Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 01:10 PM

88,616 posts, read 84,857,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But Mighty, women are also suppose to be clairvoyant seers of the future not mere mortals who blindly fall in love, are trusting or are prey to trickery and deceit. And heaven forbid people grow and change over time.
So when we choose a man we should know without a doubt he will forever be a wonderful father and provider. Poor men have no idea nor are expected to know the woman they chose will become pregnant from sexual intercourse and not want to end the pregnancy but expect financial if not emotional support at the very least from the father. I mean she should have known not to trust him, right?

We DO know NOW! Our dd is 25 and decided to go for her Ph.D. She gets tuition and a stipend for 20 hours work at university. She is not allowed to work another job or she could lose the assistantship. It's tight. I send her grocery money.

Her dad did realize after a while that no one else was going to support him, and he has held a few good jobs over the 17 years since I booted him out.

He was living in a $2k apartment, which he split with his gf. Got a better job offer this year as an on-site super in a condo hi-rise. Same salary, about $60k, plus a free 3 br apartment on the premises. Told our dd that he would pay her $325 rent now that he has $1000 extra every month. Paid it once. Probably has to do with it being football season. Bookies come first.

He'll never change. But our dd knows who he is, so she isn't surprised or too hurt, at least I hope not. She knows she has never been high on the list of Daddy's priorities, not as a child, not as an adult. And I never had to say a bad word about him. The kids figure it out.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-27-2016 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 01:15 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For the love of Pete guys. Most CS is paid in cases of divorce.
Two people get married, decide to have a family (YES BOTH DECIDE TO HAVE CHILDREN TOGETHER) fast forward they get divorced for whatever reason. Those children need support from both parents.

I'm sorry you guys live in some freakish world where the idea of families and having children is specific to women only and men only become fathers against their will by trickery because a women wont abort but in the real world this scenario is rare and the majority of CS is a result of previous collaboration.
\

Not always, I have read stories where women lie about taking birth control, poke holes in condoms and in some rare occasions, rape has been involved.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:23 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
The federal government does know. I have a relative who missed out on a career changing opportunity because he owed child support and wasn't eligible to get a passport.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:27 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The federal government should insist that every employer and landlord check for warrants for overdue child support payments.

There are so many men out there going from women to women getting them pregnant because they know that the system is so lax they can just walk away and let taxpayer pay every penny.

These guys who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many men getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for men who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the men in jail until they pay for the past child support in full.
Just what we need. More lazy, ****ty, authoritarian bull**** ideas!

Notice a societal problem? The solution is easy. Prison! And after all, why wouldn't that be a great idea. I mean, just look at the recidivism rate as a wonderful... well, it doesn't matter. All that you need to know is that this idea will work, despite to previous example of this type of thinking suggesting that it would.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:38 PM

88,616 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The federal government does know. I have a relative who missed out on a career changing opportunity because he owed child support and wasn't eligible to get a passport.
Interesting. I wonder who oversees this. The state files must be connected somehow to the State Dept.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Last I heard, if she had sex, so did he.

You are opposed to making men accountable for their choices in sexual partners?
Despite having lesser reproductive rights, men already are accountable. See : Child support.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:04 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
\

Not always, I have read stories where women lie about taking birth control, poke holes in condoms and in some rare occasions, rape has been involved.
Of course not always. but as I said CS is primarily based on a failed marriage/LTR where TWO people decide to bring a child into this world, they later divorce/split. Occasions where one tampers or lies about their BC resulting in an unwanted child requiring forced financial support are not the norm. There were cases where rapist were given visitation and parental rights to children born of forced rape but its not the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
It was a comment on reproductive rights. In other words if a woman wants the choice to be ALL her own, so should the support. At the very least women should have to get consent from the father for an abortion.
We arent discussing reproductive rights.
But your complaining about guys having to pay CS because if an unmarried woman decides to have a child on her own without the support of the father then you say she should have to get consent from the biological father to end the pregnancy?
So basically you feel the man should have absolute authority over whether the pregnancy goes to term or is aborted and whether he should help financially support the child.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:57 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Don't know about where some of you live, but here in NYS there has been a serious crackdown for decades on welfare and child support payments.

Welfare Rolls Cut by Seeking Child Support - The New York Times

Females/new mothers cannot get welfare or whatever payments unless they "co-operate" and provide a fathers name. Welfare authorities have been known to show up at hospital during or shortly after birth demanding certain forms be filled out.

Once a man's name in in that system, forget about it; the guy will be hounded down and tracked to ensure compliance with child support payments. If he does not pay a whole host of legal/civil actions await.

Ironically this can end up costing some women money.

In certain communities (black, Latino-Hispanic) men often work jobs off the books and or have a side game going. They pay their baby's mothers support, but in cash. They will also swing buy with diapers and so forth.

When a female goes to court and or otherwise causes the guy's name to go into the system, they are going to get only money based upon his reported income. So in a good many instances they are getting less than they would otherwise. From the guy's point of view he is in "compliance" so that is that.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:10 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Interesting. I wonder who oversees this. The state files must be connected somehow to the State Dept.

I posted the link above to the required reporting system. A number of federal agencies have access to that database and immigration/travel/passports is one of them. The IRS mandates all employers report new hires to their local state agency for same.

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/css/resource...oyer-questions

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...d-support.html

Congress has the power to force states into compliance via the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act (also known as welfare reform) signed into law by Bill Clinton

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person...pportunity_Act

Basically it is the old "take the king's coin sing the kings tune". That is the federal government has vast powers via the USC to force those who accept federal funding to comply with various terms.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:58 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The federal government should insist that every employer and landlord check for warrants for overdue child support payments.

There are so many men out there going from women to women getting them pregnant because they know that the system is so lax they can just walk away and let taxpayer pay every penny.

These guys who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many men getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for men who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the men in jail until they pay for the past child support in full.
is this a men bashing thread???

what about all the dead beat mothers (or egg donors)

what about the 'baby moma's' out there that have 5 kids from 5 fathers

These tramps who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many women getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for women who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the women in jail until they pay for the past child support in full
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies