Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 06:30 PM

638 posts, read 310,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The federal government should insist that every employer and landlord check for warrants for overdue child support payments.

There are so many men out there going from women to women getting them pregnant because they know that the system is so lax they can just walk away and let taxpayer pay every penny.

These guys who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many men getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for men who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the men in jail until they pay for the past child support in full.
We should just stop extorting men for child support to begin with.

That's what all the ladies want, right? Reproductive choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 06:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
First off it's not all a guy problem. I never saw a SINGLE DIME from my biological daughters mother. She was dedicated to her career of substance abuse so I didn't expect much. We didn't even know where she was for years. My step daughter now is in the same situation. Her sons father went back to Columbia with another woman and apparently has other concerns.

I would agree with some kind of database to use to go after the losers, both male and female so that we can ensure they do their duty. Prison isn't a good option but I'd go for work camps to ensure it is taken care of. Until we find a real solution anyway.

Maybe public canings? I think such a thing would go a long way to change how people conduct themselves.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:36 PM

1,768 posts, read 717,010 times
Maybe because men have no say in whether or not to have the child or have an abortion but are still on the hook financially either way?

Old 12-26-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
We should just stop extorting men for child support to begin with.
What about the resulting poverty for the children?

Old 12-26-2016, 06:41 PM

638 posts, read 310,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What about the resulting poverty for the children?
Well women fought for choice, they won choice, so let's make it THEIR choice, and their burden.

That's been the problem with the whole abortion thing all along. Women want control over their own bodies. Sounds good to me. Now pay for the decisions you make with it.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:51 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Running a database with enforcement would bankrupt many cities. Just like supporting their progeny has already taxed the taxpayer base.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Well women fought for choice, they won choice, so let's make it THEIR choice, and their burden.

That's been the problem with the whole abortion thing all along. Women want control over their own bodies. Sounds good to me. Now pay for the decisions you make with it.
I can't agree with you in the current societal situation. We would have to bring back the nuclear family and I remember the media screaming about that in the early 90s as it disappeared. Our society has changed and moved away from responsibility towards avoidance of it.

A lot of women do not want responsibility, just rights. Not unlike a lot of men. Until we learn to behave better towards one another it is going to be a real mess.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:20 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
LOL. I am owed tens of thousands from my ex wife. I have never seen a single cent from her. Ever. When I tried to get my local support enforcement to help me they kept losing paperwork, etc.

4 years ago my new employer messed up my insurance, and my kids weren't covered for a few months. My employer got a letter saying that the judgement against me required me to put them on my insurance, and to put them on as it was part of the support order.

Yeah. Kids had been living with me for a decade at that point.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:22 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Maybe because men have no say in whether or not to have the child or have an abortion but are still on the hook financially either way?
Amd what percentage of men who do not pay child support would actually fit that description?

I believe most are like my ex. We were married. He wanted his daughter and loves her to the extent he is capable of loving another person. He is just irresponsible with money and resents having to pay for things that don't benefit him directly or provide fun.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:44 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The federal government should insist that every employer and landlord check for warrants for overdue child support payments.

There are so many men out there going from women to women getting them pregnant because they know that the system is so lax they can just walk away and let taxpayer pay every penny.

These guys who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many men getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for men who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the men in jail until they pay for the past child support in full.
No, thats a dumb idea. And taxpayers are not on the hook either.
You know what is a good idea? A federal data base and jail time for women that do t let the dads see their kids and those that use child support on nail appts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies