Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I don't like Trump much, but I'm really tired of the "he's racist" ****. It's low hanging fruit. Most of the damage he does, in this regard, is only in what he says. His actions really don't reflect racism. And quite frankly, saying things isn't racism. Everyone called Paula Dean a racist because she said ****** once 9 years ago, but does that actually imply that she feels other races are objectively inferior? No, not really.

The problem with making 'soft racism,' if we can call it that, into a serious issue, is it makes the whole issue less engaging. Getting mad at some questionable language makes people tire of hearing about racism. That means when someone announces that black people are inferior and shoots up a church, the gravity of that situation carries a little less weight. Certainly, people were mad about that, but we didn't address much aside from 'racism is bad' (duh; we also think cancer is bad too, right?) and that we need gun control. Nothing else. And there's a lot more to that which matters.
It's worse than that even. simply not voting for Obama, or disagreeing with some legislation he proposes or his foreign policies earns you the title of "racist"

Old 12-21-2016, 07:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, I believe the "murmurs" about as much as I believe Tom Arnold. If it was bad, it would have been released. But if it wasn't all that bad, but they could get more mileage out of talking about it instead of releasing it, then that's what they would do (and did).

Do you honestly think anyone at NBC would let that go without leaking it to some news organization, especially after the Comey letter in October? It's just not possible, so my conclusion is they may have had a tape that wasn't really that bad, but insinuated it was horrible because the insinuation alone would be enough for many people. Or, their own people sounded just as bad as Trump and they didn't want to Billy Bush them.
For Arnold to claim he has the smoking gun of dirt on Trump is highly unlikely.

To the lunatic left, every Republican is a racist, misogynist, homophobe who hates the poor and elderly, and wants to poison the air and water, and essentially wants everyone to die. So by November, every bit of dirt or manufactured fake news is hurled at the Republican candidate to take him out.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:30 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
... you disagree with Tom Arnold but you can't refute his evidence.
Evidence is something you can you put your hands on, see or hear. At this point it's an undocumented claim by a washed up actor.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:59 AM

601 posts, read 593,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
For Arnold to claim he has the smoking gun of dirt on Trump is highly unlikely.

To the lunatic left, every Republican is a racist, misogynist, homophobe who hates the poor and elderly, and wants to poison the air and water, and essentially wants everyone to die. So by November, every bit of dirt or manufactured fake news is hurled at the Republican candidate to take him out.
Is that not what many Republican party policies point toward?

I hate to break it to you, but as a general whole, repubs have been at the forefront of anti-choice, anti-environmental, voting disenfranchisement, LGBT disenfranchisement, anti-social security, anti-union, and anti-entitlement policies. This is common fact and is not up for debate.

Also, I thought Roseanne Barr was a Trump supporter. Perhaps this is Tom's motivation for this outburst.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
There’s Allegedly ‘Apprentice’ Footage of Donald Trump Saying the N-Word

This was reported all the way back in October. None of this is new. Rick Wilson also hinted at more oppo back in October of Trump forcing his female employees to sign NDAs since he paid for their abortions after he slept with them. There is also a rumor of a Trump sex tape that took place in Moscow in which he participated in an orgy. All of this was hinted at in October but these were never released for a variety of reasons.
Not a variety. Only one reason, they weren't true.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
when does the new season start? I feel like this is a nice way to promote the show.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:12 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
No one has ever reached the White House as it's main occupant unless they have come from the party's pantry of savvy and polished candidates, but Trump's wealth will, and should provide us our first real clue as to his ability to relate to the common man.
You call Obummer being a JUNIOR Senator, savvy and polished?? Surely you jest.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:02 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well good for him but what's the point, this was known already and he's late to the party at this point.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/tom-arn...104532880.html
That will only increase the number of Trump voters

Old 12-21-2016, 03:10 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Nor is "hope" a strategy. I keep thinking "someone" will step in and stop this national tragedy, but who is that "someone"? Who will step up to the plate on January 20th and immediately file for impeachment if Trump still has businesses (which it would appear certain at this late date that he still will have ownership)? Or if the kids are still playing both sides of the ball? Can the Supreme Court even swear him in if, buy doing so, he is in immediate violation of the Constitution?
If you are referring to the Emoluments Clause, the only people whose opinions matter re whether or not Trump would be violating it are members of Congress. IMO, with both chambers controlled by Republicans, Republicans aren't going to vote to impeach, try, and convict him to secure removal from office.....unless he does something while in office than would give them unquestioned cover to do so. I don't see that happening. If that is correct, then he'll be POTUS until at least January of 2019, and through at least January of 2021 if Democrats don't capture both chambers during the midterms (dems capturing both...a huge long shot at this point).

Old 12-21-2016, 03:13 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
So what? Trump's supporters don't care that he's a racist or sexually assaults women. That's abundantly clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies