Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times

Advertisements

I find it distrusting that she said that. The nastiest thing you can do it take hope away from someone. Even if you look at things from a different political view, which obviously she does far differently than Trump, you don't ever take the hope away from your fellow citizens.

Just because someone governs differently than you do, or would, doesn't mean you have the right, or omnipotence to know how things will play out in the future, and what results will come from decisions differently than you can comprehend or understand.

I can't imagine any previous presidents, or their wives, have said such a thing. Oh....we're out of office now, and our suggested replacement didn't win....so you have no hope now!

********* if that's the way you think Michelle Obama! That statement she made pisses me off just as much as when Hillary called half of Trumps supporters, 30 some million Americans "deplorables". It just seem the democrats, or liberals in general are so angry and vengeful. I know it sucks to lose an election, but geez....grow up and accept what is. We've all had to do this before....suck it up. Voice your concerns, stay tuned in, work to make your country better....but shut the fxxx up if all you have to say is "there is no hope".

The White House is a place for hopeful people, people trying the make out future better with an optimistic attitude. If Michelle Obama see's no hope for America now......move your crap out of the White House tonight....get out!

Old 12-22-2016, 07:10 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Michelle is reasonably bright. I wonder if she sees the irony in saying that she has no hope now, and then going on to talk about the necessity of being hopeful as a means of criticizing Trump supporters for voting out of fear and a lack of hope. In reality Trump voters are hopeful that he will bring positive change to America.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:18 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I actually enjoyed the interview. I found her to be polished, physically fit, and articulate; it seems like she has a great sense of humor too.

I don't know what she meant by "no hope". I thought she meant 1. People lost all hope, so they voted for Trump or 2. Since we now have Trump, we have no hope as a country. lol

I try not to read too much into it. The donkeys lost and of course they are not going to like it so much.

Anyway, I wish the best for her and her family. I think they are lovely.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:31 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I know it sucks to lose an election, but geez....grow up and accept what is. Voice your concerns, stay tuned in, work to make your country better
What a short memory you have.

The Dems can follow the example of Mitch McConnell who said his #1 goal was to make Obama a one-term President. The GOP followed suit and became complete obstructionists on virtually everything for eight years - regardless of harm to the country. The list of this obstruction is long and extended into every branch of government - failure to approve appointments, failure to raise the debt ceiling, and worse.

The party and ideology always came first.

So, tell us - is it McConnell's version of "grow up and accept what is" what you mean?

There are plenty of Dems in and out of Congress who will be more than happy to follow Republican McConnell's definition of "work to make your country better" - work their darndest to see that Trump fails and is a one-term President. Given the carnival barker, lying madman that has been elected and the nuts he's appointed (Matt Flynn I'm lookin' at you), it is their patriotic duty to do so, it would appear, lest we all go over the abyss.

I'm w/Michelle. If we survive Trump, it will be a miracle.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-22-2016 at 08:08 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 08:14 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What a short memory you have.

Given the madman that has been elected and the nuts he's appointed (Matt Flynn I'm lookin' at you),
You're one to be talking about memory.

Trump hasn't appointed anyone named Matt Flynn. Matt Flynn is the starting quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons. Trump appointed Mike Flynn. And no, Mike Flynn's son who was fired from the Trump transition team is not named Matt.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I find it distrusting that she said that. The nastiest thing you can do it take hope away from someone. Even if you look at things from a different political view, which obviously she does far differently than Trump, you don't ever take the hope away from your fellow citizens.

Just because someone governs differently than you do, or would, doesn't mean you have the right, or omnipotence to know how things will play out in the future, and what results will come from decisions differently than you can comprehend or understand.

I can't imagine any previous presidents, or their wives, have said such a thing. Oh....we're out of office now, and our suggested replacement didn't win....so you have no hope now!

********* if that's the way you think Michelle Obama! That statement she made pisses me off just as much as when Hillary called half of Trumps supporters, 30 some million Americans "deplorables". It just seem the democrats, or liberals in general are so angry and vengeful. I know it sucks to lose an election, but geez....grow up and accept what is. We've all had to do this before....suck it up. Voice your concerns, stay tuned in, work to make your country better....but shut the fxxx up if all you have to say is "there is no hope".

The White House is a place for hopeful people, people trying the make out future better with an optimistic attitude. If Michelle Obama see's no hope for America now......move your crap out of the White House tonight....get out!
I just read this post, and I feel bleak about our future. The right kicked the potus as low as they could, for 8 yrs and hurt many people by their obstructionism -and want us to be hopeful for what now? How have they behaved for yrs and now in control? Lord have mercy

Old 12-22-2016, 08:38 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Michelle has the same failing as her husband. They have no concept of leadership. No idea what loyalty means. No love of or commitment to this country. The last 8 years were an exercise in narcissistic masturbation of a level never seen in the White House before. Last and not least, they had no interest in the American people and what is in their best interests. They have been willing to sacrifice Americans throughout his presidency. Pompous, self centered narcissists...will be glad to see them leave. Her parting comments were nothing different than the last 8 years. Low class and self serving.

I hope Trump does a better job of living up to the responsibilities of the presidency.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Maybe because Drümpf is a vile, uncouth, scummy piece of , perhaps? Much like those who get their rocks off in disrespecting Mrs. Obama. I'm not naming names; you know who you are.

I'm sure somebody on this thread is going to get all in their feelings and respond to my post with emotionally laced insults and whatnot because I share the same sentiments as the FLOTUS. I suggest you choose your words wisely instead of calling me a "liberal" or "racist" without resources to back up your rebuttals.
Sounds like "LIBERAL" Garbage to me. Not saying your a LIBERAL, but I bet they would not kick you out of a room full of LIBERALS.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:00 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You're one to be talking about memory.

Trump hasn't appointed anyone named Matt Flynn. Matt Flynn is the starting quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons. Trump appointed Mike Flynn. And no, Mike Flynn's son who was fired from the Trump transition team is not named Matt.
Oh, give it up. My memory is JUST FINE. It's you who can't accept reality. And, NO, I was NOT talking about Mike Flynn's SON, as you well know.

General Mike Flynn the crazy, irresponsible wingnut who's made his living on Faux News prior to Trump deciding "he sounded good" and part and parcel of the fake news his son said needed to be disproved. He doesn't belong anywhere near the Oval Office.
Quote:
"U decide - NYPD Blows Whistle on New Hillary Emails: Money Laundering, Sex Crimes w Children, etc...MUST READ!" Flynn's tweet read.

The tweet received renewed scrutiny in recent weeks after a different fake news story about Clinton's connection to a underage sex ring at a DC pizzeria led a man to show up at the restaurant with a gun.The deleted tweet can still be viewed on the Internet archive.
Trump is a MORON and Flynn is an irresponsible NUT more than willing to tweet fake news and conspiracy theories without a second thought.

That the irresponsible wingnut would be counseling the moron on NATIONAL SECURITY MATTERS is terrifying.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-22-2016 at 09:16 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 09:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Probably because Michelle tells it like it is. For real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies