may not have said but will ignore anyone on the left guilty of the same thing. So agreed, let's move on. Nobody cares about racism in Hollywood or politics, even if they say they do or make a living decrying it.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:24 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Whats the angle here? Arnold makes zero sense coming out now.

Yup , if he had ,he would have sold them,back to trump for a boat load of money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies