Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not just guys. Some women refuse to pay child support even tho ordered to do so by the courts.
Amen to that, and whats worse is when guys say, im not going to put my baby momma on child support, well you better believe that when its reversed, she WILL put you on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 02:52 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The federal government should insist that every employer and landlord check for warrants for overdue child support payments.

There are so many men out there going from women to women getting them pregnant because they know that the system is so lax they can just walk away and let taxpayer pay every penny.

These guys who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many men getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for men who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the men in jail until they pay for the past child support in full.

For once, just once would like some of you to research a topic before busting out with a bile filled rant.

"All employers of employees for wages must register with their state's New Hire Registry, and are required to report to the registry all new hires or all rehires of former employees who have been separated from the employer for more than 60 days. All employees must be reported, including employees who were hired or worked for less than one day, domestic employees such as a maid, gardener, cook, etc., and seasonal employees.[SIZE=2][2][/SIZE] The law's reporting requirements strictly include all employees for wages. An employer must report all persons who would be considered employees under federal rules for withholding of employment taxes to the state's New Hire Registry. Reporting of independent contractors is not required, but is encouraged.
While reporting of employees who are no longer working for the employer may not seem to be helpful, since the report includes the address of the employee, it may be useful in tracking down an employee who has unpaid child support payments or might be committing unemployment insurance fraud."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hire_Registry

Old 12-27-2016, 03:49 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Yes, lets give more and more power to the central government!!! /sarc

If some of you love these big central power governments, why not move to countries that support them? The US was founded specifically on the idea of trying to limit a central power.

Time to find a new home maybe?

Old 12-27-2016, 04:19 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
how does that work again?

Throw 'em in JAIL until the back child support is paid in full... ??? how much does sitting in jail PAY these days??
Most Americans are under the illusion that our jail/prison costs are being paid for by the Chinese or the Fairy Godmother, to the tune of $40-50k a year per inmate!

And lest we forget there's women today that are also shirking child support payments! Yup! Husband quits work to take care of the kids, she falls in love with someone at work, he files for divorce, and seeks alimony/child support payments, and, meanwhile, she married someone rich enough, so she doesn't have to work again!

Old 12-27-2016, 10:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The federal government should insist that every employer and landlord check for warrants for overdue child support payments.

There are so many men out there going from women to women getting them pregnant because they know that the system is so lax they can just walk away and let taxpayer pay every penny.

These guys who are players with multiple children and letting the taxpayer pay the bills should be behind bars not increasing taxes and burdening the system with more children.

So many men getting a free ride out there on an issue that would be so easy to resolve.

It would be nice if they had a federal database like e-verify that landlords and employer can check for men who owe back child support. They should be required to immediately contact the police and the police should be required to put the men in jail until they pay for the past child support in full.
Or just abolish child support. Make women responsible for their choices of sexual partners.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:56 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Or just abolish child support. Make women responsible for their choices of sexual partners.
Or make men more responsible for their choices? It takes two to make child

Old 12-27-2016, 11:03 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You don't "win" child support. I told my lawyer I didn't want to bother because my soon-to-be ex would never pay it anyway. I just wanted to be rid of him and that alone would make for a financial improvement.

Lawyer said it was not my choice to make. The state requires that both parents support children and the amount each pays depends on a formula based on income. Great, he wouldn't work--one of the major problems ending our marriage.

So I sat through the court charade where he whined to the judge that he couldn't pay child support because he was unemployed, and the judge said too bad, pay $50 a week till you become employed and then we can revisit. OF COURSE he didn't pay.

Eventually he pulled himself together and I got a few bucks occasionally tossed my way. But I didn't count on it. Enforcing it through the court system would have enraged him, and my dd was finally getting some time with a dad who got it through his head through the court system that he couldn't be drunk around her, and that was more important to me than angering him over money and maybe destroying their relationship if he flipped out over a request for support.

How does someone pay $50 a week till they are employed if they have no money to start with?

I would hand over everything in my pocket and walk to a homeless shelter, and then good luck getting a job!

Old 12-27-2016, 11:30 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Or make men more responsible for their choices? It takes two to make child
Nah, only women can choose to abort.

Why, do you plan on giving men equal abortion rights? Then we can talk about male responsibility.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:41 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
All they have to do is do a paternity test from birth of every child.Track down mother and father.Info of occupation and monitor court ordered payments. If not paying everyone has a social security #,track them down and order them to work. We already have raids of many men and women that the police go after.But instead of jail,make them do huge hours of community work that no one wants to do. Sort recycles,clean trash of highways,plant trees,build greenhouses for schools......doing good for their future child.
Why not just do something about employment. Many get behind and dont pay because the CS is not based on what their actual net income is but what their determined expected gross income should be.
And if there are going to enforce paternity testing, track and monitor people and invent more community service jobs why not track and monitor that custodial parents receiving CS actually have custody and are using CS for its intended purpose. And track and monitor and enforce visitation and rights are being followed by the custodial parent. And track and monitor and enforce parenting skills so there is no parental interference.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Maybe no national database has been established, because the majority in legislative bodies are men.
Women are 100% in charge of WHEN and WHO they have sex with unless they are raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies