Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 09:22 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What a short memory you have.

The Dems can follow the example of Mitch McConnell who said his #1 goal was to make Obama a one-term President. The GOP followed suit and became complete obstructionists on virtually everything for eight years - regardless of harm to the country. The list of this obstruction is long and extended into every branch of government - failure to approve appointments, failure to raise the debt ceiling, and worse.

The party and ideology always came first.

So, tell us - is it McConnell's version of "grow up and accept what is" what you mean?

There are plenty of Dems in and out of Congress who will be more than happy to follow Republican McConnell's definition of "work to make your country better" - work their darndest to see that Trump fails and is a one-term President. Given the carnival barker, lying madman that has been elected and the nuts he's appointed (Matt Flynn I'm lookin' at you), it is their patriotic duty to do so, it would appear, lest we all go over the abyss.

I'm w/Michelle. If we survive Trump, it will be a miracle.
I actually have no issue with Michelle Obama using that term at all.. It's mainly because Trump was so decisive and hateful towards ALL adversaries ( including his own party)..But while never ever being clear about policy..just blamed or shamed others ..denied anything coming his way..Is it a wonder why many feel in fear of what's to come. Cabinet choices and his constant tweeting..encourages that..then of course..He obviously want's to negotiate..but in the meantime escalate fears not jst in USA but world wide.

Last I heard..Trump wants to escalate Nuclear War Heads..Yikes..USA has spent over a generation to rid the world of them.. Gees..I recall the day when "Fallout Shelter's were noted on every block with their Godforsaken Signs!! Let's hope no one has to endure the constant sense of threat like I did back in the 50's and 60's!! It was frightening even as a youngster..

Old 12-22-2016, 09:35 PM

207 posts, read 507,856 times
I started a thread about this but it was deleted:

I could not believe what I heard, Michelle Obama said she has no hope in her last interview with Oprah before leaving the White House. What kind of first lady tells her country there is no hope? It's arrogant, big-headed and delusional. So when Obama was in the white house we had hope, but now that her party loss and they're ending their term, there is no hope?

Maybe in her inner circle, but to many finally after 8 years THERE IS HOPE!! The sad thing about her message is, even if she truly believes it in her heart that there is no hope, shouldn't she as first lady deliver a hopeful message to lift up the people of her country? That's what a dignified, intelligent and wise first lady would have done in that very important role. What ever happened to 'when they go low, we go high??' Isn't that a phrase she coined? Unfortunately, Michelle will leave on a very low note, Obama with his legacy of failures, the holocaust in Aleppo, the obliteration of the democratic party losing over 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats!! I can't wait for the Obama's to pack their bags and leave the white house. Jan. 20 can't come fast enough!

Last edited by vesperbelle; 12-22-2016 at 09:49 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 10:02 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperbelle View Post
I could not believe what I heard, Michelle Obama said she has no hope in her last interview with Oprah before leaving the White House. What kind of first lady tells her country there is no hope? It's arrogant, big-headed and delusional. So when Obama was in the white house we had hope, but now that her party loss and they're ending their term, there is no hope?
Not when this country has elected an ignorant madman who appoints wingnuts as advisors, there isn't any hope. None at all.

Obama was intelligent. He had an actual INTELLECT - nonexistent in his successor. So, no, there isn't any hope.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Michelle will leave on a very low note, Obama with his legacy of failures, the holocaust in Aleppo, the obliteration of the democratic party losing over 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats!!
Oh, give it up. Trump's lies fell on weak minds - exacerbated by the GOP determination to NEVER allow Obama to do anything positive.

Hah, given what Obama faced when he took office in 2008, it's a wonder this country is standing. Stock market - even before Trump - is now at an all time high, recovered from 6,000, auto industry recovered, low unemployment.

But in your mind all of that is bupkus. You'd rather we had gone over the cliff in 2008????

Last time we elected a President with the electoral vote, the whole gd country almost went over the cliff. Obama dug us out of that. But, clearly you were asleep during those days. I will NEVER forget that time. It was horrible - for years. But, Obama had the INTELLIGENCE and PATIENCE to choose competent advisors and gradually we dug ourselves out of the ditch created by the GOP.

It's coming again - Trump will be a disaster. Bank on it. All the GOP knows is war, running up debt, tax breaks for themselves, and ultimate recession/depression.

Quote:
I can't wait for the Obama's to pack their bags and leave the white house. Jan. 20 can't come fast enough!
And, you are in the minority.

There are almost 3 million people in this country who would prefer anyone but Trump.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:19 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why would she say something like this? What evidence does she have that Trump has any agenda against anyone? Seems to me that all he wants to do is secure the border, deal with illegals in the country whether it be through legalization or deportation...but he will not ignore the problem.

He has no known prejudices against anyone really. He has a long track record of hiring a diverse workforce and treating them fairly.

All I can see is he wants to make fair deals for our country and save/regain as many American jobs as possible.

So why would she say something like this? Because he talks like a man and sometimes hurts people's feelings? I don't get it.

Does anyone have a lack of hope because Donald is taking over at President? What the hell did Obama do that inspired any hope?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8mOlc4S8nE
Half the country has a lack of hope with Trump. They think our freedom and democracy will be gone because Trump will be a dictator. He has already told Ryan and McConnell that what he says goes and they need to step in line. We have the white supremacists saying hail Trump. Honestly, posters on here say democrats are just sore loses which is just not the case. People are truly scared of this egotistical narcissist in office. Redundant wording, I know

Old 12-23-2016, 05:28 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,880 times
Quote:
What a short memory you have.

The Dems can follow the example of Mitch McConnell who said his #1 goal was to make Obama a one-term President. The GOP followed suit and became complete obstructionists on virtually everything for eight years - regardless of harm to the country. The list of this obstruction is long and extended into every branch of government - failure to approve appointments, failure to raise the debt ceiling, and worse.

The party and ideology always came first.

So, tell us - is it McConnell's version of "grow up and accept what is" what you mean?

There are plenty of Dems in and out of Congress who will be more than happy to follow Republican McConnell's definition of "work to make your country better" - work their darndest to see that Trump fails and is a one-term President. Given the carnival barker, lying madman that has been elected and the nuts he's appointed (Matt Flynn I'm lookin' at you), it is their patriotic duty to do so, it would appear, lest we all go over the abyss.

I'm w/Michelle. If we survive Trump, it will be a miracle.
So you think I have a short memory because you think I like and support obstructionist Mitch McConnell and now need to face the music ? You assume I'm a republican (and that of course would automatically mean I love Mitch McConnell) because I very much disagree with something Michelle Obama said ?

I don't have a party, and haven't for quite a number of years now. I don't like obstructionist people period, regardless of their party affiliation, or lack thereof.

I think if you look, objectively if you can, you'll find members of both parties over the past any number of years have been obstructionist when they have had to power to do so. If you think it's just republicans that are the problem, you're mistaken, and you'd be mis-identifying the problem in Washington DC. The problem isn't any particular party....it's the general attitude.....and a bad destructive, win at all costs attitude that knows no party boundaries.

Trumps no republican, I know that, and I think many others do too. That was part of his appeal to me. He ran under the "R" banner, but that doesn't make him one. I could call my house Buckingham Palace, but that doesn't make it so.

Since you appear to think we have no hope, and if we survive Trump it will be a miracle, are you saying we should just pack it in as a country, give up and just be demoralized until the end of the USA comes ? I'd be curious how else you could define your statement "If we survive Trump, it will be a miracle". If YOU have no hope, why are you even posting on here ? What's the point ? It's done, it's over, we're finished, right ? Might as well sit back, relax, and enjoy our few remaining days without worrying about what will come anyway. Miracles aren't common, so we shouldn't really expect one.

It's appears you're an "eye for an eye" guy, so at this rate, we'll never get out of this mess. Someone has to be the bigger person, or party, and decide to do something constructive, rather than a mind that considers "getting even" the highest calling in politics....or life in general. You must be fun to live with if getting even is your typical default behavior. It's no wonder you see no hope. I guess if we all act like you're saying we should, perhaps there truly is no hope. Seems it would be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Last edited by jasper1372; 12-23-2016 at 05:53 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 07:11 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,957 times
Hysterical Liberals..always good for a laugh.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:32 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Mooch. Only first lady to say:
  • She was not proud of the United States
  • White House is a Slave House
  • That Americans have no Hope
She will also go down as the first First Lady to have accomplished absolutely nothing while in that role. She won't be missed.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:29 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She will also go down as the first First Lady to have accomplished absolutely nothing while in that role. She won't be missed.
I forgive a lot when you can see that a person is good in other ways. Like she is a fantastic mother from what I've seen and a very classy wife.

But to go out of her way to poison the waters for Trump is just below her standing. She is definitely taking the low road. I would like to know what he said or did to her.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:49 PM

207 posts, read 507,856 times
Quote:
Not when this country has elected an ignorant madman who appoints wingnuts as advisors, there isn't any hope. None at all.

Obama was intelligent. He had an actual INTELLECT - nonexistent in his successor. So, no, there isn't any hope.

Oh, give it up. Trump's lies fell on weak minds - exacerbated by the GOP determination to NEVER allow Obama to do anything positive.

Hah, given what Obama faced when he took office in 2008, it's a wonder this country is standing. Stock market - even before Trump - is now at an all time high, recovered from 6,000, auto industry recovered, low unemployment.

But in your mind all of that is bupkus. You'd rather we had gone over the cliff in 2008????

Last time we elected a President with the electoral vote, the whole gd country almost went over the cliff. Obama dug us out of that. But, clearly you were asleep during those days. I will NEVER forget that time. It was horrible - for years. But, Obama had the INTELLIGENCE and PATIENCE to choose competent advisors and gradually we dug ourselves out of the ditch created by the GOP.

It's coming again - Trump will be a disaster. Bank on it. All the GOP knows is war, running up debt, tax breaks for themselves, and ultimate recession/depression.

And, you are in the minority.

There are almost 3 million people in this country who would prefer anyone but Trump.

Wow you sound like a bitter and nasty liberal with a message of anger and hate. If you would stop choking over your words and overflowing thoughts you would understand my point on that post was if Michelle Obama was a better first lady, she would have delivered a message of hope to her people regardless if she had hope or not. It's not about you and your not having hope. It's about the first lady and her pathetic message in her exit interview for the world to see. This is a time to come together as a country and stand behind the man that will become your president, and if you continue down the path you're going, expect your party to lose again at the next election. At this point, remember that if our future president Donald Trump fails we as a country will fail! I didn't vote for Obama, but when he was elected I got behind him and prayed/hoped for the best. I didn't go on City Data to spout my distaste and negativity. Try to stay on the positive. I love the people of this country and it's time to come together and back this man. The far left media did a number on us all and slandered Trump like no other in history, wise up and open your eyes.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:25 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,091,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Not true, she revamped the school lunch program to make healthy foods that kids love sarcasm. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies