Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 07:19 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
The real question is, is she still proud of her country?
For electing an orange pervert? I doubt it.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:33 AM

451 posts, read 236,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Not when this country has elected an ignorant madman who appoints wingnuts as advisors, there isn't any hope. None at all.

Obama was intelligent. He had an actual INTELLECT - nonexistent in his successor. So, no, there isn't any hope.

Oh, give it up. Trump's lies fell on weak minds - exacerbated by the GOP determination to NEVER allow Obama to do anything positive.

Hah, given what Obama faced when he took office in 2008, it's a wonder this country is standing. Stock market - even before Trump - is now at an all time high, recovered from 6,000, auto industry recovered, low unemployment.

But in your mind all of that is bupkus. You'd rather we had gone over the cliff in 2008????

Last time we elected a President with the electoral vote, the whole gd country almost went over the cliff. Obama dug us out of that. But, clearly you were asleep during those days. I will NEVER forget that time. It was horrible - for years. But, Obama had the INTELLIGENCE and PATIENCE to choose competent advisors and gradually we dug ourselves out of the ditch created by the GOP.

It's coming again - Trump will be a disaster. Bank on it. All the GOP knows is war, running up debt, tax breaks for themselves, and ultimate recession/depression.

And, you are in the minority.

There are almost 3 million people in this country who would prefer anyone but Trump.
Seriously, if you believe it will be this bad.....then you and those that feel like you should leave the country. If things will REALLY get THAT BAD....why would you stay here? Leave and when Trump leaves office....then come back. I know I would not want to live in a country if I felt it was going to be all doom and gloom for the next 8 years.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:37 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,256 times
She said it because it is part of their culture. Hard to be first lady-like let alone respectable when listening to izzo-my-wizzo and slap-dat-hoe all day

China sees them as a joke, Russia sees them as a joke, the world sees them as a joke. It was an experiment that failed and failed in grand expected fashion. To the Left, yes there is no hope.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:45 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
She's the most racist First Lady ever. "No hope?" WTF is that?

Michelle Obama's Princeton senior thesis. It's all about race, and placing a priority on maintaining a distinctive Black community instead of the US being a nation of unified people. IOW, a Black Nationalist magnum opus: https://obamaprincetonthesis.files.w...ton_thesis.pdf
So the FLOTUS is racist for having pessimistic feelings about this country?! That is the most asinine bull I've ever heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
She said it because it is part of their culture. Hard to be first lady-like let alone respectable when listening to izzo-my-wizzo and slap-dat-hoe all day

China sees them as a joke, Russia sees them as a joke, the world sees them as a joke. It was an experiment that failed and failed in grand expected fashion. To the Left, yes there is no hope.
Response to your above statement: This is not our culture; it's some crap that's been made up and broadcast to many people as something disguised as our "culture." You talking out the side of your neck and expecting others to believe that it's true will no longer fly.

My ignore list will only keep fattening up at this point...

Old 12-24-2016, 01:17 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us...oops.html?_r=0
WASHINGTON — President Obama came into office seven years ago pledging to end the wars of his predecessor, George W. Bush. On May 6, with eight months left before he vacates the White House, Mr. Obama passed a somber, little-noticed milestone: He has now been at war longer than Mr. Bush, or any other American president.
If Bush hadn't gone into Iraq, the world would be an entirely different place. I will admit, Trump has got a hell of a mess in the Middle East to deal with. That said.......

Obama is being crucified for attempting to close Guantanamo, for not leaving a stabilizing force in Iraq when there was NO WAY to do that despite what Faux News, that wingnut Mike Flynn and other destroyers of civil discourse say (I've listened to enough military and foreign policy experts on C-Span over the past eight years to know truth from fiction on that issue) - but, of course, to accept fact is to face an uncomfortable and inconvenient truth, so the only alternative is to make stuff up, deny reality, throw stones and say the ENTIRE EIGHT YEARS was a failure.

IT WASN'T. Despite GOP attempts to destroy, destroy, obstruct, destroy and obstruct, bring down the government, ruin our credit rating - somehow, Obama succeeded in bring back the country from the abyss.

Are you better off today than eight years ago?? I sure am - and I'm retired - and my financial situation is way better than it was eight years ago. Everyone I know is better off today than they were eight years ago.

Unfortunately, that is soon to change. Trump will destabilize the world. Domestically, Trump will let Ryan/Price begin the dismantling of/increased unaffordability of Medicare, erode SS, throw people off Medicaid, further undermine labor, further degrade education, run up huge debt in tax giveaways to the rich and unfunded wars (some things never change) - eventually leading to economic collapse. So, millions will not be better off in a few years, and that will, for sure, will hit the poorest Trump voters the hardest.

Nope, it's all downhill from here - and will happen very quickly. Elections matter - and this one will prove to be an unmitigated disaster for the country and the world.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:26 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
If Bush hadn't gone into Iraq, the world would be an entirely different place. I will admit, Trump has got a hell of a mess in the Middle East to deal with. That said.......

Obama is being crucified for attempting to close Guantanamo, for not leaving a stabilizing force in Iraq when there was NO WAY to do that despite what Faux News, that wingnut Mike Flynn and other destroyers of civil discourse say (I've listened to enough military and foreign policy experts on C-Span over the past eight years to know truth from fiction on that issue) - but, of course, to accept fact is to face an uncomfortable and inconvenient truth, so the only alternative is to make stuff up, deny reality, throw stones and say the ENTIRE EIGHT YEARS was a failure.

IT WASN'T. Despite GOP attempts to destroy, destroy, obstruct, destroy and obstruct, bring down the government, ruin our credit rating - somehow, Obama succeeded in bring back the country from the abyss.

Are you better off today than eight years ago?? I sure am - and I'm retired - and my financial situation is way better than it was eight years ago. Everyone I know is better off today than they were eight years ago.

Unfortunately, that is soon to change. Trump will destabilize the world. Domestically, Trump will let Ryan/Price begin the dismantling of/increased unaffordability of Medicare, erode SS, throw people off Medicaid, further undermine labor, further degrade education, run up huge debt in tax giveaways to the rich and unfunded wars (some things never change) - eventually leading to economic collapse. So, millions will not be better off in a few years, and that will, for sure, will hit the poorest Trump voters the hardest.

Nope, it's all downhill from here - and will happen very quickly. Elections matter - and this one will prove to be an unmitigated disaster for the country and the world.
I think you are absolutely correct here. What I really see happening is, while it is atrocious now, I think the wage gap/disparity between the 1% and the rest of us is going to become FAR worse. It's hard to believe it can get worse, but the writing is on the wall based on Trump's picks as to what will happen. That part really scares me. With the last shredding of the middle class, any gains we made are going to slide backwards and then there will be collapse. It won't happen today and it won't happen next year. I think the economy will still have some "lift" from the past few years, and then the slide will begin.

What's really sad is the middle class people who really believe they will get something different. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:27 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
She said it because she is an ungrateful pig, and an unrepentant racist. Good riddance to her.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:02 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
She said it because she is an ungrateful pig, and an unrepentant racist. Good riddance to her.
You should look at yourself in the mirror before you even get all emotional and call someone else an "ungrateful pig" and a "racist" without backing it up.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:35 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Already stated:

No it wasn't .Did you read any of it? Do you even know what "sociology" is?This is a paper on what a college student thought about her surroundings while attending College in 1985,over thirty years ago.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:37 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
So the FLOTUS is racist for having pessimistic feelings about this country?! That is the most asinine bull I've ever heard!
Me, too. It's the same country that's given her the affirmative action chance to attend Princeton and become First Lady. But that still isn't enough for her so she damns the US by saying she has no hope. Ugly. No other way to describe her attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies