Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:51 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Got it. Don't know anything about his recent endeavors, and wouldn't seek his advice on dining. He seems a little pompous.
Oh he's definitely pompous, like I said before he's an arrogant a hole. A lot of prominent chefs and food critics are. But I do think he knows his stuff reasonably well and I find him more palatable than that tool Gordon Ramsay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 06:08 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
I understand Bourdain was quite accomplished as a hardcore drug addict. Snorted cocaine and shot up heroin on a regular basis. Something to be proud of.
Zimmern is also a recovering alcoholic.

Knowing what these addictions can do to a person and how difficult it is to recover, I am a bit impressed that they can not only turn their lives around but be very successful. Its better just never to touch the crap... but I think their recovery from addiction isn't something they should feel shameful about. Heroin is one of the addictions that most people never fully come back from...

PS> Let's put this thread into perspective. Its not like Anthony B. is publicly asking for a boycott of Trump's businesses. He is just making a choice for himself and his program. Let's not forget that Trump supporters are boycotting Amazon....

Last edited by usayit; 12-23-2016 at 06:17 PM..

Old 12-23-2016, 06:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
I don't believe in your safe space philosophy. I will send you a box of tissues and some play doe.

Please! Bestiality has no place here!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
He's a quasi-famous former heroine addict turned drunk who goes to different non-tourist places around the world and eats/talks to the residents.
Kind of a gritty,down and dirty non-P.C. kind of food/travel reviewer.

Funny how the alleged fans of 'non-PC' commenting in this thread have such tunnel vision of what forms of 'non-PC' they'll tolerate. Why it's almost like they're imitating the 'PC Police' they claim to loathe.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Who is Anthony Bourdain?

Old 12-23-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, please explain why your boy won't "lock her up."

He's not a big BSer, is he?

Nah, he's a YUGE BSer!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:15 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Bourdain is a strange dude. Imperious and Girly at the same time. (kind of like Olbermann but with a NY "tude".) Typical NY beta male.

I watched a couple of his episodes 8-10 years ago and realized that there were better ways to spend 60 minutes. So I guess he's still working?
I take it you are from the southern United States. The culture in the South (yes you have your own culture that is separate from the mainstream) espouses male machismo. If you are a guy that doesn't hunt, drinks beer, watches MMA or NASCAR and gets into fights, then you aren't a real man.

Bourdain just seems like a regular guy to me who like to travel and eat. I have no idea where you go the "NY beta male" unless you are from the South which includes Texas in my opinion (same culture) You guys view any male with any sophistication as being "girly"

Old 12-23-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I take it you are from the southern United States. The culture in the South (yes you have your own culture that is separate from the mainstream) espouses male machismo. If you are a guy that doesn't hunt, drinks beer, watches MMA or NASCAR and gets into fights, then you aren't a real man.

Bourdain just seems like a regular guy to me who like to travel and eat. I have no idea where you go the "NY beta male" unless you are from the South which includes Texas in my opinion (same culture) You guys view any male with any sophistication as being "girly"
But he trains in one of the martial arts, has slaughtered a hog in one of his shows, has hunted on his show, and drinks heartily, seems like he'd be a hit in Southern culture.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who is Anthony Bourdain?
He's a celebrity foodie who has a weekly tv program that's pretty darn good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bourdain

Old 12-23-2016, 06:21 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Ohh boo-hoo...cry me a river...I will make sure to pass on his show now...I've seen it but it bores me about after 5 minutes..so I always turn the channel...I lose nothing by skipping this guys show... PS: "Never say "never" Anthony"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies