Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 12:35 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
this is absurd....if we continue to allow this crap, it's going to be more and more until they take over....

sorry but it's not right....they even want to allow it in our military

This is America, not the dessert.

enough is enough, if you want to live here, then act like an American.
LMFAO

Who are "they"? Oh you mean your fellow American citizens?

Thanks for being so honest with this post creme. Most people try to hide their disdain for others. At least you put yours right out there for all to see. Well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 12:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
I'm really trying to say, I am sick and dog dead tired of people coming to this country and constantly wanting to change our ways of doing things, our laws, and our rules. They have no respect for our ways what-so-ever....

Police Officers have always had a dress code...which was very strict, and at one time, years ago, there were no tats allowed, but now they allow them in some districts.

and you know what I'm really trying to say....rules are rules, and yet, these people feel it's ok to come to this country and change things their way....it's a very slow engineered process, but they will succeed, b/c of liberal bleeding hearts.

and I'll tell you something else....b/c we HAVE to be diverse, police departments all over the country, have had to drop specifications for passing what was once required tests....I know that for a fact, but you don't hear about it.....

My son's department dropped the written test all together so they could hire minorities....they also changed the drug question from 3 years to 5 years, so they would be able to recruit minorities.
As if we didn't have enough problems with police in this country, now the best man isn't recruited b/c we HAVE to be DIVERSE. This is all so wrong.

and this, this is a far stretch of what a police officer looks like
maybe an undercover nark?

http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnew....jpg?ve=1&tl=1
Oh you mean like how our ancestors came over here and completely changed the rules on those who already lived here? Sucks doesn't it?

Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
LOL, sorry, desert!!!

Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Quote:
yup!

they come here and demand us to change everything...years ago, this would not fly....not in the least...they'd tell them, these are our rules, like it or not....you change or go find a new career, period.

We grow weaker and weaker
That was sarcasm. As Americans the last this we want is a militarized police force.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
this is absurd....if we continue to allow this crap, it's going to be more and more until they take over....

sorry but it's not right....they even want to allow it in our military

This is America, not the dessert.

enough is enough, if you want to live here, then act like an American.

Who determines what "acting like an American" entails? How Brown Shirt of you.

This kind of thinking scares the crap out of me.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I'm really trying to say, I am sick and dog dead tired of people coming to this country and constantly wanting to change our ways of doing things, our laws, and our rules. They have no respect for our ways what-so-ever....

Police Officers have always had a dress code...which was very strict, and at one time, years ago, there were no tats allowed, but now they allow them in some districts.

and you know what I'm really trying to say....rules are rules, and yet, these people feel it's ok to come to this country and change things their way....it's a very slow engineered process, but they will succeed, b/c of liberal bleeding hearts.

and I'll tell you something else....b/c we HAVE to be diverse, police departments all over the country, have had to drop specifications for passing what was once required tests....I know that for a fact, but you don't hear about it.....

My son's department dropped the written test all together so they could hire minorities....they also changed the drug question from 3 years to 5 years, so they would be able to recruit minorities.
As if we didn't have enough problems with police in this country, now the best man isn't recruited b/c we HAVE to be DIVERSE. This is all so wrong.

and this, this is a far stretch of what a police officer looks like
maybe an undercover nark?

http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnew....jpg?ve=1&tl=1

I know right! The next thing you know they'll let broads be police officers.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:45 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I thought conservatives were all for religious accommodations? That's what that is. Not pc. Religious.

The police departments need all the recruits they can get. The officers are being killed at an alarming rate, so I'm sure applications are way down.
No, they are only for it if the person is Christian.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:06 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hijabs very soon

Too much PC crap...Stop all special accommodations

When the door is open all will come through....
NYPD Now Allows Cops to Wear Religious Beards and Turbans
Turbans/headscarfs are worn by people of many religions, including certain Christians, Orthodox Jews, Hindu's, ex.ex.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headscarf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoonghat

Today you say turbans and beards should not be allowed to be worn by American citizens, whats next?

No dreadlocks (because people with dreadlocks commit lots of crimes.)
No long hair on men (because men with long hair commit lots of crime.)
No body piercings (because people with body piercings commit lots of crimes.)

And today republicans attack and hate the religion of Islam to the point they want no Muslims in America (while most Muslims are peaceful people and many black Americans and Africans are Muslims), what religion do you want to outlaw after Islam?

Today republicans oppose the rights of gay marriage, a woman's right to an abortion, equal pay laws, women serving on the front lines of combat, the right to smoke marijuana, ex.ex. And now republicans want to outlaw certain hats, certain hairstyles, and certain religions. Whats next?

Last edited by chad3; 01-06-2017 at 03:21 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 12:52 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Why turn away a devout Sikh that may otherwise be an outstanding police officer?
And why turn away a native language speaker who understands the Sikh culture when a crime has been committed? Who better knows the other Sikhs in a neighborhood than a Sikh? What cop knows Chinatown better than a Chinese cop?

That makes perfect sense in such a diverse city.

The Sikhs are just like the Jews when it comes to the display of their religion. Every Jewish boy is circumcised as lifelong evidence of his religious faith. The Sikhs are exactly the same, except for the body part- they never cut their hair, and its against their faith to display the hair.

Catholic cops can wear a crucifix. So can Baptist cops. Tribal cops can wear amulets. A uniform is only an obvious symbol of the authority of a peace officer. The headwear is just one small part of it; everyone knows a uniformed cop is a cop if the cop is bareheaded, as most female cops are.

The Sikh turban is uniquely wrapped in a fashion only the Sikhs wrap turbans. As long as the turban matches the rest of the uniform in color and appropriate fabric, and bears the same cap badge, what's the big deal?

It's the guy in the suit, folks. Not the suit. The suit changes once in a while, but the guy in it does exactly the same job before and after the change.

We're a diverse nation. There's nothing wrong with showing our diversity off. That's one of the things we all like to do the most.

it ain't PC. It's who we are, and how we identify ourselves. After all, what's a cowboy without a cowboy hat? Is that PC? Snap out of it.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:45 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
^^^

Cannot rep you again.

Did I hear a mic drop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies