Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 08:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

It's fun seeing the communists in this country suddenly be against "communism".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 12:28 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many republicans back Obama on this. And Putin can ignore us all he wants but the sanctions are still going to happen and it will hurt them. But why do you care so much about Putin
Would you please list them along with where they state they support for Obama's "sanctions"?

Old 12-31-2016, 12:34 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
"The 1980's called. They want their foreign policy back"

- Barack Obama

Old 12-31-2016, 01:09 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Exactly what I expected Putin to do. i.e. He simply ignores Obama.

Now Obama has the pie on his face because after making the big stink about expelling the Russians. Nothing was accomplished.

It's a metaphor for the failed Obama Presidency.

It's quite an embarrassing way for him to end it.
It is embarrassing for sure. Obama's foreign policy has been feckless and ineffective at best. There are leaders of other countries who are openly dissing him which doesn't usually happen to a sitting US President. I would guess there are few leaders of other countries that actually respect him. I'm not going to say he's not done anything right, but he's done way more wrong than right in foreign policy.

Working towards normalizing relations with Cuba is about the best thing he did. Everything else is some version of just ok to very bad.

If he really thinks the Russians hacked our election, which they keep saying happened (I think that is very misleading myself), don't you think he'd want to publically do far more than kick a few diplomats and their families out of the country ? He has also apparently more or less decided we're going to have better security measures to try to prevent this type of activity. First of all, given the world we live in currently, shouldn't these measures been in place long ago ?

Secondly, the only thing I can gather happened, is that Podesta got a phishing email, he bit, swallowed the hook and gave up a treasure trove of accurate and correct information as to what the DNC and Clinton's campaign was actually up to...which of course we found out they were up to no good.

Podesta got "phished". Nothing all that advanced about that. I've gotten those emails too....and I know enough not to open them. How naïve and green is Podesta ? Anyone in a position that high up should have known better. I guess Hillary's lack of knowledge about computers, servers, cyber security, what is classified etc..., carried over into her other staff....ie Posesta. Huma's husband, "The Weiner" even had classified stuff on the computer he was using to contact underage girls for dates. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

The Russians might be A problem here, but they are far from the only problem, and certainly not the most serious problem in this situation. In this situation, if the parties in question had acted honorably....there wouldn't have even been an issue that could be used negatively against them. Hence the crying about the evil messenger (Russians, WikiLeaks or whomever) that brought it to light.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:44 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
As an IT security consultant that I get hired for analyzing access logs of possible intrusions. The minute I read about the Podesta hack I laughed because it's no different than any other phishing emails out there just authored a lot more official looking. As for Hillary running a private email server, this are never any good reasons for doing it other than for personal illegal purposes away from watchdogs.

If she has a legitimate case for running an outside email server it should be hosted outside with filtering and security measures. She put so much national security at risk for running it privately. She is not qualified to be president for the simple fact that she obstructed government officials from imposing the rules on her.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:50 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
So back to the topic. Putin will not expel the US diplomats because Russia needs their expense income.

They will also be very happy to leave Russia. Unlike the Russian diplomats who are complaining they will have to take their kids out of US schools. Must mean that Russian Utopia the paid employees of Russia keep writing about is not really a good place to be.

Putin has nothing else to do. Nutty Don will have major problems.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:55 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
As an IT security consultant that I get hired for analyzing access logs of possible intrusions. The minute I read about the Podesta hack I laughed because it's no different than any other phishing emails out there just authored a lot more official looking. As for Hillary running a private email server, this are never any good reasons for doing it other than for personal illegal purposes away from watchdogs.

If she has a legitimate case for running an outside email server it should be hosted outside with filtering and security measures. She put so much national security at risk for running it privately. She is not qualified to be president for the simple fact that she obstructed government officials from imposing the rules on her.
On security-encryption, so true.

Reading people's opinions, I've come to the conclusion most still believe 'the cloud' is some technologically revolutionary advance created solely after the Windows 7 (I believe) commercial 6 or 7 years ago. Lol

Old 12-31-2016, 02:14 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's fun seeing the communists in this country suddenly be against "communism".
Its even more fun seeing those (like you) who pretended to be against it suddenly embrace it.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:18 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many republicans back Obama on this. And Putin can ignore us all he wants but the sanctions are still going to happen and it will hurt them. But why do you care so much about Putin
Correct, there are plenty of patriotic Republicans who are standing up against this nonsense. It's the weaker "follow the leader" types who have drank the kool-aid in this.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:24 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So back to the topic. Putin will not expel the US diplomats because Russia needs their expense income.

They will also be very happy to leave Russia. Unlike the Russian diplomats who are complaining they will have to take their kids out of US schools. Must mean that Russian Utopia the paid employees of Russia keep writing about is not really a good place to be.

Putin has nothing else to do. Nutty Don will have major problems.
Putin would be foolish to retaliate with Trump and Rex coming on in 3 weeks, if Obama was remaining in office it would be a different story. It will be interesting to see if Trump rolls back sanctions and gives them a bye on Crimea, Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies